Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that many here love Liverpool because they actually live there, others because of crentain players like Owen, Gerrard, Fowler etc. but it would be interesting to hear people's stories about Liverpool and why it's the best club in the world :D.

This is how I became i Liverpool Fan:

So, back in 2000 i became interested in football, i was just 10 and everyone in my school was talking about Ronaldo and Zidane as usual.
Most in my school loved ether Real, Manu or Milan but me, i was an England NT fan. At that time i also started to play many football video games with england as usual :D.
Most of the goals i scored with a guy called Owen, i didn't know who he was till Germany met England in 2001 QF for the WC. I watched that game and most of you know what happend.
Next day i asked my best friend about Owen and where he played ( he was and england fan too). He said Liverpool, aha, so i became interested in Pool and Started to watch them because of Owen :rolleyes:.
Anyway, after 3 years Liverpool got in my heart but than, while talking with my friend i heard in the news "Michael Owen Joins Real Madrd", i was shocked :eek:, i first thought that that is realy Bad news but than i thought, why not? I think for a player like Owen, Real is the best place ( How stupid i was :tongue: :sigh: )
But my interest in Liverpool, while a bit destroyed, was still there. Everyone was talking about a Revolution with Benitez but i didn't realy took those things serious.
But than, the campaing started, WHAT A SHOCKING GOAL BY GERRARD ( the olympiacos one), than 2 months later, Bayer Levercusen were out, and we draw Juventus, damn it.
Garcia shoot's, OMFG!!! :eek:, Hypia, goal!!! and than Trezeguet i think. That was great!. 2 weeks later i coulnt feel my legs after the second leg :howler:.
Chelsea, i though we were out but than, hey we survived in Stamford Bridge! that was crazy. 2 weeks later, Garcia again managed to score a goal ( perhaps the most discused goal last year).
Allthrough the 2nd leg was just boring as usual, it was like a thriller for me! and than, 15 seconds before the end, Gudionsen has the ball with just 5 metters to the goal, i realy dont know how i survived that :dazed:
25 05 2005, the legendary day has come, Liverpool VS Milan!!!, i couldnt wait for the game to start but after 45 mitutes i thought i shouldnt have watched the game :(, i went to the toilet and didnt want to watch it anymore but i thought, hey this is the CL, anything can happen and im sure Rafa will send all his boys in front.
So, i went to my room and the rest was History...

Im proud to be a RED :proud: and YNWA!!! :star:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Deo said:
I know that many here love Liverpool because they actually live there, others because of crentain players like Owen, Gerrard, Fowler etc. but it would be interesting to hear people's stories about Liverpool and why it's the best club in the world :D.

This is how I became i Liverpool Fan:

So, back in 2000 i became interested in football, i was just 10 and everyone in my school was talking about Ronaldo and Zidane as usual.
Most in my school loved ether Real, Manu or Milan but me, i was an England NT fan. At that time i also started to play many football video games with england as usual :D.
Most of the goals i scored with a guy called Owen, i didn't know who he was till Germany met England in 2001 QF for the WC. I watched that game and most of you know what happend.
Next day i asked my best friend about Owen and where he played ( he was and england fan too). He said Liverpool, aha, so i became interested in Pool and Started to watch them because of Owen :rolleyes:.
Anyway, after 3 years Liverpool got in my heart but than, while talking with my friend i heard in the news "Michael Owen Joins Real Madrd", i was shocked :eek:, i first thought that that is realy Bad news but than i thought, why not? I think for a player like Owen, Real is the best place ( How stupid i was :tongue: :sigh: )
But my interest in Liverpool, while a bit destroyed, was still there. Everyone was talking about a Revolution with Benitez but i didn't realy took those things serious.
But than, the campaing started, WHAT A SHOCKING GOAL BY GERRARD ( the olympiacos one), than 2 months later, Bayer Levercusen were out, and we draw Juventus, damn it.
Garcia shoot's, OMFG!!! :eek:, Hypia, goal!!! and than Trezeguet i think. That was great!. 2 weeks later i coulnt feel my legs after the second leg :howler:.
Chelsea, i though we were out but than, hey we survived in Stamford Bridge! that was crazy. 2 weeks later, Garcia again managed to score a goal ( perhaps the most discused goal last year).
Allthrough the 2nd leg was just boring as usual, it was like a thriller for me! and than, 15 seconds before the end, Gudionsen has the ball with just 5 metters to the goal, i realy dont know how i survived that :dazed:
25 05 2005, the legendary day has come, Liverpool VS Milan!!!, i couldnt wait for the game to start but after 45 mitutes i thought i shouldnt have watched the game :(, i went to the toilet and didnt want to watch it anymore but i thought, hey this is the CL, anything can happen and im sure Rafa will send all his boys in front.
So, i went to my room and the rest was History...

Im proud to be a RED :proud: and YNWA!!! :star:
My story is pretty similar to yours but without the Owen video game part. :tongue:

Also one thing that made me a RED is Anfield fan support, i remember last year i bough a home enterteinment system with loud speakers and hearing the KOP sings (Chelsea and Juve games) made me realized that
Liverpool is a legendary club full of tradition and mystic.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
great thread Deo :thumbsup:

Well for me about 96 i got interested in football, i was only a mere 10 years old
kind of late for a football fan :depress:

my whole family were RED's well all my family who were football fans :), my cousins were die-hard Liverpool fans, i started watching Liverpool and picked them up and supported them, Patrik Berger
. As time wore on and we got sky :D, i started watching more and more, I remember Anfield the first time, I didnt know what to expect, my cousins said you'll enjoy it and hear a few words you've never ehard before :pp. it was beautfiul, the songs rang in your ear all the way back home :proud:, the game against sheffield wednesday i think it was (can't believe i forgotte already) :)

I was gutted when Macca left, i thought we were done for, the fact i didnt know much about the new foreign players we bought never helped, but nowadays i know most footballers who we might sign or could sign :D. Oh the old days, so young and fresh :D:pp

I picked up watching more and more, the Houllier era is what i remember best :D. the treble in 2001 was out of this world, we hadn't won many trophies in some time, but then we couldnt stop :D. shame he sold barmby at the time, he was a top player and that squad had depth, shame ged couldnt build on his team.

then when we signed Rafa i was over the moon, the Rafalucion had begun, from the start you could see this team was different, they attacked more and played a better style, if anything i think we played better football last season than this season :)

Istanbul was an extreme of emotions, half time i was down, thinking of next year, Reina incoming and what other things we'd do. Gerrard going what would that mean, when we scored the firts i almost knocked my sisters head off, celebrating, i was dying for a second when vladi got it I was over the moon, then even before Gerrard had fully hit the ground i was screaming PENALTY :D the rest is history. :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I haven't got an interesting story to tell. I got a serious interest in football relatively late (around 12-13) and I started following European football through TV, although there weren't many games live, mostly the English League. I just fell in love with the old gang, the likes of Fowler, Redknapp, Macca [Yeah yeah the spice boys] etc. The way their team played caught my eye for some reason eventhough they weren't quite successful :D And I just fell inlove with the team and the club as a whole.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
numerodix said:
good question, most people cannot fathom how it happens :pp
a rare visit from our now departed technical manager :D

I agree, i found it hard to remember how it happened. Natural causes one presumes :D:pp

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
well I'm from merseyside ,me mum supported liverpool cos she fancied kevin keegan ,she called me brother after him ,she also never stopped going on about ian st john and bill shankly .I couldn't help but support them but it was easier for me I am from the area and me parents support liverpool ,I actually admire people who support liverpool who aren't from liverpool itself ,its an honour to have people from around the world who love the club as much as I do.

I think out of towners get terribly confused with fickle fans and gloryhunters.They are not the same ,some of the most fickle fans I ever met were from liverpooll and some of the most loyal not from liverpool.

can't stand is fickle fans ,if you want supoort liverpool ,great but don't just support the club when it wins cos thats easy ,once you start supporting them stick with them through thick and thin regardless .

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great story arfy, allthrough not spectacular, the last part makes it so beautifull :D

Gotta ask a question through, what's the worst moment in you Liverpool fan carrer?

I have to think a bit but it's probably the 1-4 defeat by chelsea last year at anfield :(

(not gonna ask what the best through :tongue: )

·
Registered
353 Posts
Born One, had no choice, just glad me pappy didnt support the Bitters

of course there is one thing supporting and another being old enough to understand who does what and why, thats why John Barnes and Jan Molby and my True Heroes, as that was when I really understood ability, and not just "we won coz we are Liverpool", "we Lost! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" :)

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
liver bird said:
well I'm from merseyside ,me mum supported liverpool cos she fancied kevin keegan ,she called me brother after him ,she also never stopped going on about ian st john and bill shankly .I couldn't help but support them but it was easier for me I am from the area and me parents support liverpool ,I actually admire people who support liverpool who aren't from liverpool itself ,its an honour to have people from around the world who love the club as much as I do.

I think out of towners get terribly confused with fickle fans and gloryhunters.They are not the same ,some of the most fickle fans I ever met were from liverpooll and some of the most loyal not from liverpool.

can't stand is fickle fans ,if you want supoort liverpool ,great but don't just support the club when it wins cos thats easy ,once you start supporting them stick with them through thick and thin regardless .
nice post liver bird :thumbsup:

your mum must have been gutted when king kev left for germany. :)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
my worse memory is losing the 96 FA cup final ,was gutted ,it wasn't a good game and cantona scored in the bloody 86 th minute ,the mancs have always been jammy like that.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
my worst memory was losing to leverkusen in UCL q/final, we were rolling that season, and had the prospect of utd in the semi's. i was sure we were gonna play them, it kicked us back in our season. we lost the title and dropped back nd houlliers team never recovered.

the fa cup final was a wounder, but for me the leverkusen lost really affected me like no other, that was a dark day.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
arfy05 said:
the fa cup final was a wounder, but for me the leverkusen lost really affected me like no other, that was a dark day.
Paid off last year than :)

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
arfy05 said:
my worst memory was losing to leverkusen in UCL q/final, we were rolling that season, and had the prospect of utd in the semi's. i was sure we were gonna play them, it kicked us back in our season. we lost the title and dropped back nd houlliers team never recovered.

That wasnt that much of a dark day amigo,
Just Imagine

Last year CL Final for MIlan fans
Bayern Munchen final against the Scums
Real madrid Cup Final lost against depor in our Centenario.
and many more

In fact I think Liverpool has been a bless club. Hardly a a case of We play like never but lost like always.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alter Ego said:
That wasnt that much of a dark day amigo,
Just Imagine

Last year CL Final for MIlan fans
Bayern Munchen final against the Scums
Real madrid Cup Final lost against depor in our Centenario.
and many more

In fact I think Liverpool has been a bless club. Hardly a a case of We play like never but lost like always.
Add the milan depor game there too :howler:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
yeah that leverkusen game was gutting ,felt sick for days after ,turning point for houllier in a bad way unfortuntely.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
liver bird said:
yeah that leverkusen game was gutting ,felt sick for days after ,turning point for houllier in a bad way unfortuntely.
really :eekani: you must have a beauuutifull life then.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
At Alter Ego: Your avatar is so hypnotic.

Now you can go back to your convo. lol.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts