Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How did any English Clubs celebrated with 100 years of its establishing ??

Hello all ,

After 2 years my Beloved Egytptian Ahly will celebrate his 100th Birthday , And i would like to know ideas from what happend in England
but i wanna to know the officialy celebration who made by Club Officials not by the fans , Could any one help me ??

p.s if any one can give me links , Pics or Clips it will be great

Cheers,
A.Sabry

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
just went by unoticed at my club back in 1998. too busy trying not to get relegated to the third level of english football. eventually ended up one point ahead of man city in the relegation zone

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
WE stayed in the premiership for once. 1994-95 was the 100th anniversary of being known as Manchester City. There was little fuss though, as we were still having boardroom struggles. I know that in our 100th anniversary since being formed as St. Mark's West Gorton we got to the FA Cup Final, only to lose it. That was in 1980-81. Next season will be our 125th season as a club, but it'll go un-noticed.

eventually ended up one point ahead of man city in the relegation zone
Lucky Bastards. :(

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
The Green One said:
WE stayed in the premiership for once. 1994-95 was the 100th anniversary of being known as Manchester City. There was little fuss though, as we were still having boardroom struggles. I know that in our 100th anniversary since being formed as St. Mark's West Gorton we got to the FA Cup Final, only to lose it. That was in 1980-81. Next season will be our 125th season as a club, but it'll go un-noticed.

Lucky Bastards. :(

~ The Green ;)ne

you came back tho didnt u and got one over on that cnut pulis in the playoffs. you also look safe this season. we dont, 9 defeats in 10 = fcuked

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
can't remember is we did anything special, the only thing i remember is we had Centenary season under our badge, it was in 1986 and i was just a nipper.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
you came back tho didnt u and got one over on that cnut pulis in the playoffs. you also look safe this season. we dont, 9 defeats in 10 = fcuked
Heh, I hate pulis, but I hate that bastard Scally, the Gills chairman even more. And Pompey will survive cos the other teams are just so shite.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
I wasn't even born then :eek: wasn't that GG's first season?

yeah that was it, and the first time we got see Perry Groves in action. :thumbsup:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Club founded in 1878 so its our 127th season :)

D

·
0 Posts
Who was the first to celebrate 100 years of being a football club?

I know Everton were the first to celebrate 100 seasons in the top division two seasons ago, I think Aston Villa are next if they stay in the division until 2012 or something like that.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Notts County are the oldest club in the league at this current time. Sheffield FC are the oldest in england i think but they're in the 3rd or 4th level of the non-league pyramid

1 - 13 of 13 Posts