Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Sometimes it is beneficial for multiple parties. Italy will figure out their mistakes and try to improve on them (intrinsic benefit) . On the otherhand, different teams get an unlikely opportunity. Gives them some experience at the WC level. It is kind of like a win-win situation to some small extent.
Its happened now, so nothing we can about it but I wouldn't have chosen to miss a World Cup or a Euro. Changes were being looked at already, granted this is speeding up the process.

4 years? :D You haven't lived in England for long have you?

We're still hype about '66!

:D Nah I've lived here long enough now, I know '66 and Maradona's hand of God are The 2 main WC moments. A WC win would send the country into a frenzy and the media would dine on it for a looooong time.

Very good post :D

However I can't agree with Portugal (c Ron is despicable) and Croatia has the worst fans in xt along with other Balkan nations.

Some african or Asian team would be ideal :p
I don't mind seeing Portugal win as they have always had players which I've either loved or respected. Ronaldo winning the WC would also send twitter into a meltdown.

Croatia have some really good technical players in midfield that I enjoy watching but year their fans on here are on another level :grin2:

Yes, but we have to face the fact that in the WC - apart from once (1954) - the winner always came from among the very top favourites.
Fingers crossed for a new team.

Its happened now, so nothing we can about it but I wouldn't have chosen to miss a World Cup or a Euro. Changes were being looked at already, granted this is speeding up the process.

:D Nah I've lived here long enough now, I know '66 and Maradona's hand of God are The 2 main WC moments. A WC win would send the country into a frenzy and the media would dine on it for a looooong time.

I don't mind seeing Portugal win as they have always had players which I've either loved or respected. Ronaldo winning the WC would also send twitter into a meltdown.

Croatia have some really good technical players in midfield that I enjoy watching but year their fans on here are on another level :grin2:

Fingers crossed for a new team.
Why do you care about twitter?

Worst thing is seeing favs losing points and Italy isnt there to capitalize. Could be WC where all of Ger, Arg, Bra fail to deliver. This righr now is one of the most open cups in terms of winning it. Most favorites have issues.

Ger - too many players from 2014. Hummels and Boateng look slow. Khedira and Ozil anonymous. Why is Ozil starting. Arsenal play EL. Leaving Sane out mistake potentially. Muller continues euro form (poor).

Arg - again too many players from 2014. Mascherano plays china now. Defense and keeper questionable. Not enough trust for younger gen in attack.

Bra - bias for Neymar. Still selfish. (Him not being team player is hurting Brazil) Weird tactical decisions from coach changing DMs midgame. Average RB starting. Costa should start somewhere in this team. Think Marquinhos is better CB than the 2 starters but not starting.

Fra - didnt see the game. Heard narrow lucky win. DD is not visionary. Lot of talent but i think he will fail to win it. He already failed in 2016.

Spa - 3:3 against Portugal. De gea was poor. I dont think impressive cause Portugal themselves have issues. Spain failed to win from winning position. They could still go far of course. Portugal surprised actually. But defense is old with 35 Pepe and 34 the other CB.

Uru - they could go far as shown before. But win 1:0 against Salah-less Egypt from CB goal last min. This was a game Cavani or Suarez should have shown their value and potential for golden boot chances. Again not very impressive.

But with Ventura Italy would have lost to Korea tonight. But with a better manager Italy could have done smth here. Missed opportunity. I hope Ventura and Tavecchio got deported after this. So did they?@ToniSamp

A quarterfinal might have been hard to reach anyway. Depending on the opponents we could have reached them or not. In a group with Germany, Mexico and South Korea we would have gone home very likely. It's also true that if we had qualified to the world cup we wouldn't have been in the same pot of Sweden.

The national was terribly mismanaged under Ventura and the FIGC head. After saying I would not watch, I'm watching this event. Going to be a good tournament I feel.

As for Italy, I see the groundwork already being laid for success in our youth teams. They are not winning tournaments but they are doing well, and some talented youngsters coming up.

The current side will be much better, the youth influx is exactly what we need. I figure the new FIGC head and Mancio understood this before being hiring on.

We should of never lost out to Sweden, but it is what it is.

Said I wouldn't watch it, but couldn't resist and was rewarded with one of the most exciting first rounds. Some good matches on display. Enjoyed France-Argie, today's Bra-Mex is hot. Very balanced.

What are you guys learning about the needs of the NT in this world cup?

The calibre of skill is quite low but the teams are super organized and Ventura's team would have been knocked out of the group stage without doubt.

Just reaffirms that Italy needs to continue building strongly organized sides with multiple modules available. Players like insigne and crap like that should not dictate the modules at all.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.