Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're one month away from crazy season. The world might be in economic depression , but that doesn't seem to affect Florentino Perez.

Kaka, Ribery, CRon, Xabi Alonso , Maicon , Clichy all are targets. And if he manages to get all or some of hi target's , how are they gonna be replaced.

How crazy is this going to be?

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
None of the mentioned players will move imho.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
With big sides like Chelsea, Milan and Real all likely to freshen up their squads and Man City looking to flex their muscles it could be very interesting.

Expect the likes of Liverpol and Arsenal also to spend and strengthen as well.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Xabi Alonso is going nowhere.

Madrid, City and Arsenal, keep your dirty paws of him.

Summer transfer bullshit has already started. Barry will finally complete his move to Liverpool. Can see us getting Johnson from Portsmouth, and one potentially world class attacking player that can play a variety of attacking positions.

City's summer transfer activity will be interesting. I think they'll get one established player. My money's on Tevez.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Out of those players, only Ribery will move.

I dont expect a crazy summer, apart from perhaps some crazy bids from Madrid and City. There isnt alot of money flowing around atm.

I expect mostly fringe moves, not alot of big moves. Diego will go to Juve, Ribery to X and Tevez to X, will be the only big moves this summer.

Some team will require somewhat of an overhaul tho. Like Inter, who has alot of players who are out of contract and alot of dead wood lying around. Sadly for them though, they dont have alot of money so they need to buy over a half dozen players for something like 70m€, which obviously can only bring in players of very questionable quality. If only Mourinho hadnt wasted a similar budget last summer, they might actually could have brought in some quality, but thats not going to happen now.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Xabi Alonso is going nowhere.

Madrid, City and Arsenal, keep your dirty paws of him.

Summer transfer bullshit has already started. Barry will finally complete his move to Liverpool. Can see us getting Johnson from Portsmouth, and one potentially world class attacking player that can play a variety of attacking positions.
Stewart Downing? :hopeful:

And Barry is practically a Liverpool player, not really a surprise. It will be much cheaper than the projected £18m of last summer as he's only got a year left on his contract now.

As for United, I don't think there is a huge need to sign players, even if Tevez's first option isnt exercised. I would be more than happy enough with Macheda and Welbeck getting even more minutes. Says a lot about what theyve shown as 17 and 18 year olds at a club like United that a lot of fans would be happy with this.

Maybe a new right back seeing as Neville cannot stay fit and Rafael is still only 18 even though he has shown incredible potential he still has stuff to learn. Oh and a goalkeeper with Edwin retiring next year + Kuszczak being a pile of shit.

No idea who is avaliable at right back but I have a feeling we'll go for one of the Spanish keepers, Asenjo or Diego Lopez who have both been linked with United for over a year.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Asenjo is actually closer to Atléti or Barca than United, especially since his girlfriend lives and studies in Madrid, but you never know.

Diego López will cost a fortune, probably around €20 million and Villarreal aren't really keen on letting him go.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Stewart Downing? :hopeful:

And Barry is practically a Liverpool player, not really a surprise. It will be much cheaper than the projected £18m of last summer as he's only got a year left on his contract now.
You might think it's funny, but i wouldn't be surprised if we do sign him:(

As for Barry i would be happy with that signing as long as Xabi doesn't leave. We'll have Masch, Xabi, Gerrard and Barry. Would definitely be the best CM in the world :)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Asenjo is actually closer to Atléti or Barca than United, especially since his girlfriend lives and studies in Madrid, but you never know.

Diego López will cost a fortune, probably around €20 million and Villarreal aren't really keen on letting him go.
If our interest in him is real it wouldn't surprise me if United go and pay 20m for a goalie. Our transfer policy is a bit odd sometimes, we hesitate for too long and only buy players when theyve got price tags of 20 or 30 mill. :proud:

Talking of goalkeepers, one of the best in the shape of Buffon seems to be whinging about not winning trophies at Juve. Would be some statement of intent if United tried to improve their team with arguably the best GK in the world.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
You might think it's funny, but i wouldn't be surprised if we do sign him:(

As for Barry i would be happy with that signing as long as Xabi doesn't leave. We'll have Masch, Xabi, Gerrard and Barry. Would definitely be the best CM in the world :)
Masch and Alonso , yep.

Gerrard is more of a forward than a central midfielder these days + I don't really rate Barry as a great player. He's just ok, and certainly not something you're in great need for. Just more proof of Benitez's stubbornness. Im gonna take a guess, but surely Liverpool fans would prefer putting that £10m or whatever it will be now for Barry, towards a great left winger?

Instead you can see it being Barry and Downing in for £10m a piece, which would be typical Benitez. And he'd be an even bigger lunatic than he was last year if he tries to flog Alonso again. Cos I can't see him giving up on Lucas yet and you cant blame him either. Another reason to see the Barry signing as pointless.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Yeah I don't see the point in signing Barry when Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Lucas can all play there, unless he is getting rid of Lucas and wants Barry for depth because there is no way that I'd start Barry over Alonso based on this seasons performances. Rafa should aim to sign a striker, another attacking player that can play on either side because Kuyt and Riera can defiantly be improved on to make the squad have a bigger depth.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
As for United, I don't think there is a huge need to sign players, even if Tevez's first option isnt exercised. I would be more than happy enough with Macheda and Welbeck getting even more minutes. Says a lot about what theyve shown as 17 and 18 year olds at a club like United that a lot of fans would be happy with this.
What's the update on Fraizer Campbell? Are United keeping him next season?

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
We're one month away from crazy season. The world might be in economic depression , but that doesn't seem to affect Florentino Perez.

Kaka, Ribery, CRon, Xabi Alonso , Maicon , Clichy all are targets. And if he manages to get all or some of hi target's , how are they gonna be replaced.

How crazy is this going to be?
half the Real forum seem to believe this nonsense about Maicon

not a prayer

Alonso - forget about it

Kaka I gravely doubt

Ribery might

biggest transfer saga might be if Valencia sell up or if someone stumps up the cash for Aguero

otherwise a quiet summer

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Yeah I don't see the point in signing Barry when Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Lucas can all play there, unless he is getting rid of Lucas and wants Barry for depth because there is no way that I'd start Barry over Alonso based on this seasons performances. Rafa should aim to sign a striker, another attacking player that can play on either side because Kuyt and Riera can defiantly be improved on to make the squad have a bigger depth.
Hopefully he sells Alonso, those stories just won't go away. ;) :hopeful:

What's the update on Fraizer Campbell? Are United keeping him next season?
Will be sold to Wigan or something for something ridiculous. We usually sell players well. Received over £20m for Richardson, Heinze and Smith 2 summers ago. :D

·
Registered
16,218 Posts

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Masch and Alonso , yep.

Gerrard is more of a forward than a central midfielder these days + I don't really rate Barry as a great player. He's just ok, and certainly not something you're in great need for. Just more proof of Benitez's stubbornness. Im gonna take a guess, but surely Liverpool fans would prefer putting that £10m or whatever it will be now for Barry, towards a great left winger?

Instead you can see it being Barry and Downing in for £10m a piece, which would be typical Benitez. And he'd be an even bigger lunatic than he was last year if he tries to flog Alonso again. Cos I can't see him giving up on Lucas yet and you cant blame him either. Another reason to see the Barry signing as pointless.
Barry is a very good player, and very underrated. i think we need Barry for squad depth especially as our whole style of play relies on our CM. Alonso and Masch can't start every game now can they? and we can't say replacing either with Lucas is replacing them like for like in quality. On top of that Lucas would be a better replacement for Gerrard's position than Alonso/Masch's.

I'm pretty confident anyway we'll be getting a world class attacking player to compliment Gerrard and Torres. We might get Downing, but that'll only happen through selling Reira.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
We can definitely improve on Reira. We've been linked with Silva so who knows? Kuyt, i'm very happy with. Been excellent playing on the right wing.

Arsenal need to go on a serious spending spree. New goal keeper, at least 2 new CD, and a DM. So you need at least 4 new players. Will cost a few quid. Wenger will have to spend especially now that City will be aiming for the top 4. I think Arsenal face the biggest summer out of all the clubs.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts