Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it's the transfer season again and i'm sure every juve fan will hope for some star players to be in juve next season. the big problem is, how can we keep up with lazio, inter and milan while all of them get in proven-world-class players to improve their squad but juve still think that youth players can help them. of course youth players are good in the long run but i believe all juve fans expect to see good results and we want it fast. please note that i'm not saying juve won't be able to compete among the 'big 7' without buying star players but juve will definitely do better with them and besides, it's juve's loss if they don't bring in good players.

i'm really afraid juve would become like ajax. ajax have a great youth team and a wonderful football skool to bring up young players but ajax don't get far in football because they sell all their star players but never bring in any. juve is starting to get close to that. maybe hardcore juve fans will say juve will NEVER becom like ajax but who knows?? while lazio are bringing in claudio lopez, clubs are trying to sign batistuta, trezeguet, saviola, riquelme, virei, figo, rivaldo and so on, what is juve doing?? where is juve?? i'm not saying that juve should go get them all, but 1 or 2 big name players won't hurt. juve just never seem to be interested in any of those already proven acknowledged players. we keep talking about who should juve buy and who's the best player, best transfer but juve ALWAYS go for those we don't expect to see. those we never even heard of, those who u won't see clubs like man utd/lazio trying to sign because those players can't and haven't even played in top class football matches before!! i think in time to come, we'll see lazio in the top 2(italian league) a lot because they've got so many quality players until they can even make 2 squads with a great team. and people/clubs respect their team because they respect the players and the players are respected because they are already established, already proven, already world-class who will catch ur eye when u watch them play in a match.

juve have got to really change if we want to keep up with the top clubs around europe. me say, 60% proven players and 40% youth players. but juve seem to be doing 20%-80%. this is really bothering me. i really hope to see some new players next season.
good luck....... :)

THE GRAND OLD LADY WILL BE BACK.............

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
see, the problem is right in front of our eyes. we think this and that player will come but in the end, juve will always sign players like mirkovic, o'brien, u know, etc.

fiorentina is in turmoil because of batigol and co. wanting to leave. now that Trap has left, i don't think they can compete among the big 7 next season because maybe rui costa and toldo will also leave the club.
u know what, i think world class star players would rather play with other star players than youth players. if u were a player, would u rather play among the likes of figo, rivaldo and batistuta or among the likes of brighi, mirkovic, salva, etc??

it's just so hard for me to believe who juve will buy but i damn sure hope that they will purchase someone good.

THE GRAND OLD LADY WILL BE BACK............

S

·
0 Posts
this is a list of possible players coming to Juve, some of them are sure, some not, some not very close:
Yuan, please note the ones in capital letters:

ANELKA
NESTA
oneill
cassano
TREZEGUET
RECOBA
zebina
cirillo
frey
juan pablo ANGEL (half and half)

------------------
G3ORG3

FoRzA JuVe

fOrZa BiAnCoNeRi

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Supergeo, don't forget Salas, Crespo and maybe Montella. These three have been linked as well. But it is true, we need more experienced established players. Lopez is a perfect example. But the youth is good too.

------------------
CUG

D

·
0 Posts
HelloOoOoO JUVE Fan,
can i told you my Opinion! JUVE with all this player is a very good team but one thing JUVE need and it's other Playsmaker. coz we see when zizou can't play Ancelotti
didn't find the good player to replace zidan.
really JUVE now is very very good and i think if other players will enter to it
JUVE will be worst..

EVER AFTER FORZA JUVE.

[This message has been edited by Desert Rose (edited 21-05-2000).]

C

·
0 Posts
i fail to agree

i think juve need more players to strengthen their squad

juve might be good, very good,
but not yet THE best

juve needs to prove itself.
win CL, Serie A, Italian Cup ....
if Juve can do all this in one season, then they are the undoubtedly the best

until then, we need to reinforce our squad by signing new better players and getting rid of unneeded players ie: mirkovic

thats my opinion

forza juve

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Yuan, I get your point. Our transfer philosophy seems to piss you off sometimes! :) I agree with you now, at some point. Now I really think it's time to purchase a player known for his reputation. We have enough money. Imagine if we had Crespo.. it would be perfect! The thing is, therefor we should buy a topclass player. It is time, we DEFINITELY need to strengthen our team. Lazio are strengthening their team with players such as Lopez. Then we don't stand a chance against them next years if don't buy some new players. A TOP 1st CLASS PURE GOALGETTER or something! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts