Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems like the soccer powers of the world were making fun of portugal. ANd it looks like right now they are all getting bitched slaped in the face. Argentina,Italy, and France are on the boarder line, and they have already played 2 games. At least we have only played one game though

·
Registered
549 Posts
yes, this is definately an underdog world cup this time around.

**************Possible game spoiler************

I was very happy to wake up this morning and hear croatia beat italy 2-1. Not only that, but we might not have to play italy if we do pass our group. Things are starting to get very exciting

now portugal we just need to concentrate on the upcoming 2 games 1 at a time and played like we did at EURO!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and another thing, if u go to the england board, they are all rating the england game as a great game and stuff like that, and saying if england play like that they can go far. I dont know if its just me, but that england argentina game was complete ****

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
What a tournament. If you bet on underdogs you must be ready to retire by now.

I hope Portugal has been taking it easy and strengthening themselves for Monday morning's game. Now is the time to make our support LOUD and STRONG! Maybe someone somewhere can jump off a tall building with the Portuguese flag as his parachute????

I'm an older guy, I'll settle for driving around with the two flags that are already on my car!

M

·
0 Posts
OGOLO said:
and another thing, if u go to the england board, they are all rating the england game as a great game and stuff like that, and saying if england play like that they can go far. I dont know if its just me, but that england argentina game was complete ****

Yeah i did living over here i havnt been able to seperate myself from it! :mad:

Argentina played crap and Colina (AKA England fan:rolleyes: ) gave then a penalty that was harsh. Then accuse all of the Argentina team of diving well how many rolls did Sinclair put in when Ortega tapped him. no that wasnt a dive was it!!:howler:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
england is defenently overated. And i dont know if the people that whacthced the portugal game on espn2 but jack edwards said something bout the refs favoring portugal because they are soccer's royalty. Plez thats England for u right there

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
A friend of mine said this is a World Cup of upsets, and now I see his words coming through.... Now if only Brazil can get kicked out I'd be happy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
do you know what guys i really miss humberto coelho, that was the ONLY time portugal played well (organized) and strong. we lost the team now and what we have is a group of world stars but no team! it's very sad but it is true:(

i hope we pull ourselfs together and the players at least go back to what makes them strong (unity on the field) and f*** what the self centered bast*** of oliveira thinks.

i strongly dislike the man! he has managed to break this team into pieces and nobody responsable sees that

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Odd no one mentioned Xavier he was our greatest defender.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
It has never been an option. In the World Cup there are only 2 options
1. Win
2. Win BIG

There are no set maximums and the minimum is a win.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
It has never been an option. In the World Cup there are only 2 options
1. Win
2. Win BIG

There are no set maximums and the minimum is a win.
In Various articles I have read , Figo & Rui Costa are urging themselves to play there biggest games of there careers on Monday , with Rui saying ,if he is not in the best possible line up to drop him & No one is bigger than the country !!

Perhaps that is a thinly veiled swipe at AO about his Baia selection !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts