Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please inform me on how the Finns in Norway (Saarinen, Tihinen, Tauriainen, Kopteff, Kuivasto etc.) have been doing? Have they been in good form recently & have they scored any goals?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Kopteff made the team of the round in a big newpaper. The rest I don't know. Saarinen? I don't think he is a regular starter. Our defence in Brann is not the best. So could you give me a report on pride of Haka, Harri Ylønen's performance?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Harri Ylönen has been playing very well for FC Haka. In their first match at home in Valkeakoski they beat the team I support, HJK Helsinki 2-1. FC Haka have a great team this year. They are one of the favourites to win the Finnish VeikkausLiiga this season.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brbtv said:
Saarinen? I don't think he is a regular starter.
Janne Saarinen plays for Rosenborg & there are rumours that his moving to Anderlecht next season to partner Hannu Tihinen.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry, for a bad report. I will do some research on Sunday and give you a better report on them. My impression though is that the Finns we have here are quality. Are there many people supportin HJK? How many in a normal home game.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mike Peltola (Bodø/GLimt) Only startet 1 of 4 matches this year his not in the starting 11, and im not imprest of him so far.

Sami Mahlio (Odd Grendland) Injured, normaly in the starting eleven for Odd, But Odd have played so well without him so I thinck he might get problem to get back in the starting elleven after his injury.

Janne Saarinen (RBK) He?s played ok, he missed the first match becouse of injury, but play good in the last two matches.

Toni Kuivasto (Viking) Played very good, also scored 2 goal fram his defense position, maby Viking best players so far, one of the best defence players in the league this year so far.

Hannu Tihinen (Viking) A little bit disepointed, maybe hes has his head in Anderlecht allredy.

Peter Kopteff (VIking) Only played one match, the last one. but he was very good in that match, man of the match, and he will be playing mucht more I will tinck.

Jukka Hakala (Start) Is injured.

Kimmo Tourianen (Start) Scored one goal but have not impresed me very much, but seams like an ok player.

Henry Mynnti (Tromsø) Seams to be a good talent but just played a few minuts for the first team.

Miika Koppinen (Tromsø) has been injured, but is one of the best player in Tromsø.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Brbtv said:
Are there many people supportin HJK? How many in a normal home game.
HJK has quite a lot of supporters but in our last game HJK played the attendance was the lowest they've had for 3/2 yrs. A bit less than 2,000 supporters attended the match against FC Jazz this most likely was because of the 1st of May celebrations. Usually 4,000 to 6,000 people attend HJK matches. During "BIG" matches HJK can even have attendances like 40,000. When we played in the UEFA Champions League in '98 we had a 40,000 attendance at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium. They play at the Finnair Stadium in Helsinki which in my opinion is the nicest in Scandinavia.

Here are some pictures of the Finnair Stadium :
http://www.visioiva.fi/ForzaHJK/Kuvat/Finski/4668.jpg

http://www.visioiva.fi/ForzaHJK/Kuvat/Finski/4661.jpg

HJK supporters club , Forza HJK :
http://www.sigmatic.fi/~forzahjk

HJK official website also in English :
www.hjk.fi

·
Registered
426 Posts
Very nice stadium. It looks brand new. Reminds me a bit of Madejski stadium, but it is bigger. 2000 in a stadium for 40000. How lame? But you said it was 1st of May, so okay. Nicest in Scandinavia? Maybe. I don't know what the danes say about that. They are so proud of their "Parken". In Norway we don't have good stadiums. Only two have really good standards an are all seaters, Ullevål (NT, Lyn and Vålerenga) and Lerkendal (Rosenborg). Then Brann stadium I guess, which is the ground for my local team. The stadium is so old, but it takes 19000 and has 11500 seats, which is good in Norway. The best stadium in Europe is....., Santiago Bernabeu. Really impressing, but I also like Anoeta in San Sebastian. Anyway I guess most people here hasn't been to Spain.

The home site was a bit not informing in english. It said something about former Brann player Mika Kottila scoring a hat trick, but I guess that was a pre season game. It said nothing about how many he had in the league. Not many I guess, as the league just got started. He came from Trelleborg, right?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No actually the Finnair Stadium at most holds 15,000 spectators it's at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium where HJK plays it's "BIG" matches. But I remember before the Finnair Stadium was constructed, HJK still played at the Olympic Stadium & we had 5,000 attendance in a 40,000 stadium. It was only the sea gulls that made noise in the north stand. :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brbtv said:
The home site was a bit not informing in english. It said something about former Brann player Mika Kottila scoring a hat trick, but I guess that was a pre season game. It said nothing about how many he had in the league. Not many I guess, as the league just got started. He came from Trelleborg, right?
Yeah Mika Kottila moved to HJK from Trelleborg in Sweden. He scored his first goal in our second game. I remember when Kottila moved to Brann Bergen from HJK after our champions league campaign in '98. Alexei Jeremenko Sr. also plays in our team. He played for Tromso in Norway as well. His son Alexei Jeremenko Jr. also plays for HJK & he is really talented. Aston Villa tried to sign him but they had problems with his work permit. It was something to do with his Russian nationality. Now Jeremenko Jr. wants to have a Finnish passport so he can move to any club as an E.U. player.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts