Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they look like anywhere near their best? Were ManUtd wrong to let them go?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I would get rid of both. But honestly before I get rid of them I would ship off Diego.

I don't think anyone expected volkan sen to play that well this year but who knows if that performance will continue into the next season.

One thing I know is that rvp and fernendao can't both be the starting forward I know rvp did score like 15 goals which is good for our league but the leader for less money scored 26 and eto scored 20. Rvp at this price and wage had to have scored more or should have had a bigger impact overall which he did not.

As for Nani he is stil has a few years left but in the event we get an offer we can let him go. Unless he has one hell of a euro and convinces everyone that he will up his game.

But guys like Diego markovic alves fernandao need to be shipped off. And of course our keeper volkan should **** off too.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
I would get rid of both. But honestly before I get rid of them I would ship off Diego.

I don't think anyone expected volkan sen to play that well this year but who knows if that performance will continue into the next season.

One thing I know is that rvp and fernendao can't both be the starting forward I know rvp did score like 15 goals which is good for our league but the leader for less money scored 26 and eto scored 20. Rvp at this price and wage had to have scored more or should have had a bigger impact overall which he did not.

As for Nani he is stil has a few years left but in the event we get an offer we can let him go. Unless he has one hell of a euro and convinces everyone that he will up his game.

But guys like Diego markovic alves fernandao need to be shipped off. And of course our keeper volkan should **** off too.
Volkan Sen is a ****ing pic. He has tons of talent but he is not mentally stable, I would always be skeptical of his performance. He performed well last year, but the year before he was in tatters with Trabzon. No one can question his ability. During the 2009/10 championship season and even in 2010/11 he was the star player on our team before the mental issues and problems with Ertugrul kicked in at the beginning of 2011/12 (and later again at the beginning of this season). I've always said he's a pic, and he always will be.

Ozan Tufan really disappointed me this season. I thought that kid had everything he needed to excel, but it seems like he has mental issues when it comes to pressure. Hopefully he can shrug them off in the near future and realize some of his potential.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
These extremely high profile high money transfers to Turkey rarely work out anywhere near as well as they were intended to.

RVP and Nani are no exception.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
What about Van Hooijdonk?
I wouldn't exactly call Van Hooijdonk high profile or extremely high cost near the time he came in.

But even assuming he was, he'd be part of the small handful that actually played well. A very small handful.

Guys are Guti are more the rule and guys like Van Hooijdonk being the exception.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
Milan Baros was ok, I wouldn't say he had the type of career there Gala expected him to have.

Also again I'm not sure Baros was as expensive or as big as lets say a Nicolas Anelka.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts