Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering how...

some years ago they won the CL with great players like davids,seedorf,bogarde, de boer,litmanen, zenden,cocu,,ettc..

but now i don't even know 1/2 of the players in ajax!

ok they got a gd price for these ones ..but still they couldnt' manage to find a gd sus for most of themm

but how come their decline is so fast!??
is that the sole reason!?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Zenden and Cocu never played for Ajax, but for PSV.

There are many reasons for Ajax' current level....
1> Their youthsystem. Usually Ajax' main source of new players. When Van Basten left, Bergkamp came from there, and when Bergkamp left, their youthsystem brought Kluivert.
When Morten Olsen came, he started to buy players, leaving no places left for youthplayers. They all went somewhere else.
(Landzaat, vdMeyde, Splinter)
2> A shaky defense. The centrebacks lack speed. Therefore the defence is easy to beat.
3> Bad coaches. Olsen and Wouters were both unable of creating a team, like Van Gaal did, and like Adriaanse is likely to do.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few seasons ago PSV decided to focus back on the youth development. It produced some great results, first Zenden, now Bruggink and soon Bouma. Ajax should do the same. Just look at Knopper, had Ajax not sold Splinter,Gabrich,Turpijn,Musampa, etc, they could have been very talented players in the Ajax first team too today.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but is the current ajax coach a gd one!??
cos i've never heard of him before..
so u think he could bring the club back to best!???

but right now,..ain't ther any talented youths breaking through!??

i'm justa bit surprised that ajax decided to bring back some of their old stars..ex aron winter!
and then some time ago they wanted to bring back dennis bergkamp!

·
Registered
319 Posts
XAX - Trust my judgement, the new Ajax coach for next season is indeed a very good one. Co Adriaanse used to be the General Director of the Ajax Youth Development School for 5 years. He used to work very closely with Louis van Gaal and was (indirectly) co-responsible for the progress and development from players like Kluivert, Oulida, Seedorf, Davids, Ooijer, etc. Last year, his team Willem II (Tilburg), ended second in the Dutch league and qualified themselves for the Champion's League. Within 2 years, Co Adriaanse brought Willem II to a higher level. His way of coaching is something else. He used to be a gymnasticstrainer (just like Van Gaal) and demands a strong line of discipline from his players. Adriaanse is also known for his direct opinion about soccer issues. When Frank Rijkaard was chosen to be the new coach for the Dutch national team, Co was the only one who stated out firmly in public that he had serious doubt about the choice for Rijkaard. Co go critisized a lot, but in my opinion he just expressed what half of Holland thought. (And still is thinking)

Co is what we, here in Holland call, a "einzelganger", a bit of a loner. His way of training, demands a high level of professionality and everyone who cannot join the ride has to go. Co is also known to inspire players who have already been given up by other clubs and their trainers. The so-called "bad boys". If you are a little bit into Dutch soccer, you might have heard about "bad boys" like Marcel Valk and Yassine Abdellaoui or "almost forgotten" like Mariano Bombarda. Co keeps a close eye on the youth players that were in the Ajax school when he was still the General Director. For that reason he bought Dennis Schulp and Danny Landzaat and had them play in Willem II. They both are from the Ajax Youth Department. Co is also still following Rody Turpijn and Arno Splinter (De Graafschap) and his all-time little favorite Andy van der Meyde. (FC Twente)

Driver X - FYI: Ivan Gabrich didn't come from the Ajax Youth Department. As a matter of fact, he isn't even Dutch. He is from Argentina and used to play for Newell's Old Boys !

The Miss

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ajax is playing bad because of an idiot named Wouters he bought old and (relative)expensive players like Verlaat(to slow),Winter(not a leader),vn Halst(no skills) and some young players that shouldn't be starters like mr "please give me a red card" Chivu , wamberto (babangida is way better)Nieuwenburg(not top)
Ajax loanded out Hoekstra(good left winger) and has given no chance to Sibon plus the sleepy ajax didn't buy a good keeper (Westerveld,Moens,Waterreus,Boscker)they bought old and injured Menzo.
They bouht some NAMES Kinklaze ??? B laudrup is not a striker not a winger not an playmaker and Machlas who misses many chances but he's not setted up well by the wings and midfield instead in the years they could buy Hooijdonk(N forest),oude Kamphuis(twente)Nistelrooy(heerenveen)westerveld(vitesse)Bommel(Fortuna)Hyppia(willemII)Pauwe(graafschap)Ricksen(az)Hoogma(twente)Kanu(inter ,wanted to return)but ajax was arrogant and all youthplayers are leaving because they have no chances of playing in the first team
plus arveladze and witsche were injured all the season ......I hope Adriaanse can Get AJAX BACK ON TRACK and Wouters needs to be send to jail

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey miss: me too i'm not really glad rijkaard was appointed holland's manager..how come he didn't ever managed a single club..never proved his worht anywhere..but then get to manage a country!??
he's just been handed the reins just cos of his famous playing years....well he'll have to prove me wrong...but i dont think he would be able to.. :eek:

anyway..don't u guys try to convince me ajax doesn't have any gd players right now!!

whassup with arveladze!??he's been amongst the best ..then dont' hear anything from him!
is he dead or what1?>??

machlas is with ajax!?i thought he was with vitesse !i've seen him play and he looks like a talented player...

babangida: afriend told me this player was the fastest thing on 2 feet!did he lose one or what!? :eek:

kinkladze is doing real;y well at derby!
it surprises me he couldnt' adapt to ajax...but i have the impression ajax gonna sell him though

winter...humm..just don;t like the guy
doesn't look anything special!

ok that's probably all players i know...
tell me more about the other ones...whether they be gd or not..
and also all players ajax is rumoured to buy....

hey is danny blind still playing!?is he 38 now!? :eek:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Arveladze just returned from few months suffering from an injury.

Machlas was bought this season by Ajax for $9M, but hasn't convinced yet.

Baba had some injuries, and then never made it back to the first XI, thanks to Wouters and Olsen :(

Kinkladze is good 2 or 3 matches a year, but in the other matches he's crap.

Winter isn't the most attractive player, but he's very usefull.

Other players:
Brian Laudrup (former Juve, Milan, Rangers, Chelsea player), he's ok, but there's no real place for him.
Knopper (Ajax youthsystem), he's good, but young and still has to learn.
Gronkjaer, was brought by Olsen. Probably the only player Olsen brought who really made it at Ajax.
Witschge, like Winter he returned to Ajax after an adventure in a foreign country. he played at Barcelona.
Dani, portuguese player, with great skills, but he stinks every now and then... very inconsistent. One of the few players left who also played when Van Gaal was in charge.

Danny Blind retired last season. He got some job at Ajax, but he resigned a few months ago.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
First of all,Ajax has some VERY attractive wingers,maybe the top crop in Europe right now (Gronkjaer,Babangida,Wamberto,Laudrup,Dani)

Aaron Winter,Ferdi Vierclau and Richard Witsche are EXPERIENCED.They are the right men to lead the midfield.Winter may not be a leader,but Richard Witsche is definitely one of the best dutch players at a central midfield role or at the left.

Machlas needs feeding and will score,Arveladze is injury prone but is good.

Is Ole Tobiasen injured? when fit,I rate him among the top 5 right backs in europe.

Didnt ajax had an argentinian lad named Mariano Juan,where is he?

And is ti true that Ajax has Kanu's little brother? Cristian Kanu its his name I think?

Also,are there any transfwer rumors about Ajax? has he booked any players for next season?

Is de Cler still starting at left back? what can you tell me about John O'Brien,that American guy?

(PS.What has a player like Jan Van Halst has to do with Ajax? he S U C K S!)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chistopher Kanu is the brother of Nwanko Kanu. And Ole Tobiasen has been injured all season. At the start of the seson he was on his way agian, but then got injured again in a warm-up match prior to the season. The same goes with left-back Tom Sier, he is not injured anymore, but he is still playing for the 2nd team, to regain fitness, but who knows if he'll play any first team matches for Ajax still this season. And Van Halst and Verlaat have not been pretty crap in general, I wonder what Co Adriaanse has in store for them. And due to the endless amount of injuries Ajax faced this season, quite a number of players, reserves, and 2nd team players, featured in the first XV. I wonder what Brian Laudrup is doing next season. his contract was for only 1 season, but he could stay one more season, he deserved more this season, but with a new coach it is going to be a fresh start, a new Ajax, so hopefully Laudrup will stay.
Arveladze will be the no.9 for the rest of the season. he still suffers from pain in his knee, but he has to play, because Nikos Machlas is injured. Babanginda is back from the international friendly, and should feature in the game with AZ on Sunday.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yups!i forgot brian laundrup!
so should i understand this season wasnt' a gd one for him too?!but did he have any impact on the team though!??;D

is dani a winger or striker!???

i've also seen witshge play when he was at bordeaux..he looks gd..but nothing really special..maybe he improved..

about gronkjaer ,.i heard arsenal is keen to get him for 5M if overmars is sold...

so if ajax wants to build their reputation again..are they gonna sell him!?i heard he was one of the best prospects in dutch ftball right now..

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Dani is an offensive midfielder. Left footed, so he's also used at the left wing and on the left zone of the midfield. Lately he was used as a substitute-striker.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm always confused with another dani..the one at barca..was this one too playing at ajax before!??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speaking of Ajax, they did not play attractive football but showed character and determination in the match with AZ on Sunday.
The Amsterdammers won 4-1 in the end, but it was a very tight match. Richard Witschge was sent of after recieving his 2nd yellow card. Shota Arveladze scored 2 vital goals. Gronkjaer scored quite a beautiful goal, which he curled into the goal which left the keeper no chance. Romania left-back Christian Chivu had one of his better games.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is ajax planning to do any big summer swopps ??

anybig names probable to leave?
apart from gronkjaer.?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The match Ajax played against AZ, may have given you the wrong impression. It was no way near by being on the right track again. Sure, with Arveladze being in the team again, some scoring capabilities are meant to be coming up. But let's not fool ourselves. It's still very dark at the Arena.

DollarBill - I know you would like to blame Jan Wouters. However, I have to inform you that ex-player Danny Blind was for 50% co-responsible for the buy of "players" like Machlas, Nieuwenberg, Verlaat, Van Halst, etc. Blind took the easy way out; he resigned just before the whole circus came down....What a man ! I can see you name a whole bunch of players who you would like to see in the Arena. But the real problem here is, NO ONE wants to come and play for Ajax anymore ! Thankx to the selfcentred Board of Directors and the failed "player-buy-plans" of these past years. John de Jong (FC Utrecht) is the latest one to state that out. Said 'no' to Ajax and 'yes' to PSV !

Amoroso -It's interesting to see how you value the Ajax-wingers. But the truth is, we haven't seen any of them yet. Not last year and certainly not this year. Gronkjaer and Laudrup have too much ups and downs ( which happens in a team with so less potential), Wamberto and Babangida will be sold next year (Co doesn't like either of them) and Dani...I wouldn't know exactly, but then again...I'm not objective on that one. Just keep one name in mind for next season : ANDY VAN DER MEYDE ! (current winger at FC Twente and an absolute talent when working with the right people. His number 1 coach (and 2nd father) : Co Adriaanse...)

Arveladze is back, but has still too many injuries to rely on. Machlas is out for another 5 to 6 months, and there's no need to count him in next year. Vierklau, Winter and Witschge are indeed experienced but they couldn't do what they were bought for and what was expected of them. There is no leader or team-carrier among those three.

Ajax indeed had an Argentinian player called Mariano Juan. He was bought in Louis van Gaal's last year. I cannot say too much about Mariano (he is a personal friend) but let's just say that Ajax played a very dirty game with him and that he is now playing in the Spanish league on a loan-base. (Maybe next year...new coach Co Adriaanse has always been fond of him)

Christian Kanu is Nwankwo's baby brother. Pretty good, made lots of progress in his 1st season in the 2nd team of Ajax. Was given a fair chance by Jan Wouters but is still very young. John O'Brien was on a loan-base at FC Utrecht and had a pretty good year. Last season, Ajax wanted him back but just before the start of the season, he got injured (little toe) and had to miss an important part. Tim de Cler had some good matches as well, but recently goes down with the team's crisis. It's always the young ones that suffer....

Xax - Van Halst and Verlaat will be as good as sold. Co will probably take Thomas Galasek with him from Willem II. Followed by Andy van der Meyde and Danny Landzaat.

So far, Chivu is the only one in my opinion who really has some of the so well-known Ajax power/spirit.

The Miss

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
The Miss / Dutch FCB Fan:

Glad to hear that about my fellow countryment Chivu. I want to ask you guys some specifics about Chivu... What are his streghts? His weaknesses (besides the red card addiction)??

Thank you

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
xax - the Dani that plays with Ajax now was the one that was kicked out of West Ham for appearing nude in a ladies magazine. He is your typical spice boy.
I heared that Laudrup wants to move again?
You talked about Ajax buyin veterans which took up the spots for youngsters so surely this means that the plan that they have now must be a 5 year one. The damage seems to be heavy and the youth system is the only way out.
Ajax were also linked with Jonk - that would be a typical move.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts