Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Well, the defense was not challenged at all really. marcos made 2 nice saves, but for the most part, Turkey did not challenge at all.

They came out really flat today, but I don't think Brazil played its best game today either.

It should be a similar match against Germany, with Brazil winning 1-0 imo.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the defense played really well. turkey dominated possession. i think it's the first time i have ever seen a team have so much more possession than brazil, even in the days when brazil was playing terribly. but it always seemd that when turkey got to the edge of the penalty area, a brazilian was there to clear the ball out.

kleberson and gilberto silva did really good jobs going back to help, too. and turkey never was able to get a good cross in from the sides close to the goal because our defense put so much pressure on them. i think we can be really proud of how we played today as a team. that's the most important thing: we all played really well today except edilson. (please, felipao, put edilson back on bench!!!!)

ronaldo was brilliant in the 20 minutes he played in the second half, scoring a goal for romario and setting up two other perfect goal chances! (too bad those chances weren't set up for rivaldo, who would have buried them in the back of the net.) beletti and denilson were awesome killing time and dribbling around at the end of the game. cafu made a couple of spectacular defensive plays in the last 15 minutes. we were just really good overall, mainly the defense, because turkey never quit and kept coming at us.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Edilson's Contribution

falcao said:
that's the most important thing: we all played really well today except edilson. (please, felipao, put edilson back on bench!!!!)
Y'know, it's funny, but I thought Edilson did a terrific job today, tactics-wise -- he stopped the Turkish rightback from supporting his forwards, and made Roberto Carlos' job easier; Davala was much easier to control without the rightback's assistance. Edilson's collaboration - and his humble performance of tactical duties, making him look bad as a forward as he didn't really create much - was invaluable. I compliment the man for his maturity, having accepted to play for the team rather than shine himself. :cool:

And IMO you needn't worry - Edilson has NO chance of getting into the team. The three Rs are untouchable. :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
The defense is playing good now because it has protection.

If you take Klberson out, it will start to play bad again, as the opposing midfield will be hitting them right in the head!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts