Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe its time for Benfica to sign Jesualdo Ferreira to coach Benfica for another season. The men since the took over he stabilize the defence with Armando, [a late pick from Braga]
Argel, Joao M Pinto and Caneira, he had faith on the rookie goalie Moreira. In the middle he didn't waste any time on playing Tiago, Simao had is best year. Zahovic looks like he wants to play and Jankauskas can score. Let's get the ball rolling and keep the same nucleus.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would also like to see him given another year, firstly to install some stability into our club - we cant keep churning through two coaches plus per season. Also I think hes done a great job considering the hardships hes encounter & I think the players like & admire him.

FORCA SLB!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Benfica need to settle the team down. Benifca never give their coaches enough time to get the side right. Success can always be achieved instantly.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Jesualdo deserves major kudos for last nights performance. I'm also in the opinion that he's a good coach. I think he's doen an admirable job considering that we've dropped players like flies.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I too think our game ghas tremendously increased since he's in charge and with Simao not injured we would have made the european lub competition-qualification for next year. But as it all went against us again we slowly have to begin to prepare for another Euro-season without us.

Ah yes ... and I will begin to declare Benfica champion for the next season! :stuckup: :star: ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One good thing I like about Jesualdo he never blames the losts on the injury players or suspended players. He just prepares the team game by game and the teams performs well, or in other words they give it all.

·
Registered
642 Posts
hE Allways stays positive and looks ahead. I also like what our pres said after the derby, that we where not there then or ever to spoil others partys, wheer there to have our own party; & that we cannot improve ourselves through ruining others but by concentrating on improving ourselves -u get the jist of it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Forget Jesualdo! He's a good guy and all but persue Jaime Pacheco or you's know who would be a perfect fit Augusto Inacio I'll always have the utmost respect for Inacio!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
It will be an interesting offseason but I think Jesualdo maybe safe for now. Pacheco and Inacio are option but don't be too surprised if Mourinho cam up again.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I think it's safe to say the Mourinho will be coaching at Porto next season again! SLB had their chance but passed I believe because Leiria was asking too much $cheese$ to let him go!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Not to mention you guys got the Romanian Bologni :tongue:

Excuse me, can I have some cheese and bread with my bologni :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:
I think it's safe to say the Mourinho will be coaching at Porto next season again! SLB had their chance but passed I believe because Leiria was asking too much $cheese$ to let him go!
That wasn't it, Alc. The reason Mourinho passed was because Benfica had a commitment to Jesualdo Ferreira as the assistant coach. Rather than accepting the coaching job under the term of keeping Jesualdo as his assistant, he opted out.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Inacio will never be a coach for Benfica he his a Sportinguista the same way Jaime Pacheco always will be a Portista.
Look if not Jesualdo then will be Fernando Santos with AEK he his a Benfiquista.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Inacio played for Porto too and Jaime Pacheco played for Sporting! Before the SCP/FCB game Pacheco said that he was treated well by both clubs Porto and SCP but SCP treated him the best!;)

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Frank Cunha said:
Jesualdo prove it can coach Benfica, he deserves at least a one year contract.
Jesualdo has the team hussling and playing well together despite a very limited roster. He's done an admirable job of motivating his players, something Toni couldn't do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts