Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still not sure about this, but do you think GH is the right man to lead us to former glories? He seems to have sorted the defence out and we have some good young players, but we are still short in some departments (full backs, creative midfielder).

I think he has the right attitude towards the club and buying players and i suppose only time will tell if he is the right man for the job. I just hope we can handle the quality teams we may be playing in the Champions league next year. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
YES he is ,is the answer IMHO that is .
Regarding the defence , well Patrice Bergues
is the coach and he has a reputation of getting the defence watertight as he has done with us ,so some credit must go to him for this. As for the players missing (left back , Creative midfielder etc ) well he is in no doubt that we need them but there is no point in buying for the sake of it , he must get the right player and he knows this .It will take time and he has said we are 2 years ahead of plan , therefore he has a long term plan and I think come 2001/2002 season I think we will have a major force in Europe again .Next season will be a build up to this and the future looks bright ;0 .

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I don't know why you've even brought this old chestnut up again?
Look at the facts, if we are to finish the season in 2nd place it will be a fantastic achievement in his first season in sole charge.
Furthermore, Houllier has had to deal without Fowler, Owen and Redknapp for 2/3 or more of the season, are there too many other teams that would be in 2nd place with the loss of key players like that?
Look at Leeds, take away Kewell, Bowyer and Bridges and you'd see Leeds languishing around 6-7th in the league.
Houllier is certainly the best manager we've had at Anfield since Dalglish, and even he should shoulder some of the blame for the dramatic decline at Liverpool at the start of the 90's.
He failed to have the players coming through to replace the likes of Barnes, Nicol, Houghton, Rush etc.

So as far as I am concerned, Houllier is the man for the job, he has restored the pride and passion at Anfield that has been missing for the 90's. This team can go from strength to strength.
Next season will be the acid test for us, if we can compete in the league as well as in the champions runners up and third place cup, then we will have come a long long way in a very short time. Look at Chelsea, they still can not compete in both competitions!

Razor

With hope very much back in my heart

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Yes - no doubt Houllier should be given an open cheque book this summer.

Also he made me use this signature:

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i like about GH is that he :
invests a lot in youth academies..since his arrival he's been involved in the best youth academy in europe and most expensive..

he's given the chance to several youngsters which roy evans for ex..didn't give the chance to..ex. thompson, gerard ,..

he has an open mind and when a player doesn't play well..he's prepared to admit his mistake for choosing him and get a better replacement..jean michel ferri wasn't gd..and GH didn't hesitate to sell him once a new bid came..
evans always stuck with the same bunch of players: harkness , mcateer, ince,

he's gd a worldwide reputation and knows a lot of players..like ZZ , ..and is well reputed amongst clubs..which might help him get gd players at better prices..

also he's not afraid to let anybody WHO"s THE BOSS!!!!!and ince surely now knows who.. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts