Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool have been given permission to move their crucial home game against Blackburn Rovers - but the schedule will only change if Graeme Souness's side are safe from relegation.
Boss Gerard Houllier wants the game switched from Sunday 5 May to Wednesday 8 May to ensure Liverpool play on the same night when title rivals Manchester United and Arsenal meet at Old Trafford.

The Premier League went some of the way towards agreeing to a request from Houllier by confirming the game will move if Blackburn's Premiership future is assured.

He said: "I hope the league will be sensible about this affair and handle the situation in a fair way. I remember very well the situation we were in with Ipswich last season.

"We had to play three days after a semi-final. We were told it was Ipswich's decision when to stage the game and there was nothing we could do about it.

"For the integrity of the league, this fixture should be changed. It is not only first place which is at stake but finishing second would be equally as important as we want instant qualification into the Champions League."

-------------------------------------------------

Pretty fair request.. although it is dependant on what Blackburn do..

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Now that Liverpool can't really win the EPL, second will be something we should aim for. As long as we win the last three games, beginning tonite, we are second. Changing the fixture is a good idea, actually. But we need nothing more than Man U to beat Arsenal in that game.

paw;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
paw said:
Now that Liverpool can't really win the EPL, second will be something we should aim for. As long as we win the last three games, beginning tonite, we are second. Changing the fixture is a good idea, actually. But we need nothing more than Man U to beat Arsenal in that game.

paw;)
I am adamant we still can do it!! There will be more twist...Come on Bolton!!

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here :) I still think we're in with a good chance...

My brother is an Arsenal fan.. and he's saying it's as good as won.. all I'm replying is.. "It's not over till the fat lady sings".. so.. Jan Molby.. SHUT UP :D

I think Bolton and Man U are our hopes.. as Everton usually get smacked this way or the other from Arsenal... so I'm not betting on them lending us a hand here..!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yasir said:
I think Bolton and Man U are our hopes.. as Everton usually get smacked this way or the other from Arsenal... so I'm not betting on them lending us a hand here..!!
It would surely be one the greatest days in Liverpool's history if Everton won the title for us. But remember, Man U are now ahead of us which means they have to skip up as well.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well actually, now that we are "realistically" out of the title race..

I hope Arsenal go on to win all 3 games.. after all, they deserve the title more than anyone else.. and since Liverpool won't be winning it.. I sure don't want Man U winning it!!! Arsenal have coped well with the injuries to Campbell and Adams (all through the year) and Pires.. Actually there were times when Arsenal were playing their 3rd keeper in goal and played Luzhny as left back!! just shows that these guys played with spirit to get to where they are..

·
Registered
516 Posts
If Arsenal beat Bolton i will have to switch allegience when Arsenal play Man U. Previously i was gonna (shock horror - the thought of even doing it) support Man u. But if we can't win the title i want to at least finish above Manure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts