Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best/hottest team in the world at this moment? It seems that at this time, 2 teams are flying high and appear to be above the rest. Arsenal and their flamboyant attacking French flair and the defending European Champions Milan are both flying towards not only a highly impressive domestic title but also are major contenders for the biggest crown in club football in the world, the Champions League.

Comments? Opinions? If today, there was an Arsenal-Milan game, who do you think would come on top the winner? I know this is all speculation but it's still a fun thing/game. :)

I think it would be a tremendous match, the best we could see probably in years.

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
milan and arse for sure.

due to the difference between serie a and epl, i buy milan.

despite arse and milan on two another sides, the champions league final will not played between these two.

the one in white could stop your party. :devil: :D

though the team in white is unbalanced between attack and defence, don't underrate their attack. and their defence become a bit more stable with the guy called mejia coming up and superb iker. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
If against all odds we should make it too the final, I would be happy with a 3-0 defeat, I would sign immmediately for a 2-0 defeat. I can't see how a team with minor lineup like:

------------------------------Dida

Cafù---------------Nesta-----------------Maldini------------Pancaro

---------------------------------Pirlo

-------Gattuso---------------------------------Seedorff

---------------------------------Kaka

-----------------------Sheva--------------Inzaghi

Could possibly even cause some trouble too the Mighty Reds. But as they say in Italy: IL PALLONE E' ROTONDO (The ball is round). Should this be the final, we'll try our best;)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Payman!? What's up? How can you, of all people, possibly be comparing the great Milan to Arse?! Arse are being hyped way out of proportion, it's gonna turn against them sooner or later. And only two smilies in your post!?! what's going on!?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
On current form, Milan would stomp Madrid's guts out. Madrid haven't been impressive at any stage of the season, while Milan get more and more impressive as the weeks go by. I believe they would edge out Arsenal as well, due to ignoring Arsenal fan's hype regarding their team. Milan have actually accomplished things to deserve their hype. Maybe at the end of this season, Arsenal will deserve the praise they get.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
On current form, Milan would stomp Madrid's guts out. Madrid haven't been impressive at any stage of the season, while Milan get more and more impressive as the weeks go by. I believe they would edge out Arsenal as well, due to ignoring Arsenal fan's hype regarding their team. Milan have actually accomplished things to deserve their hype. Maybe at the end of this season, Arsenal will deserve the praise they get.
Nice post...:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
eh??? stomp madrids guts out??? why??? milan have been good in serie a but in champions league they only score 4 goals before the game in san siro last week, and they where 25 minutes away from going out of the champions league. i wouldnt say that is called flying!!!!!!!!!! in serie a yes they are flying....but in champions league no team has convinced me, but i say madrid are favourites to win.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
guarrotxena said:
eh??? stomp madrids guts out??? why??? milan have been good in serie a but in champions league they only score 4 goals before the game in san siro last week, and they where 25 minutes away from going out of the champions league. i wouldnt say that is called flying!!!!!!!!!! in serie a yes they are flying....but in champions league no team has convinced me, but i say madrid are favourites to win.
All guns blazing on your first post...:D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Typical european arrogance, Thank god Brazil has 5 world cup, if not Europeans would ban latin american countries and players from meaningful competitions.

Milan is the best in Europe.

However, they couldnt beat Boca, so as great as Milan look now, I still think Boca is the best team in the World, it´s not like Milan didnt want to beat them, they just couldnt.

Dont take me wrong, Milan is right now superior to all teams in europe, but In the world? They missed their chance to prove that.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
milan and arsenal. i rate milan higher simply because i think they have the better overall. but arsenal is playing quite nice.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
jack goff said:
Typical european arrogance, Thank god Brazil has 5 world cup, if not Europeans would ban latin american countries and players from meaningful competitions.

Milan is the best in Europe.

However, they couldnt beat Boca, so as great as Milan look now, I still think Boca is the best team in the World, it´s not like Milan didnt want to beat them, they just couldnt.

Dont take me wrong, Milan is right now superior to all teams in europe, but In the world? They missed their chance to prove that.
Yeah, that infamous loss on penalties.

I remember.

:rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
If against all odds we should make it too the final, I would be happy with a 3-0 defeat, I would sign immmediately for a 2-0 defeat. I can't see how a team with minor lineup like:

------------------------------Dida

Cafù---------------Nesta-----------------Maldini------------Pancaro

---------------------------------Pirlo

-------Gattuso---------------------------------Seedorff

---------------------------------Kaka

-----------------------Sheva--------------Inzaghi

Could possibly even cause some trouble too the Mighty Reds. But as they say in Italy: IL PALLONE E' ROTONDO (The ball is round). Should this be the final, we'll try our best;)
on paper that team doesn't look too bad really,but as you sat the Mighty Arsenal are a few levels higher. :eek:

as you say though anything can happen,maybe all our players will have temporary blindness on the night of the game and Milan can get lucky. ;)

i'd still fancy us though,with Pat Rice shouting to the players where and when to move i'm sure we'd manage. :D

everyone knows Pat Rice is the tactical master in football today,even if he does look a bit like Elton John. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
on paper that team doesn't look too bad really,but as you sat the Mighty Arsenal are a few levels higher. :eek:

as you say though anything can happen,maybe all our players will have temporary blindness on the night of the game and Milan can get lucky. ;)

JL, in the very remote possibility, we play Vs Chelsea, what are our chances ;)

P.S. How long should temporary blindness last to stand a chance?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

i'd still fancy us though,with Pat Rice shouting to the players where and when to move i'm sure we'd manage. :D

everyone knows Pat Rice is the tactical master in football today,even if he does look a bit like Elton John. ;)

I agree totally!!! Arsenal is definitely the hottest team right now!! ;)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts