Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This a story from a reliable Spurs-site.

Tottenham will plunge into the transfer market again before the end of the week as manager George Graham beefs up his Premiership squad.

Talks are believed to be at a progressed stage with Wimbledon left-back Ben Thatcher, who could cost around £4m.

Spurs are also interested in Chris Sutton, who looks to be heading out of the Stamford Bridge exit after the arrival of £15m striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

And there is speculation on merseyside that Titi Camera could be going to White Hart Lane to play on the left-side of midfield in an attacking role.

He would give Graham an alternative to the popular David Ginola, who the manager wants to use sparingly to preserve his ageing legs.

Tottenham have also been linked with Camera's Liverpool team-mate Jamie Redknapp, West Ham midfielder Frank Lampard and are reported to be ready to up the £4m they offered Ipswich for rising star Matt Holland - even though he only recently signed a new deal to kept him at Portman Road.

Throw Wimbledon forward John Hartson and Aston Villa central defender and Spurs fan Ugo Ehiogu into the mix and there is plenty for Tottenham fans to be excited about before Euro 2000 begins.

The arrival of Sergei Rebrov from Dynamo Kiev and goalkeeper Neil Sullivan from Wimbledon have set expectations racing.

Tottenham have suddenly become the club everyone is looking at to make spectacular summer signings - a vast change from last season when they were relatively quiet.

Thatcher would be an attractive addition as Mauricio Taricco does not have much experienced cover at left-back.

And a midfielder would also be a welcome addition, although Willem Korsten is a good tip to open a few eyes by flourishing next season after being plagued by ankle problems following his move from Arnhem.

Titi Camara would be really exciting!

Wut do you think about the storie? Silly Season Rubbish or soon to be reality?

Cheers.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
hey Mikael, heard you need some life in here.

well, i aint much of a tot fan, but my friend is , and he and I had been waiting and waiting for TOT to come back instead of struggling in the midtable (if lucky).

Looks like there are a lot of hopes next season, with Campell staying and Rebrov. f course they are not enough, but the summar is far from over.

I think that TOT will at least sign 2 of the players in your post, i doubt i would be redkneep or lampard or camara beacause Liverpool is going uphill, and Harry redkneep wouldnt let lampard go, but if these signings get through...i would rout for TOT all the way!!

Hey mik, how about Karembeu?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for visiting prez.

Lampard is set for another season with the Hammers, and even if he would leave I doubt they'll ever sell him to us since they refused a big bid from us in early 99 with a very arrogant attitude.

Camara seems set to leave but I doubt Graham¨
has any will to sign him.

Karembeu is nothing for us. He is pretty good but I don't think he would fit in.

Cheers.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
So, what are you suggesting mik?

doesnt seem anyone is willing to leave or join, or are there anyone that has a chance to be signed?

How about players from athletic M, relagated, broke. I am not suggesting left overs you know Mikael, but i hope you understand, i am writing these suggestions for the good of TOT, maybe a player from clubs that are going through troubles can benefit TOT, you know?

S

·
0 Posts
I think SOMEONE should go for atletico's gamarra.....also, i think chelsea might be willing yo give up some of their players since they're rebuilding and everything.....i think ferrer or petrescu are gonna be sold.....sutton is a bust....ohhh, valencia have lost their core so they are thinking about rebuilding too....by the way, i think the key to tottemham's success is gonna be a central midfielder.....since the wings are covered, defence, and strikers (rebrov)......Number one for them should be an arsenal player.....i think with ALL their midfielders (6 or 7) they're willing to give two up.....none of them are bad, they're just caught in a crowd and don't wanna be on the bench......anyways, goodluck, but i think liverpool goes tops next season,......

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
gamarra is not a player for epl,he's a player for SERIE A,SPAIN,OR PORTUGAL!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Jon Jonssen from Hassleholm to Tottenham for 250.000 pounds, anyone know anything about this?

D

·
0 Posts
Tottenha, inquired about the availability of Leicester midfielder Muzzy Izzet. Izzet, who is in the Turkey squad for Euro 2000 would cost the London club 3 million pounds.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
hey driver x,ask someone on the scandinavian forum about that?
the team you mentioned are playing in swedish div2
so i guess this player is pretty young,if he has imediatly joined spurs.

D

·
0 Posts
What's the deal with Allan Nielsen moving to Kaiserslautern?
I heard that the fee was £1m, but I think that's quite a low offer, although Nielsen had sucked pretty much for Tottenham last season.

L

·
0 Posts
It's all gone dreadfully quiet since Rebrov and Sulllivan inspite of Pleat/Graham saying that more would arrive. Perhaps post Euro 2000 will see some Belgians or Slovenian? or who knows what arrive.
The player they need is someone like Totti but that will never happen.
With DG going I would keep Neilsen as the season before last he actually scored goals unlike Freund- cows arse and banjo applies here -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts