Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On todays practice Olof Mellberg and Fredrik Ljungberg had a small small or whatever you can call it.
It all started when Mellberg gave Ljungberg a tackle from behind. Ljungberg reacted on that and they started to push each other around. Daniel Andersson and Larsson quickly got between and stopped the fight.
Afterwords both say that they've talked about it and that their is no hostility between them, just a small incident that happens.

Question is...are they speaking the truth, or covering something up?
Lets hope this is nothing serious, coz the last thing the team needs is fights between players, specially not two so important as Mellberg and Ljungberg :scared:

Here is a link to some pics taken of the incident:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0205/23/a.html

G

·
yes, i saw the pics on the tv info, better they have to keep their agressivity for the wc, cause frankly that will be enough hard to go through.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LILI!!! Great to see ya at our forum :cool:

Yeah, I agree, Ljungberg said that these things happen just coz the players are so fired up for what's coming, but as you said, they better same some gas for the matches, coz they're tuff enuff :fero:

G

·
cracker!!!!!!!:)
well, it's cause i had nothing interesting to say here, at supposed i say sometimes interesting things:)
i love your custum title, i don't know guy who have such self humor like you:)
by the way, what's happening with ljunberg? is that just cause the tackle?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Self humour? Hmm, guess coz of my "high" self confidence :D:rolleyes:

I dunno, Ljungberg is a bit different than other Swedish players. He has a hot temperament, which is very unusual among swedes in common and different in style and such. But this is prolly coz he's hot, the passed weeks in Arsenal proves that pretty clearly :cool:
Lets hope he wont chill out totally for the WC itself :hopefull:

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Cracker said:
Zuper Zlatan zaid:"What Becks can do with a freekick I can do with a freakin' fruitsallad!"
:wth: I guess you made this up?? :wth:

That Mellberg seemed pretty angry if you ask me... He's the one who starts pushing (at least in the order of the pictures)

When I read there was a fight at a training of the Swedish NT I instantly thought of Zlatan, he has a history on this...

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
could one of you Swedish guys can give me a quik summary of this article?

Zlatan versus Allbäck
Medan lagkamraterna droppade av en efter en satt han tålmodigt kvar och svarade på frågor från tidningar och tv. Till **** var det bara han och Marcus Allbäck kvar. Inte nödvändigtvis en tillfällighet.
Efter förra veckans landskamp mot Paraguay, 1-2, har det för första gången blivit allvar i debatten om Zlatan versus Allbäck.
Vem bör starta bredvid Henrik Larsson i anfallet?
- Jag kan säga att jag fortfarande känner mig som inhoppare, säger Zlatan.
Allbäck säger att han känner ditt flås i nacken?
- Han ska inte vara orolig. Han klarar sig...
Du säger att det är en bra erfarenhet att vara med i ett VM-slutspel. Vad exakt är det du lär dig?
- Man kommer hem och känner självförtroende över att ha varit med. Nästa gång jag kommer med vet jag vad som väntar.
Det är mycket Zlatan nu.
Räkna med mer framöver...

thanx in advance :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, briefly it goes something like this:

They asked who should play along with Larsson?
Zlatan replied that he still feels like being outside the starting eleven.
Zlatan also said that he's in this WC mainly to learn for the future of such big events.
With other words, he's trying to keep the expectations down.
But IMO, if he'll play, as well as he has the passed two NT games, on Saturday against Japan, he might just get into that starting eleven :excited:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P. Kluivert said:

:wth: I guess you made this up?? :wth:

Made it up? No, I just translated it :D
The newspaper, aftonbladet, where you saw the pics, they made up series of similar quotes to that one with Carew and an orange. The one about Becks was just an example ;)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
aha, I already thought it would be a bit weird if Zlatan said that :D

It would be great if Zlatan will get into the first eleven :excited: I hope the Dutch television shows the Swedish matches...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mellberg is just jealous of Ljungbergs great succes with ARSENAL and Ljungberg would win a fight(not). It was a disgraceful tackle from Mellberg anyway-----whats was he at.?.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Hahahah *falls down can't stop laughing*

Kiitos Ruotsi for providing me with tonight's laughs! I think it won't affect the team that much & for your sake we must hope so. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well this is what you get having two clowns with absolutely no leadership leading the Swedish national team.
I bet they think: "This is primary school and the "kids" are just having an argument. Lets shake hands and everything is going to be alright. We are from Sweden we are always united as a team, we are not like those "Latin" countries were they argue all the time." Lets face it, Freddie is the king, at least that is what he thinks. He got pissed because this fool, Mellberg could have injured him. That was what made him "snap".
Lets face it they are very tense...
:nervous:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I think Ljungberg made a big fool out of him self. He walks around and thinks he´s the best player who has ever put his foot down on a football pitch. No wonder the other players react. And Ljunberg´s reaction against this tackle just showed how unmature he really is.

But hey, anyone remembers the Dahlin-Brolin fight from ´94? Hopefully this will give the same result.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jimmy said:
Yeah, let´s make a laughing stock of ourselves right before the WC! :rolleyes:

Morons!!!!
Atleast we'll be remembered for something :dielaugh:

Brownie...could I ask you something...
Is there SOMETHING that you don't blame Lars-Tommy for? I mean soon it'll be their fault when players get injured (in real matches) :wth:

I can't say who was the biggest fool of Ljungberg and Mellis. Ljungberg might need to come down to earth a bit after all his success with the Gunners. I can understand Mellberg wanted do show Ljungberg he's playing in a team and stuff.
But that's something you should talk about.
I understand Ljungbergs reaction, it was a stupid tackle, specially when Ljungberg has some small injuries and pains.

Lets see what today brings :devil:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I have seen the pictures though. What I can not understand is the leaders´ reaction. Here we have two coaches and one captain. NONE of them were the one that broke them up. Patrick Andersson just stood there along with Tommy Söderberg and just watched. Isn´t it their duty to seperate them? Isn´t it them that are the leaders and should make sure that nothing like this happens?

It´s a disgrace everything!

Mellberg´s tackle was extremely stupid, but I do wonder if Ljungberg had reacted the same way if it would have been Vieira or someone when he´s in Arsenal. I doubt it.

They have all made asses of themselves!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts