Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the movie today. What to say? I love all that Tarantino stuff, and Eli Roth is his "disciple", so he's welcome.

Do you know? It's not so terrific as I thought. It has a lot of gore and blood, but it's not the Apocallypse they announced. I hope in a pair of films Roth will be capable of painting it; or Tarantino, I don't mind.

For me it's a 9/10 film. What do you think?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
dissapointing 5/10 for me. the plot let it down badly, specially how there was no twists at the end and everything just fell into shape for the guy who had escaped, and he somehow managed to kill the bad guy without getting any blood on himself so he could escape afterwards.
Slovakians are not very happy with the image on the country this film has given, and I can understand their point as well.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Solvakia looks like one hell of a place to go. Hostels with beautiful women, clubs with beautiful women.
Just stay away from the lunatics and the kids.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
everyone I know who's seen it has said it's shyte...

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
This is not a Tarantino movie ya know

As for Eli Roth...i don't rate him at all

That said.......this movie no doubt delivers what one can expect.

Obviously if yr goin to see this movie u can't go expecting serious proper acting or anything of the sort.

What was funny was the absolute audacity of Roth and Tarantino to put certain SH!TE on screen. THAT was funny to think about those two idiots sitting down on the set and watching this crap filmed and then in the editing room saying

"Nah.....lets just leave that in shall we"

Honestly it was supposed to be scary and to make you cringe but it was one of the funniest movies i have seen since "the incredibles".

It was hilarious if you see it for what it is

"Just another over hyped pack of crap"

But this movie was hilarious for the last half hour or so i laughed till i cried.

I wudn't call this movie scary at all

Its just stupidly audacious

SPOILER

The eye scene was hilarious......i mean why the F*** wud he cut off her eye........i mean seriously....

'What is it u want me to do?' huh? huh? SNIP!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just friggin stupid man......so stupid i laughed like child until i cried man....DUmb......i mean dumb

I kept askin myself......."WTF Roth and Tarantino were really tellin themselves when they sent this out"

If they intended to scare someone.....they failed miserably.......if they wanted to bring out Springs best comedy they were spot on

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
na

Tarantino probably got invited onto the set for a couple hundred thousand so they could stick his name onto it

He probably only helped make a few of the scenes totally stupid. He almost surely helped pick the chicks from the beginning of the movie

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Many wonder what the "Quentin Tarantino Presents" headline stapled to Hostel denotes. First of all, it doesn't mean Hostel is Tarantino's creation. As Roth explains, Tarantino is a large advocate of the budding filmmaker. He occasionally has "movie nights" in which a gaggle of blossoming directors are invited to Tarantino's pad to check out some films. There, Tarantino riles up the directors and gets them psyched for their upcoming projects. After seeing Roth's first feature, Cabin Fever, Tarantino invited Roth to one such shindig and offered to help out with Hostel. Roth pumped out a first draft script, Tarantino helped with the edits, and agreed to offer the "Quentin Tarantino Presents" headline. From there, Roth took the reigns during the shooting process, and Tarantino returned to help out with post-production and MPAA rating strategies. Technically, Tarantino played Producer of Hostel, but in more ways than one, he was the film's mentor.

I guess that answers the question. :)

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I think Tarantino is one sick fella who is only appreciated, so to speak, by people who are just as sick as he is or people who want to be different and not realizing they are being idiots. Anybody who feels the need to watch people torture people, eyes getting cut, seriously... what the hell is wrong with you? I saw Kill Bill 1, I just thought... I want Tarantino to go watch this movie with someone who really has to live with no arm. Tell me again how you like that... Quentin :doh:. Disgusting to say the least. :thmbdown:

Like TAZZ said:

Quentin: I have this great idea about this guy who loves to cut people!
I am such an artist ain't I? :finger: :finger: :finger: :rolleyes: :thmbdown:

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Kaiser Ballack said:
I think Tarantino is one sick fella who is only appreciated, so to speak, by people who are just as sick as he is or people who want to be different and not realizing they are being idiots. Anybody who feels the need to watch people torture people, eyes getting cut, seriously... what the hell is wrong with you? I saw Kill Bill 1, I just thought... I want Tarantino to go watch this movie with someone who really has to live with no arm. Tell me again how you like that... Quentin :doh:. Disgusting to say the least. :thmbdown:

Like TAZZ said:

Quentin: I have this great idea about this guy who loves to cut people!
I am such an artist ain't I? :finger: :finger: :finger: :rolleyes: :thmbdown:
:thmbup:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Kaiser Ballack said:
I think Tarantino is one sick fella who is only appreciated, so to speak, by people who are just as sick as he is or people who want to be different and not realizing they are being idiots. Anybody who feels the need to watch people torture people, eyes getting cut, seriously... what the hell is wrong with you?
Except that Tarantino's movies are mostly not about that. He makes cool movies and shows an appreciation even for the trashiest bits of American (which nowadays is largely global) culture - elements of splatter films are exactly that. I like this. His movies are fast, the dialogues are usually very good and he always, always chooses great actors for the right roles - the particularly underrated Mr Madsen being a great example and always takes great performances off them.

I saw Kill Bill 1, I just thought... I want Tarantino to go watch this movie with someone who really has to live with no arm. Tell me again how you like that... Quentin :doh:. Disgusting to say the least. :thmbdown:
Or you could watch Apocalypse Now with someone who has fought in Vietnam. Or you could watch Philadelphia with someone who has AIDS. Or you could watch Titanic with someone who lost a lover in the sea. Or you could watch Bambi with someone who's lost his mother. Or you could watch Star Wars with someone who didn't have a great relationship with his father.

There is always someone who has a negative experience that can connect with a movie. Not much of a logic that, is it?

At the end of the day, you can always choose to not go and watch it. Critisize it if you want to (like I did with Hostel)- after all, not everything Tarantino does is great, but to generalise and call people who like his movies sick or idiots is just... dumb.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Except that Tarantino's movies are mostly not about that. He makes cool movies and shows an appreciation even for the trashiest bits of American (which nowadays is largely global) culture - elements of splatter films are exactly that. I like this. His movies are fast, the dialogues are usually very good and he always, always chooses great actors for the right roles - the particularly underrated Mr Madsen being a great example and always takes great performances off them.
They are not? Name one Tarantino movie that is not gory. If for you Tarantino is cool because he makes movies where someone enjoys torturing people, or because of the sick and decadent quality makes a low skilled actor become good, you missed out on the real good movies mate.

Or you could watch Apocalypse Now with someone who has fought in Vietnam. Or you could watch Philadelphia with someone who has AIDS. Or you could watch Titanic with someone who lost a lover in the sea. Or you could watch Bambi with someone who's lost his mother. Or you could watch Star Wars with someone who didn't have a great relationship with his father.
Maybe it’s my fault, but you misunderstood completely. I am not against all violence in movies. Violence is part of life whether we like or not, but there are different types of violence. I do not mind the blood and fights in an historical movie, or a war movie. I mind the fact that people get their limbs cut off so some sick minded fella gets an orgasm.

There is always someone who has a negative experience that can connect with a movie. Not much of a logic that, is it?
I don’t think this makes much sense. I do not connect myself to anything Tarantino nor Bambi or Star Wars. In fact, I doubt anybody dislikes Bambi because of your “reasoning”.

At the end of the day, you can always choose to not go and watch it. Critisize it if you want to (like I did with Hostel)- after all, not everything Tarantino does is great, but to generalise and call people who like his movies sick or idiots is just... dumb.
I am not generalizing as much as you are mate. :)
I only watched Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill V.1 and other Tarantino movies (many just half) because of culture. You know, I like to know what I am discussing before judging or calling people dumb. We just see things differently I guess.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts