Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOSSAM AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION
Posted on: Fri 11 Jan 2008

Hossam Ghaly is in line to make his Derby debut against Wigan Athletic at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday.

But the Rams are still awaiting confirmation of international clearance for Laurent Robert, who signed a short-term deal earlier this week, while there is currently no news on the progress of talks with Rangers keeper Roy Carroll.

The formalities of Egypt midfielder Ghaly's loan move from Tottenham until the end of the current season were completed on Friday morning ahead of the 12 noon Premier League registration deadline for the big game against manager Paul Jewell's former club. Ghaly - who will wear shirt number 40 - received work permit approval on Thursday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got this one through. Wonder if he will play tomorrow. I'm hure's he's still going to the ANC as well, so it will be one game and then he buggers off for a month :howler:

Though to be fair, it will probably be better for us, for him to go and get some games under his belt with Egypt....if he plays of course.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deathclaw said:
you should buy him.
I'd take him, don't think he will want to play in the Championship though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hossam Ghaly in todays paper...

“It is a relief to be back playing first-team football,” he said.
“I feel comfy, I feel confident and I feel at home here. If I get the chance to stay longer, I would love to. I like the people who I am dealing with.”

He must realise we're going down, so would he stay with us in the Championship, I never thought he would, maybe another loan next season. Maybe those month out in the wilderness have made him appreciate being wanted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, as an Egyptian I have to ask, what do think of Ghaly after his performances so far in the season?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's too good to be playing for Derby :( He makes the rest of our squad look like a bunch of retards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts