Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will happen now that the January transfer window is upon us? Will La Roma implode again? Or will we actually improve? I have no idea what to expect, which is one of the reasons I'm opening this thread.
The last time the transfer window cracked open, a gust of air sucked out our coach and several key players, causing lasting damage to our mentality and preparation and changing our fortunes forever. It's no secret that we are loaded with debt, or at the least have little or no money for quality purchases.
Our management does not like to share its situation with us so I'm fairly lost on our true financial situation and our plans for the future. What do you think? Will Totti and/or Cassano depart in a few weeks right under our nose like Capello did? Will any sort of eruption occur? We've heard the rumors about D'Ago & possibly Mido leaving and Taddei and/or a Brazilian winger coming. What will result from this coming short trade season and do you think La Roma could benefit and become a better club from it? Make your predictions....

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I think we'll come out just about the same. Can't see it any other way. Cassano and Totti will stay at least this season out, that is guaranteed. Perhaps someone like Taddei will come in, but I don't see it making us stronger. Can't expect someone who's only trained football properly for about two weeks out of +6 months to be our saviour, it'd be unfair to him.
Perhaps one of our strikers will go out on loan somewhere, but no more.

So a generally quiet transfer window for our part I would expect.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i dont see us making any huge moves in the market, but i can see brazilian winger adriano and the likes of mido and d'ago leaving

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Honestly, i don't see anything major happening either. I wouldn't rule out Davids coming on loan though;)

·
Registered
894 Posts
If nothing happens i wouldn't be not pleased (if that makes sense). One or maybe 2 signs would be useful now obviously but in the long run who knows.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I do not see any major players leaving.I do see the likes of D'Ago being exchanged,Mido being loaned out and Del Vecchio and Candela,Baldini will try desperately to offload but to no avail.(they are on so high wages that only Inter,Juve and Milan can afford them,yet have no need of them)
On the way in,I do think we will sign a young Italian attacker.Not too sure who.It may depend on which players they want from us in exchange.For sure,Adriano from Cortiba or Taddei will arrive.Its at this stage that Baldini proves his worth to us.Never mind we have no cash,you can still negotiate a deal with the smaller clubs like Siena.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i see taddei or the young adriano coming

possibly even evra coming as there was earlier speculation on this...i don't see mido leaving but d'ago might be loaned to siena as part of the taddei deal

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
De Rossi fears Roma sales Thursday 16 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniele De Rossi has concerns that some of his more illustrious Roma teammates could leave the club.

"I do fear that some major players may depart but that is always the case," he told a capital radio station.

"However, I have the sensation that Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano will stay here for some time to come.

"I’m worried that players like goalkeeper Ivan Pelizzoli and Vincenzo Montella may decide to go elsewhere."

It’s been a tough start to the season for Roma but the midfielder is confident about the future.

"We’re approaching the end of the tunnel and the win at Brescia proved that we now have a little bit of luck on our side," he added.

"The Christmas break will do us well and I’m very optimistic that we can end the season by qualifying for the Champions’ League."

The young Italian international was also asked to comment on his own recent performances that have disappointed some.

"My form has taken a visible dip and I can’t deny that fact," admitted the 21-year-old starlet.

"I’m not in great shape right now but there are thousands of players who are looking to use the festive period to recover."

channel4

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
>>>Del Neri conferma il 3-4-3 ed è meno urgente l'arrivo di un esterno: Adriano e Bonanni le alternative a Taddei. Delvecchio e D'Agostino probabili partenti >>>

Well, there you have our January transfer plans summed up nicely in one Gazzetta headline today.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
At least I hope something will happen. I usually get very happy over any arrival, and a few signings could definitely lighten up January. I expect a left winger to come. Apart from that, I don't think we have the capacity to acquire anything else. The question is if we need anything else. The January window isn't exactly the time for huge transfers, so there won't be any Gilardino-transfer ;)

A left winger is my honest expectation. We need that.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Bonnani from Vicenza? Is he still owned by us? He was from our youth system and is a quality playr in B. Not bad at all. If we get Bonnani and Adriano I would be happy even if D'Ago was to leave. His potential may not be fulfilled at Roma!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
He is Vicenza's number 10, a midfielder who is 22 years of age.

His record this season in serie B is 6 goals in 17 games and last year 3 in 26.

The one thing is I have never seen him in my life so dont really knwo what he i slike but his record in B this year is impressive and surely a good young player. He is also from Roma, whether he was at Roma when younger I am not sure, I just think I have heard his name before.

http://www.gazzetta.it/gazzetta/scalcio/ricerca_index.jhtml?PageToLoad=SchedaGiocatore&idAnagrafica=54790

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The two clubs co-own Bonnani. :googly:
Re: Adriano: Roma likes him and they are saying if they get him, they might do just like what they did with Mancini, let him finish the year on loan in Serie B and they bring him in next year. Gazzetta says he's only 20 and he'll replace Roberto Carlos on Brasilian nat'l team. :star:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i dont know if we will bring in anyone...maybe a winger but im not sure...i dunno if we really need to spend now and waste money if there could be a better player available if we just wait till the summer...i think our young players will have a good 2nd half of the season.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
i dont know if we will bring in anyone...maybe a winger but im not sure...i dunno if we really need to spend now and waste money if there could be a better player available if we just wait till the summer...i think our young players will have a good 2nd half of the season.
I agree on this. Unless this Adriano cat comes for free and is as good as they say, this team will not get very much stronger by any of the players available in January.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts