Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honduras has prooved it is the best team in C.A., and can even beat maybe half of the other America. They will surely go to W.C. 2002.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, I agree, they pounded El Salvador 5-2 (could've been more) in their own house. I also think that they'll go to the WC 2002

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think your counting your chickens before they hatch. If Honduras make in to the final qualifying round, They will face Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, T & T, and the Reggae Boyz, Those are a lot tougher teams than the local rivals and a lot different teams than what you faced in Olympic Qualifying.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
So after this section it is simply one big league that has to be played?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Honduras have the most funny player ever.His name is Tyson Nunez and his incredibly short.You blow him and he flies! fortunately PAOK managed to sell this monkey at Sunderland.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Let me tell you that I 'm From Costa Rica and in my opinion the best team in the area is ,and will be for at least two years more, Mexico(and I'm not very happy about it!) after them is USA, they have an exellent team, and them maybe Honduras.
But this teams will have to face teams that are becoming VERY strong teams like Canada, Jamaica and Panama(they almost defeat Mexico!).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You all have good points. We will see what happens in the qualifying games.
I think Honduras will prosper because has has beaten all of thos teams in sub-23 games, and all the good teams like Mexico, U.S.A., and Canada. But then again that was in the minor teams.
As for Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica, etc., we have beaten them all in friendly and official games recently.

So we´ll see what happens.

And for Amoroso: Tyson may be funny physically, but there's nothing funny about his skills. He isn´t in the premier league by luck. If you've seen him play, you know what I mean. (except for that game against El Salvador; I don´t know what happened to him, but I guess every player has his bad days.)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I've seen Nunez playing for a whole year.PAOK,my favorite team in Greece brought him to Europe and he sucked.He is extremelly fast,great skills but his is just to tiny and weak to make it at a serius team.However,I know he plays great with Honduras but he has no chance at succeeding in Europe.None.

I will never forget however when he jumped to the sky and grabbed a header from one of the tallets defenders.Really impressive.He is a great fighter but his body just doesnt help him.We are talking about a player that when he kicks the ball falls behind!

I still consider one of the biggest succeses of our manager that we actually managed to sell this clown with a profit (even tiny).We bought him for 500.000£ and we sold him for 750.000£.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
but they lose from Jamaica 3:1.
who knows who is first and second on that qualification list?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts