Xtratime Community banner

Holy Sh!t....you"s Ain"t Gonna Believe This......

1K views 63 replies 9 participants last post by  ALCATRAZ 
#1 ·
BUT.....................The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL!

-There's one thing I wanna ask any Pittsburgh fans out there........Who has the best defense? The Steelers were 10 point favorites and the Patriots went to Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Stadium and man handled the Steelers! They gained 57 yds rushing and if you take away that Stewart scrabble were he luckily got away it was 20 something yards!

-We never trailed in this game and the Bus was none existent! That game proved to me that Belichick is a defensive genius!!!

-and after what I seen Philly do to the Rams yesterday, winning Super Bowl XXXVI can be done!!!!

#2 ·
Here's a fun fact! Everytime the Patriots have been to the Super Bowl it has been in New Orleans!!!

1985 - Pats/Bears....Bears won.

1996 - Pats/Packers....Packers won

and now Pats/Rams.......?????! 3rd times a charm and if the Pats win the city of Boston will explode!!!!!

#4 ·
I hope so too!

-I should of put this in the American Football forum but I was so pumped I just threw it on here!!!!Sorry!

-So Please if you's would like to move it to it's rightful place please do so!!!!!

Regardless of where the thread is We all know the Pats rule!!!!!

#5 ·
There's no reason to move this thread! I think it appropriate that you share your jubilation with your friends here on the Portuguese forums.

Congratulations! Win or lose, the Pats are a story that will go down in NFL history. Truly amazing!:)

#7 ·
Jambalaya Baby!

Last-place last year to AFC Champs this year...Incredible!

Sorry P - I thought McNabb was going to march down at the end there and put the Iggs ahead. A great season for Philly nonetheless. I'm sure Fox execs were crapping themselves at the prospect of a Philly-Pats Super Bowl :eek:

Alc - what can we say, bud - Wow.

What blew my mind was that the spread had gone up to 10 points before the game. The line for the Steelers-Lions game was 9 just a month or so ago!!! The AFC East champ is a bigger dog than the worst team in football?! Puhleeze! I understand that spreads are set on public (read: bettors) perception, and that the line goes up as more and more people bet on Pittsburgh, but 10 points is just ridiculous.

I guess that's why the SB line opened at 14 1/2! :eek: Man - take the Pats and the sweet points!

A couple of other points/observations:

- Despite Bledsoe's TD drive yesterday after Brady went down, I think yesterday was the only proof you'll ever need that Brady is the QB to keep. After that first drive, Bledsoe quickly returned to his old ways in the 2nd half. That hand-grenade pass as he was going down was unforgivable, and if Gildon didn't have cinderblocks for hands, Bledsoe would have given the game to the Steelers in the 4th quarter when he threw the ball into Gildon's chest on the Pats' 20. On top of it all, he was crying in the fetal position on the ground after the game. Bruschi was seen by the cameras trying to pick him up after the game saying, "Come on Drew - get up man, don't do this!". Welled up eyes are one thing, having an emotional collapse like we saw at the end there is NOT what you want in your starting QB. He's been a great soldier for years and I know it's been an emotional year for him, but this is football.

- Speaking of crying QBs - Stewart must go, too. 252 yards passing, 0 TDs, 3 ints and 2 fumbles (one lost) in the biggest game of his life. The New & Improved Kordell? No thanks...

- Troy Brown is from another planet.

- This game was lost by the Steelers last Monday, when Bill Cowher gave the players the day off to arrange flights/hotels for their families for New Orleans; meanwhile, the Pats were preparing a game plan to stop the league's #1 rushing offense. Like Alc said - they had 58 total yards rushing - 42 of which came from Stewart. The Bus? 8 yards on 9 carries. 'Nuff said.

The Rams can be had...

Go Pats!

#8 ·
-Well said, Razor, especially about Bledsoe! He did look good during the that drive but resorted to his old ways! How about that behind the head toss that was a penalty for intention grounding what a dumb play!!!

-I hope that Brady is ready to go for the SB! This is Brady's team he brought us here and he was looking great before he went down so he has to start the Super Bowl and I think he will!!!

-I think Bledsoe is a class act and I appreciate what he did for us and for not being a distraction but Brady does what he has to do to win, he proved it last week when he ran in that 6 yd TD against the Raiders!

...and the defense was awesome in a game when we were supposed to be dominated we were doing the dominating!!!!!!!

#9 ·
Right on the mark there Razor/Alc! I'm putting a couple hundred on the Pats - no way I'm giving up the opportunity win some cash when Vegas is in such a charitable mood.

Go Pats!

Re Iggs!

After the half, I was sure the Iggs were headed for the SB. Friggin key third qtr drops by Chad Lewis ended up costing us the game.

#10 ·
Pila said:
Right on the mark there Razor/Alc! I'm putting a couple hundred on the Pats - no way I'm giving up the opportunity win some cash when Vegas is in such a charitable mood.

Go Pats!

Re Iggs!

After the half, I was sure the Iggs were headed for the SB. Friggin key third qtr drops by Chad Lewis ended up costing us the game.
What??? You're putting money on the PATS????

I guess I'll just have to bet on the Rams then...as much as I didn't want to.

If Pila is betting on the PATS....I hate to tell the Pats fans here...but you're team is going down to the Rams hard. :D

#11 ·
You think the Rams the greatest show on earth is going to lose to the Pats?

LOL:D :tongue:

Where is the superbowl?(N.O);)

Dome?;)

who cant lose........

St.Louis

simply the greatest show on earth(NFL champs)

Warner
Falk
Hakim
Bruce
Holt
etc..

New England got lucky the Raiders beat them only to be robbed..

I would put all on ST.LOUIS lunitics.......

#12 ·
Re: You think the Rams the greatest show on earth is going to lose to the Pats?

Oporto said:
LOL:D :tongue:

Where is the superbowl?(N.O);)

Dome?;)

who cant lose........

St.Louis

simply the greatest show on earth(NFL champs)

Warner
Falk
Hakim
Bruce
Holt
etc..

New England got lucky the Raiders beat them only to be robbed..

I would put all on ST.LOUIS lunitics.......
I'm sure if you cash in on all yer Capucho comic books you may actually raise $6... I don't know of any bookies who'd take a $6 bet from a pre-schooler, but ye can always try I guess.

#13 ·
Re: Re: You think the Rams the greatest show on earth is going to lose to the Pats?

Pila said:

I'm sure if you cash in on all yer Capucho comic books you may actually raise $6... I don't know of any bookies who'd take a $6 bet from a pre-schooler, but ye can always try I guess.
First why is this in the Portuguese soccer forums?dosent it belong in other sports NFL!!!!!

As for the Capucho comments he palyed great against Maritimo what did your wingers do against Steubal:D lucky for you ex-gilista Carlitos was there to save some emberasment to the team that SLB is.:rolleyes: :D

$6 is alot of money for a farmboy like you Pila but i suggest you dont waste it all in buying more slb palyers because taht is what your team is worth little boy,you want a loli pop? a chupa chupa:D lay off all that sugar it gets you too high when you post..

again why is this stupid topic on the soccer forum?:rolleyes: :confused:

#14 ·
Re: Re: Re: You think the Rams the greatest show on earth is going to lose to the Pats?

Oporto said:

again why is this stupid topic on the soccer forum?:rolleyes: :confused:
It's a lot like asking what drugs yer parents were on when they decided ta get ya a klunker, I doubt the answer would make sense to a confused, bed-wetting 6 year old.

#15 ·
?

I know you Americans are slow ehhhhhhh?well thats a fact but see football NFL is not supose to be on this forum yes you can call soccer FOOTBALL or futebol etc..... But Alctraz posted the wrong one here it dosent suprise me since he is a SCP fan either that pilinha the farmboy is posting:yuck: more of his opinions here but you 2 must be confused like when they ask you to name the capital of your country our name the states since you all a bit slow you can say ehhhhh?

see football=soccer but not american football that =WRONG FORUM(pig skin freeks).

We play futebol with a round shape ball ok.......

Did you and your low IQ little gr.2 buddy catch all of it our do you want me to nice and slow repeat it again so you two slow americans understand?

Oh yes do you want also me to explain Imperial and Metric since you americans are behind in that also(fu;k the hole world knows upset one country:rolleyes: dont skip classes you need all the help you can get just too bad the teachers there are as dumb as the kids,lol:D

Go to class!!

also football 101 is a must take course for U2;) put a check mark on it a big red checkmark:dazed:

#16 ·
I'd settle for poor English, but understand that that is beyond your abilities, so I'll hafta continue to use my two year old son to interpret yer babblings fer me.

#17 ·
Oporto, Your from T.O. what the hell do you know about football? And don't give me that CFL crap either! Stick to hockey, maria!

#18 · (Edited)
please dont even bring cities into it. New York City aint New Jersy pass the bridge!!

ALCATRAZ said:
Oporto, Your from T.O. what the hell do you know about football? And don't give me that CFL crap either! Stick to hockey, maria!
Lets talk about other football in another forum,ok so we have the Toronto Argos but soon maybe the Bills:eekani:

What do I know let's see we have the Toronto Raptors who sellout every game and make it to the playoffs where was NewJersy?Oh yes we have the best palyer in the NBA Vince Carter call him Air Canada.

Well we have the Toronto Blue Jays yehhh!! like who cares but who does New Jersy have?oh nobody i see,plus we won 2 world championships.

Lets see we have the Toronto Maple Leafs one of hockeys greatest franchises witch sells out every game and season tickets are so in demand you have to wait like 15 years,oh you have New Jersy fighting for a playoff spot witch they are like 9-10th and only 8 make it.Also so sad to see an NHL team play in a gutter like the medowlands witch attendance is like 9,000 a game.

Same goes for Boston!!!!(Bruins,RedSox,Celtics,LOL:))

What else do you want to know about one of the best cities on earth?

Oh now he will talk abou the Pats making it to the superbowl,oh did you forget you screwed Oakland Raiders,or else you would not be there but who cares ST.Louis will destroy the patatas....

#19 ·
I've been to T.O. many times and it's cool and all but I prefer Montreal!

-Lets not compare Sports teams especially from a city like T.O. and Boston! No Comparison! Fenway Park, Boston Garden, Schaefer, Sullivan, Foxboro Stadium! Come on, bro, we've forgotten more history then you remember! Sh!t you's ain't even in the same country as us!

#20 ·
Oh yeah! and about the Raiders call it was a fumble but rule states if the arm is going forward it's a incomplete pass, refs made the right call they just need to change the rule!

...Also the game didn't end on that play and after that the Raiders had plenty of chances on defense to stop the Patriots and they didn't! In OT we had a 4 and 4 play which we converted into a first down! The raiders still had 15 series in which to stop the NE offense but they could not and we took advantage and won! It was a bad call, no doubt, but it did not end the game all they had to do was stop us!

#21 ·
Maple Leaf gardens!!

ALCATRAZ said:
I've been to T.O. many times and it's cool and all but I prefer Montreal!

-Lets not compare Sports teams especially from a city like T.O. and Boston! No Comparison! Fenway Park, Boston Garden, Schaefer, Sullivan, Foxboro Stadium! Come on, bro, we've forgotten more history then you remember! Sh!t you's ain't even in the same country as us!
Toronto has better sports teams i agree so no comparison I aint going to argue...

Plus our city is better and so is our Country!!CANADA;)

I was born in Barcelos Portugal so i am you can say 100% porkchop but I have been in Canada now 15 years and am proud to be a Canadian citizem, I also have been to USA alot and i wont bash Boston because its a nice city with alot of european resemblence but other city's there aint as nice like NewJersy,Detroit,Buffalo,etc....

I know all about the history of sports in Boston and what matters is what they have acheived lately and that is nothing.......

#22 ·
Re: Maple Leaf gardens!!

Oporto said:

... city's there aint as nice like NewJersy,Detroit,Buffalo,etc....

I wonder what state the city of New Jersey is in... Bwahahahaha:D Oh, lord! Is there no end to your stupidity?

#23 ·
Re: Re: Maple Leaf gardens!!

Pila said:

I wonder what state the city of New Jersey is in... Bwahahahaha:D Oh, lord! Is there no end to your stupidity?
Oh i wonder Pila tell me please?

But aint Syracuse,Buffalo,New Jersey all in that New York state 2?

New York city could care less about New Jersey!!!

just beacuse you all have the same license plates dosent mean you are 100% new yorker....

I wonder if I asked you how many provinces we have in Canada you would not know or even know what the capital of Ontario is our even Canada,such easy questions that americans have a real tough time with?

#24 ·
Re: Re: Re: Maple Leaf gardens!!

Oporto said:

Oh i wonder Pila tell me please?

But aint Syracuse,Buffalo,New Jersey all in that New York state 2?

New York city could care less about New Jersey!!!

just beacuse you all have the same license plates dosent mean you are 100% new yorker....

I wonder if I asked you how many provinces we have in Canada you would not know or even know what the capital of Ontario is our even Canada,such easy questions that americans have a real tough time with?
I guess the answer to my question is an infinite "no". You poor child.

#26 · (Edited)
Son, I've been a little harsh on ya. My apologies for goofin on your education. At first I just thought that your pathetic command of the English language was a product of poor study etiquette, but now that it has become obvious that your problems run a little deeper than mere laziness... well, nevermind all that. I see now that I used poor judgement when I decided to goof on ya. You may not be the brightest bulb in the house, but neither am I, so keep your spirits up I'm sure with enough practice you'll get some important basic communication skills nailed down and who knows where your potential can lead you from there. Sh*t! You may even become a productive member of society. Remember that no goal is unattainable if you put your mind to it.

Enjoy the forums and keep up the great work! You're doing fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.