Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As that time of year is once again fast approaching, where will you guys head for the summer hollidays? Have you allready made up your plans?

I will go to Croatia that's as much as I know, where to I don't know yet.

All I know is that I just can't wait for us to go, even more so, becouse I had no holliday last year, so I'm fuking desperate of some allready.:hangover:

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,179 Posts
I'm working hard to be able to go to Sicily in September. Met some really nice Sicilians on my student exchange program.

Just hope I'll pass all my exams till then and that the cash will still be on my bank account:D

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
No Holidays for me until December/January! :( While you are all enjoying yourselves ill be hard at work because the end of financial year is coming up here in Australia!

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fingers crossed for your Sicilian project than Funlovin!:thumbsup:

We are not all enjoying ourselves yet, some of us are still very much hard at work you know. I sure can't wait for my time off though.

Plus, I'm also into finding a way to change my job, which is a thing that costs me a lot of nerves lately. I tell you things are not easy arround here.:groan:

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Haha, well when you get your long earned break enjoy it Walter, I'll be sure to make mine count to when it comes!!

What job do you do at the moment and what are you wanting to do if I can ask? :)

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm an engineer in a tool workshop. I do a lot of 3D construction plus NC programing. I't a good job I guess, it's just that the pay is really poor, especially concidering the responsability I have. So what I'm looking for is a job similar to what I do at the moment, but for better money. Or maybe even a totaly different work, where I'd be under less pressure. I've had some talks and interviews allready, I've turned some people down, some turned me down. It's not that I'm in a hurry, in time I'll get it right.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I'm an engineer in a tool workshop. I do a lot of 3D construction plus NC programing. I't a good job I guess, it's just that the pay is really poor, especially concidering the responsability I have. So what I'm looking for is a job similar to what I do at the moment, but for better money. Or maybe even a totaly different work, where I'd be under less pressure. I've had some talks and interviews allready, I've turned some people down, some turned me down. It's not that I'm in a hurry, in time I'll get it right.
Is it not possible to organise a better contract with your employer? Sounds like interesting work though, are you like a team leader or something?

Yeah thats good that your not pressured into finding some work though, I'm sure when the time is right something will come along and all will work out well for you :thumbsup:

BTW how is parenthood treating you these days? :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I will go to Croatia that's as much as I know, where to I don't know yet.
Are u nuts or sth.? :rollani::pp

As for my self, i didnt decide yet. I have a few options...

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it not possible to organise a better contract with your employer? Sounds like interesting work though, are you like a team leader or something?
Unfortunatly I work in shuch a company where any talks about better contract are destined to faill in advance. The problem is that where I come from there isn't a lot of these sorts of firms, so my current employers can basically do what they want. It sucks I tell you.

I'm not a team leader no. We are a small group though, so there's always a lot of close work between us all.

Yeah thats good that your not pressured into finding some work though, I'm sure when the time is right something will come along and all will work out well for you :thumbsup:
Yes, that's good in a way, but sometimes not that good either. You know how it is, when the storm settles down, you forget about the problem for a whille - untill the next time. It's OK though,when something right comey by, I'll sure grabb it.

BTW how is parenthood treating you these days? :)
Well, it's a full time job you know. there's no rest, from early morning till late in the evening. It's a non stop action. It's exhausting but yet so damn great. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Being a father to shuch wonderfull and sweet kids it's the greratest thing that ever happened to me. Luckyly the kids are OK, healthy and everything, that's the most important thing to me, everything else comes by itself. Of course there are moments of short circuit, when you'd whish you were somewhere else, alone, away from it all, but that's normal. In general though, we are super!:heart:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
And u re asking why? :pp:stoned:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does it have anything to do with you being strapped into Marica some time ago over there?:howler:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
What do you mean holidays, go back to work you lazy asses! :fero:

:pp ;)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Unfortunatly I work in shuch a company where any talks about better contract are destined to faill in advance. The problem is that where I come from there isn't a lot of these sorts of firms, so my current employers can basically do what they want. It sucks I tell you.

I'm not a team leader no. We are a small group though, so there's always a lot of close work between us all.
Yeah that does suck :yuck: But at least you know what your doing in terms of waiting for the right job to come along!

Well, it's a full time job you know. there's no rest, from early morning till late in the evening. It's a non stop action. It's exhausting but yet so damn great. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Being a father to shuch wonderfull and sweet kids it's the greratest thing that ever happened to me. Luckyly the kids are OK, healthy and everything, that's the most important thing to me, everything else comes by itself. Of course there are moments of short circuit, when you'd whish you were somewhere else, alone, away from it all, but that's normal. In general though, we are super!:heart:
Well I can only imagine haha! :happy: It's good to hear the young ones are healthy and well though, I'm happy for you mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
What do you mean holidays, go back to work you lazy asses! :fero:

:pp ;)
Haha so we can expect you will pass on your holidays this year to be working hard and making up the slack of everyone else Bojan ;) :pp

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that does suck :yuck: But at least you know what your doing in terms of waiting for the right job to come along!
I hope I know what I'm doing.:scared:

Well I can only imagine haha! :happy: It's good to hear the young ones are healthy and well though, I'm happy for you mate :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Does it have anything to do with you being strapped into Marica some time ago over there?:howler:
Ha. So you remember...:howler:
Well, its not the only reason. Well, luckiliy, according to statistic; every year the number of slo. guests over there is minor...

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I remember yes.:pp

I don't buy those statistics. I know that the majority of us are still going down there. I've been there so many times and never had any problems (well bar once when we were there as kids with our klapa and had a close encounter with the locals, but I don't count that) and always enjoyed myself. That's why this year we're going again.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Is summer is sill "our" tur.destination n°1, but luckily the numer is every year smaller.
I dont know for you, but most of people that i know had always some problems. Its better, cheaper, nicer to pick Spain, Greece, Turkey, if we look at sea destinations.

In general, i dont go to sea destinations (well, i was 3 times in Greece, once in Spain and once in Turkey), but i choose big citys (berlin,london,bruxelles,ny...) or destinations like Scotland, Wales... I must say, that GB is my favourite place.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts