Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a mesage to the Spurs fans. DOn't be bothered by all the media bull.

Firstly, Spurs WON'T go down, and you can quote me on that. Tottenham are the media's fave subject at the moment and they are doing their best to scaremonger.

Kanoute WON'T be sold (at least so soon) as this would be crazy at the moment. Yes we have Postiga on the bench AND yes we could get a neat profit on F.K, but it's just rubbish that we are looking to offload him. Apparently, and someone can clear this up, there is a national service issue with Mali that may put of Freddie, but they may overlook this.

Back to the relegation worries. I honestly cannot see us going down. I have never been so confident. And it's not 'cos we are a 'big club' but we have the quality to stay up. The board will do their best to keep us up (I hope) and we will pull a manager to wake up the boys.

The media have tried to worry us fans by saying we could be the next Notts Forest; but ignore these threats. We will stay up. It's a bumpy period, and naturally since we have issues with finding a coach.

Maybe it's blind faith, and yes a cliche to say 'we are too good to go down' but come the end of the season; we will be talking as we have for the last 10 or more years of finding ourselves in a mediocre league position.

As for reports of fans attacking players. Well I hope that's media rubbish too, if not - they must be the notorius fickle b****** that annoy the pants off me.

Belive me guys, ignore the hype. We will come good. ;)

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Hakan said:
As for reports of fans attacking players. Well I hope that's media rubbish too, if not - they must be the notorius fickle b****** that annoy the pants off me.

Belive me guys, ignore the hype. We will come good. ;)
You know Mick from Enfield from talksport? :D he said he confronted Robbie Keane in the car-park last week etc etc

I think we'll make it but there are certain players who aren't fully committed. I've said it a couple of times but Stephen Carr imo has his head somewhere else. He isn't the old same Carr we know from a few seasons back. Maybe a new challenge would do him good since he's stalling on a new contract too plus we also have Taricco and Kelly as replacements for him.

Kasey Keller btw will leave in the summer imo. He isn't getting a new contract (current one runs out in 2005) and he may well be offloaded to get some cash.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Carr is being a big girl's blouse about staying at THFC, then sell him for some money now. Arsenal are welcome to him...

At the same time I understand people need success to breed enthusiasm and motivation. But being a thorn in the anus of the club isn't helping anyone.

We have the youths (ie. Jackson, Rickets,etc) who will fight for the club. If it means they ply their trade in DIV1, then so be it. Football has become such a circus that I'm fed up of it. It a bloody sport that they are payed HUGELY for (considering the lack of student loan debts :D). So play for the club or pee off.

As for Mick in Enfield :D. Why is he having a go at Keano?? This guy was the one ray of sunlight for the club. He (Mick) can go 'pee off' too. We are a big club historically, but we've become average. Accept it and still support the club. I've been a fan for over 25 years and will always want the best, this doesn't mean threatening the players (unless your sicknote :eek: ).

My local club, first true footie love and forever will be. Whether it's in DIV1 (through mismanagement) or not, that won't change.

Wally, look at me getting all emotional :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
In my humble opinion, the situation of Tottenham resembles that of West Ham last season. Noone thought they would go down, they were definitely too good to go down but eventually, they went... Leeds seems to be waking up somehow and Leichester are really brave and have a decent manager.

It's time for caution in White Heart Lane, not over-confidence...

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Hakan said:
If Carr is being a big girl's blouse about staying at THFC, then sell him for some money now. Arsenal are welcome to him...

At the same time I understand people need success to breed enthusiasm and motivation. But being a thorn in the anus of the club isn't helping anyone.

We have the youths (ie. Jackson, Rickets,etc) who will fight for the club. If it means they ply their trade in DIV1, then so be it. Football has become such a circus that I'm fed up of it. It a bloody sport that they are payed HUGELY for (considering the lack of student loan debts :D). So play for the club or pee off.

As for Mick in Enfield :D. Why is he having a go at Keano?? This guy was the one ray of sunlight for the club. He (Mick) can go 'pee off' too. We are a big club historically, but we've become average. Accept it and still support the club. I've been a fan for over 25 years and will always want the best, this doesn't mean threatening the players (unless your sicknote :eek: ).

My local club, first true footie love and forever will be. Whether it's in DIV1 (through mismanagement) or not, that won't change.

Wally, look at me getting all emotional :D
Worthy of a phone call to talksport :D

btw we might not have to look at Konchesky anymore with Johnny JAckson and Ricketts on the left (since that was where Paul always was played:eek: )! both these youngsters I really like :)
We still got Bowitch and he's a defensive mid who plays in Englands u21s and Burch who is Englands u19 keeper so we might not have to do so much shopping as we thought ! though we do need an experienced leader in the middle of the park if the rest of the season is to go smoothly.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Oi, lay off my fellow Enfieldian Mick :fero: :D

Hakan, our players need to buck up their ideas and quick... It wasn't that long ago that our wise £8.1M investment Deano mentioned the lack lusture atmosphere at the club. Apparently, most of the players aren't even contemplating relegation!? ;)

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course any team has the potential to go down; but I don't believe we will. We are one or two players short of success; but now that King is improving his performances, I think our eyes have moved to defence once more. I'm not a huge fan of Richards and the fact that his replacement is Doherty, isn't a good sign.

Now Davies is back, the midfield should be a bit more solid. And although I've mentioned King, Butt would have been a shrewd purchase.

It all boils down to bringing in a wise chef to cook these ingredients that we have into a nice dish (food analogies again :eek: ) Someone with a bit more vavavoom (thanks Thierry). There is enough money in the kitty for the new boss to strengthen the problem areas and keep us out of the bottom three.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
that bloke from Enfield, Mick :D

do you mean the one whose boys are called Ricardo and Osvaldo ?

he's the best thing that's ever happened to Spurs :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Oi, wouldn't Ledley King be so much better in defence? He is not a midfielder, never was. In my opinion, Spurs should buy a pure defencive midfielder (Brown from Sheffield United is coming, right? or he'll come in the summer? He is decent anyway, but not an anchor) and move King back to defence.

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
talking of idiot fans, here's one :D (from the standard)

Truth about Levy and fan

With the search for a new first-team coach gathering pace, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has had his time wasted recently over an alleged altercation with a fan, Anthony Greene. The incident took place after the Carling Cup defeat by Middlesbrough, when Greene claims Levy threatened him with physical violence after he shouted a comment about the club's predicament towards the director's box. This version of events appears questionable since such a reaction from Levy would be totally out of character for the normally shy and unassuming chairman - and witnesses are prepared to confirm that it was Greene who had the intimidating manner. He, in turn, is now threatening to sue the club since they have given him an official warning for his actions. But after Greene decided to leak this legal intention to the press he could now find himself banned from the ground as well.

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Oi, wouldn't Ledley King be so much better in defence? He is not a midfielder, never was. In my opinion, Spurs should buy a pure defencive midfielder (Brown from Sheffield United is coming, right? or he'll come in the summer? He is decent anyway, but not an anchor) and move King back to defence.
Yeah I'd still prefer King in defence. He seemed to do better against Palace but it's Palace with all respect to them.

Brown signed on New Years day and he'll play his first game for us after the 17th of January since he's sitting out a suspension.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
King isn't an orthodox defender, and this was apperent last season. He would be better in DM as opposed to CM, but I guess it depends on our formation.

Brown has already signed and will be making his debut mid-January.

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
David Pleats about the Kanoute issueClick here

:dielaugh: :howler: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts