Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have thrilled, entertained and even amused in recent seasons. Now Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle wants his beloved Spurs to start frightening people again.

Hoddle: Fear factor
(RossKinnaird/Allsport)
A Worthington Cup Final place assured, today's FA Cup tie with Bolton is high on Hoddle's priority list as he attempts to bolster his White Hart Lane revolution with an early collection of silverware.

'If you win trophies, there is a fear element, a respect which other clubs will give you,' said Hoddle. 'You have to earn that, but that's what we want to do over the coming years.

'Supporters have yearned to have that back again. We had it a long time ago and it can happen again in the next five years, hopefully with me in charge.'

Key to those aims is building a strong squad, something which Hoddle believes he is close to achieving. He cited Steffen Iversen's return from injury as a perfect example, the Norwegian smoothly taking over from top scorer Les Ferdinand because of a neck injury to the former England man.

'The group is building,' added Hoddle. 'Steffen has had a torrid time with injuries and we're trying to get him back to his very best. He has got a lot of ability, that is for sure.

'He hasn't been able to show that since he's come to the club because of the injuries. He can play off the shoulder, in the Teddy role, or we can play him out wide if we split the strikers in a 4-3-3.

'If we can get our four strikers - Les, Steffen, Sergei Rebrov and Teddy Sheringham - on the top of their game, then we could probably live with Arsenal, Leeds or a few other big clubs.

An understrength Bolton team were swept aside in the Worthington Cup earlier this season, but Hoddle expects more from Sam Allardyce's men today.

He is also guarding against complacency, saying: 'If we had been knocked out of the Worthington Cup by Chelsea, everyone would be saying this is a massive game. For me and the players, it still is.

'It won't be easy. To beat any Premiership side three times in one year is very difficult. It's about attitude. That is where the game will be won and lost.

'We have got experience and, though we want to enjoy the moment of beating Chelsea, now we're focused on Bolton.'

Source = Soccernet

I think after Wednesdays performance, teams will not take us so lightly, we have never played like that is years, with such power and elegance, it was a joy to behold!! come on spurs!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Carson, please delete this thread, i have noticed u have already placed this article somewhere else :D Sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts