Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found that, from the WC 1934. We should have won the title, I guess. However, the "Duce" obviously had a word with the refs:

Italien schlug die Österreicher im Halbfinale 1:0. Josef Bican erinnert sich: "Als eine Flanke zu Karl Zischek kam, konnte der alleine auf das italienische Tor laufen. Da hat der Schiedsrichter, der gerade dort stand, den Ball absichtlich weggekopft. Unglaublich! Beim Tor hat Peter Patzer den Ball gefangen, aber mehrere Italiener haben ihn uber die Torlinie gestossen. Und der schwedische Referee hat das Goal gegeben...."

But a lot more funny is the game that shifted Italy to the semis beforehand:

Referee Mercet aus dem Tessin tat alles, um die Spanier zu benachteiligen. Beim entscheidenden Treffer durch Giuseppe "Peppino" Meazza humpelten sieben Spanier verletzt übers Feld. Einer lag draussen. Den regularen Ausgleich ignorierte Mercet. Er wurde spater von seinem eigenen Verband auf Lebenszeit gesperrt.

What a game, seven Spaniards injured on the field, one outside the field......

:eek:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also (I did not know that), we reached the final in the (politically louche, of course) 1936 Olympic tournament. And lose to Italy again. Due to a goal in overtime, before overtime existed.......

FINAL

Berlin, August 16, 1936
Italy 2-1 Austria

Italy:
Bruno Venturini - Alfredo Foni, Pietro Rava - Giuseppe Baldo, Achille Piccini, Ugo Locatelli - Annibale Frossi, Libero Mancini, Sergio Bertoni, Carlo Biagi, Francesco Gabriotti.

Austria:
E Kainberger - E Künz, M Kargl - A Krenn, K Wahlmüller, M Hofmeister - W Werginz, A Laudon, K Steinmetz, K Kainberger, F Fuchsberger.

Referee: Bauwens (Germany)
Attendance: 90,000

Scorers: 70' Frossi 1-0; 80' K.Kainberger 1-1; 92' Frossi 2-1.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Didn't know that either. :eek:

http://www.rsssf.com/tableso/ol1936f.html
The interesting part is the "additional details"-link: http://www.rsssf.com/tableso/ol1936f-det.html

"We" actually lost to Peru in the Second Round (2:4), but..."Upon protest by Austria this match was cancelled by the jury of appeal
because peruvian fans had invaded the field to celebrate after Villanueva
scored the 4th. goal in the last minute of the overtime, FIFA ordered the
match replayed and Peru did not show because all their Olympia delegation
had returned home in disagreement with the ruling."

Also Germany lost to Norway in the Second Round, and Hitler left what is nowadys supposed to be his only live football game early because someone named Isaksen scored for Norway. ;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
And since this thread is about history...
Not necessarily football, but interesting anyways:

Fun fact:
Which was the only country that officially protested against Austria's "Anschluss"?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...the country which regretted so hard that it killed its great and gütige Kaiser Max from right that country which suddenly did not exist anymore....?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
8.4.1901 15:30

First Austrian NT game ever. Filed as "unofficial", but still.

ÖSTERREICH - SCHWEIZ 4:0 (2:0)

(Wien, 1500 Zuschauer)

Team consisted solely of Vienna, Cricket and WAC players. In other words: of players from today's FVFC Fernwärme and Austria Wien Magna Memphis.

Bei der schweizer Mannschaft wirkte ein Spieler namens A. N. Other mit, ob es sich dabei um den späteren österreichischen Nationalspieler A. PULCHERT alias "A.N. OTHER" handelte, ist nicht geklärt. Nahe liegt diese Vermutung allerdings schon, da von einer
Verletzung des schweizer "Backs" kurz vor Spielbeginn berichtet wurde.

We trash the guys 4:0. The legendary "Albert" scores 2, Josef Taurer and Gustav Hubert score the other 2.

12.10.1902 : Josef Taurer and Gustav Hubert score again when we beat up Hungary in the first official NT game.

JOHANN STUDNICKA alias "JAN" hammered in 3. "Albert" did not play. I can't find him in any of the lineups anymore, also not under his real name and in a listing I see he files with just 1 NT game. Maybe he quit, because of the shameful image playing football had:

Der bekannte Vienna-Mittelstürmer Albert ("Der schärfste Shooter Wiens", so Schmieger) habe mit schwarzer Perücke gespielt, um in seiner Schule keine Schwierigkeiten zu bekommen. Besagter Albert war ein blonder Jüngling und hieß mit Familiennamen Jureczek, was wiederum nur in seinem Gymnasium in der Krottenbachstraße bekannt war.

ÖSTERREICH - UNGARN 5:0 (3:0)

(Wien, 500 Zuschauer, aka only 30 % of the first "inofficial" game Austria ever played....)

PHILIPP NAUSS
WILHELM EIPELDAUER alias "EIPEL"
EMIL WACHUDA alias "OMLADY"
FELIX HÜTTL
RUDOLF BLÄSSY
RAIMUND MÖSSMER alias "QUICK"
JULIUS WIESNER
GUSTAV HUBER
ENGELBERT SCHRAMMEL
JOHANN STUDNICKA alias "JAN"
JOSEF TAURER

Notes:

Studnicka, Taurer & Huber - all goals scored by WAC guys.

Blässy, Mössmer & Wiesner never played another NT game. They all had been called from peculiar clubs: Blässy Rudolf (Graphia), Mössmer Raimund (DJM Währing), Wiesner Julius (WFC)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...also, what strikes me a bit are these official national games against Hungary......in years like 1902 (!) and so on.......

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
...well, as I don't know any other country which killed a gütige Kaiser Max (poor guy, really, ran into his death from naivity and a certain "Jobzwang"), I was thinking about Mexico, yeah....

On a different note, if I was you, I'd re-register as "Albert". I mean, der bekannte Vienna-Mittelstürmer und "Der schärfste Shooter Wiens", that's almost obligatory then, huh?

On the other hand, as you are from the district which was coined as die Talenteschmiede des Fußballs in Wien, you could also pick some Hertha Favoriten guys like the paper man (which then again would be my, Pauls or Max' job, really....), or FC Wien heros, or something. Factually also Rudolfshügel was from Favoriten, I think the second oldest team in Austria.

Fun note from younger history, when the great WAC finally had to give up and opted for Fusionierung with Austria Wien, the five best players joined the FAK squad.

Among them Franz Englisch, der "König von Favoriten". That was 1973.

One young guy from the last WAC team in 1972 did not join Austria Wien, because he was only on loan in WAC: Hans Krankl.... ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....btw, I took the Franz Englisch pic from a FavAC page, as he went there 1975. In his first season in Unterliga, he scored a fresh 47 goals and layed ground to a nice FavAC Durchmarsch.

But the pic? Doesn't the guy in the pic strikingly look like Sepperl Sara, also in FavAC at some point (like brother Robertl, when him the fantastic guy was already 40)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
No idea about that Kaiser Maximilian, but as the internet tells me some Mexican ambassador was interested in Austria and the Kelsen-constitution.

And the protest (and Mexiko being host country for many refugees) is also the reason why Mexiko-Platz is called well, Mexiko-Platz. :eek:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Ferdinand Maximilian was no less than the brother of Kaiser Franz Joseph. He himself was pretty happy with just laybouting with his fascination with art and science. But then he also had a bitch for a wife, just like his brother.

Maximilians bitch wife from overeagerness and vanity and all these things wanted her husband also be a Kaiser. So when they talked him into going to Mexico to be Kaiser, he finally said OK. So he went there and I hear he actually wanted to do good. But after the frog munchers lost interest in supporting the whole thing and called their troops out, Max and his forces lost the civil war. The bitch wife fell into "geistige Umnachtung" for a reaction, the bitch, Max was killed.

Also, that's why Prinz Hubertus von Hohenlohe did run for Mexico in Olympics. The family bonds go down to the happenings around poor Kaiser Max of Mexico.

And no word on Albert, den schärfsten shooter von Wien???....

;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Alexx said:
And no word on Albert, den schärfsten shooter von Wien???....

;)
The whole Mexiko - Hubert v. Hohenlohe story impressed me more, I must admit. :)

Next project: The Simari-Birkner dynasty in Argentina!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts