Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you that can get CBC, Canadien television, at 1 PM Eastern time Sunday 5/5/02, they will start a series called The History of Soccer. From the previews it looks like it will be pretty good. Even though Canada failled to qualify for the World Cup, CBC will be broadcasting all the games. Way kewl.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AWESOME

This was one of the best shows about the beautiful game that I have ever seen. Evidently it is going to be several episodes. Today's was The Superstars.

Shown were highlights of Puskas, DeStefano, Kruyff, Beckenbauer, Best, Pele, Maradona, Garincha, Zidane, Ronaldo. Several runs by Pele were truly awesome to see. Some I had seen before but many were new to me.

Here's the question. Can one man win the World Cup this year? They said the only 2 to do it were Garincha and Maradona.

:cool: :D :cool: :cool: :dazed: :cool: :cool: :D :tongue: :D :cool: :eek: :cool: :D :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :eek:

Man, am I glad I taped it.;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Blast from the Past...

Well it seems that one of the teams in the World Cup is being coached by an ex-NASL player....

South Africa...coach..Jomo Sono he of the Montreal Le Manic....its good to see something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts