Discussion Starter #1
Please vote for your winner.
All players at their all-time peak.

StillLearning

footballFOCUS

·
Registered
46,292 Posts
Voted for footballFOCUS and he made it very easy for me with that defense...it's exactly the defensive line I'd choose. Everything else looks great too. If I had to pick at something, it may be that a different combination of forwards may yield more chemistry/potency. Too many cooks? But those names and the fact they're supported defensively by the finest defensive mids/box-to-boxers makes that potential nitpick that much more minor.

Reactions: footballFOCUS

·
*the drum drum*
43,058 Posts
I don't see a problem with the attack, because Ronaldinho has proven himself able to work perfectly with both Ronaldo and Messi, and in a similar shape.

And we know they'd all bow down to Diego, so I don't see much of an ego issue either.

·
oic
2,005 Posts
Voted for footballFOCUS and he made it very easy for me with that defense...it's exactly the defensive line I'd choose. Everything else looks great too. If I had to pick at something, it may be that a different combination of forwards may yield more chemistry/potency. Too many cooks? But those names and the fact they're supported defensively by the finest defensive mids/box-to-boxers makes that potential nitpick that much more minor.
How about my team

·
oic
2,005 Posts
I don't see a problem with the attack, because Ronaldinho has proven himself able to work perfectly with both Ronaldo and Messi, and in a similar shape.

And we know they'd all bow down to Diego, so I don't see much of an ego issue either.
How about my team

·
Registered
46,971 Posts
I voted fF

As regards his team, well, the 4-man defense is one of the best I can think of, Buffon is one of the best goalies ever. Matthaeus and Rijkaard make a tough and skilled duo at midfield. I'm not a huge fan of the 4 very attacking players, the ones who know me know it. I like the fact that he didn't concede anything to the myth.

SL's team is more balanced but has a few very odd choices, Passarella and Figueroa in particular. With plenty of possile choices one shouldn't choose these two! Yashin has been a myth in the goal. I can't really rate him because we lack footage and we rely on USSR games, not the Dinamo Moskow ones. A problem I do not have with Buffon!
Similarly to fF's 4 attacking players, I'm not a huge fan of Beckenbauer in front of Figueroa and Passarella, as "the libero alla tedesca" I suppose. Not with Passarella (who is a libero alla latina!) and Figueroa. Redundant.

·
oic
2,005 Posts
I voted fF

As regards his team, well, the 4-man defense is one of the best I can think of, Buffon is one of the best goalies ever. Matthaeus and Rijkaard make a tough and skilled duo at midfield. I'm not a huge fan of the 4 very attacking players, the ones who know me know it. I like the fact that he didn't concede anything to the myth.

SL's team is more balanced but has a few very odd choices, Passarella and Figueroa in particular. With plenty of possile choices one shouldn't choose these two! Yashin has been a myth in the goal. I can't really rate him because we lack footage and we rely on USSR games, not the Dinamo Moskow ones. A problem I do not have with Buffon!
Similarly to fF's 4 attacking players, I'm not a huge fan of Beckenbauer in front of Figueroa and Passarella, as "the libero alla tedesca" I suppose. Not with Passarella (who is a libero alla latina!) and Figueroa. Redundant.
Typical european bias and lack of knowledege.

Beckenbauer played 66 and 70 as a DM. Only 74 as CB.

·
Registered
46,971 Posts
Typical european bias and lack of knowledege.

Beckenbauer played 66 and 70 as a DM. Only 74 as CB.
"All players at their all-time peak". Beckenbauer became famous as a sweeper/libero alla tedesca, no doubt about it. And the position you assigned in your lineup (partially) identifies that particular position which made Beckenbauer the best "libero alla tedesca" ever. Libero alla tedesca which is a concept slightly different from the libero all'italiana, but just slightly, infact in your team we can say you have two liberos and Figueroa who had pretty much the same skills of the two liberos. One more (Scirea) and you would win a teddybear.

·
oic
2,005 Posts
"All players at their all-time peak". Beckenbauer became famous as a sweeper/libero alla tedesca, no doubt about it. And the position you assigned in your lineup (partially) identifies that particular position which made Beckenbauer the best "libero alla tedesca" ever. Libero alla tedesca which is a concept slightly different from the libero all'italiana, but just slightly, infact in your team we can say you have two liberos and Figueroa who had pretty much the same skills of the two liberos. One more (Scirea) and you would win a teddybear.
Please leave my threads

·
oic
2,005 Posts
The level of ignorance on this forum is on the ceilings.
Period.
Thats why i am gonna quit soon again.
Period.

My line up is clearly better than his.
Period.

Figueroa is simply the best centre back mankind ever had.
Period.

Passarella is Passarella. Period.

But the simple fact that i have Pelé and a balanced team should be enough to Win.

Period.

Xavi and iniesta. Period.

·
1st Tier Poster
51,140 Posts
Matthäus was called the best midfielder in the world at some point and won Ballon d'Or and the first ever FIFA PotY award.

150 caps and crazy amount of titles both at NT and club level. Easily comparable to Xavi and Iniesta.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts