Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Althought this is not a french forum nor Juve's, but i'd like to say how great it is to watch Zinedine Zidane play. How can i stay indifferent to such talent. He's simply one of a kind; the world's best player in my opinion.
What a game he had against Portugal!
If ever i would want someone in my team wearing the #10 it would undoubtely be Zidane. Words don't due justice to this guy's talent.
I hope Dejan Stankovic was watching Zidane play because i would like him some day to become our Zidane and bring Lazio to even greater success

Forza Lazio!
Zizou, t'es le meilleur!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, those French got lucky again.I was with Portugal with all my heart and they really should kick that referee's ass.
About Zidane, have you seen that he plays with his heart for France, which cannot be said about his appearances for Juve.Anyway, I don't like him, but he is a great player.Almost as good as Veron...
FORZA LAZIO!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, the referee's decision was the right one. He didn't see the action so i went to his linesman who confirm that there was a handball.
As for Zidane not giving all his heart for Juve, that remains questionable. I've seen Zidane give all he's got for Juve on several times. Maybe you haven't seen these games.
Finally, i will say this: Even a blind could see that Zidane at his best is better than Veron. I love Veron. He's a great player destin to more greatness, however right now he's not as good as Zizou. At age 28, Zizou is at his peak and Veron still young.
Anyway, i wasn't comparing Zizou with anybody. I just wanted to aknowledge the wonderful player that is Zinedine Zidane.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zizou IS great!

Maxim, you have a nice way of putting things...and I do agree on the acknogledgement that Zizou is a great player!
He took charge against Portugal and struck the penalty with selfesteem. In my opinion he tricked Baia to choose the wrong side...once again Zidane IS great and a worthy #10!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Dino; Those French got lucky again ? First of all it must have been a heartbreaking way to leave the tournament, but there's no denying that it was a penalty. Wiltord make a crack at goal and Xavier was the only one between the ball and the goal and he handballed- penalty.
It wasn't even the ref. who called it. The linesman raised his flag imeadiately and after consulting with him the ref. called the penalty. Apart from that France was obviously the best team outthere. 16-3 in shots at goal should say a bit about the run of play, so calling them lucky is very wrong I think.

Zidane is totally free in the French team while he has to work harder in defence with Juve, and I can only dream his role will be altered fractionally next year. Having said that I don't think he lacks any spirit in black/white at all.
Finally- I know this is the Lazio forum, but how is it possible to say that Zizou is almost as good as anybody ? It must be the other way around. Veron and Zizou are both playmakers despite having different characteristics. Veron is superb at distributing and keeping up the pace, but he hasn't got Zidane's magic. You must admit that he hasn't. Really....:).

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
For me, Zinedine Zidane is like, the GOD of football. I know this might sound a little bit too much, but anyway...
He is a very outstanding player, and if I were a football player, I'd really hate it to be playing as his opponent.
Calm, full-skilled, very accurate passes, good vision... he is perfect.

And about that penalty kick... Come on, get over it! It was a fair decision by the ref. I have nothing against Portugal (one of my fave teams in EURO 2000) nor France (another one of my fave teams in EURO 2000), so I'd like to think that I'm being objective to say that France deserved that penalty kick.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Glen:

There's two kind of luck (to categorize them)
1)luck with controversy
2)luck without controversy

France have been using their share of luck (2) (perhaps used them up already now) en route to the final. Raul missed the PK in the qf; then Xavier had his hand on the ball just 3 minutes before the penalty-shootout.
From past experiences, luck doesn't hover in a place for too long, as we all know. And to be honest, Italy have used just a mediocre amount of the luck 'allocated' to them by ladyluck ;) en route to the final. So I guess it's Italy.
I'm watching the final as a neutral (been a neutral since the 2nd sf anyway), by the way.

Yeah Zidane is great but personally I like Figo better; to me he's more versatile (can play in other positions). But that's just a personal preference...

Forza Lazio

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My first comment is that I totally agree with most of the opinions raised about Zidane in this forum,it is good to see that even in a Lazio forum Zidanes talents are being admired.For me he is without a doubt the standout player of the tournament.His skill and creativeness have left its mark on every match so far,he is an extremely gifted footballer with a unique range of skills.Secondly I would like to comment on the penalty decision in the match between Portugal and France,it was for me a definate penalty.The linesman saw it,the video replays confirmed it,the ball was on its way into the net.The penalty was the right decision and I would personally say that the linesman did a good job in spotting it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you talk about Majesty's and soccer then you have to mention Figo in there! Zidane is great but Figo is right up there with him!!!.....Forza Italia whip some French A.s.s for us Portuguese! But watch out don't give them ref's or linesman a chance to rob you's because Portugal was robbed so bad they should be in the Hospital!!! What a Caralho of a linesman!!!Filho de Puta!

[Edited by Soprano on 30-06-2000 at 05:51]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts