Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is he too old for this forum? He's 22 years old.

He's played three matches in the Bundesliga so far and has adapted instantly, marking his arrival with four assists already if I'm not mistaken, and today scoring a fine winning goal vs. Gladbach.

It is easy to make comparisons between Kiyo and Kagawa after Shinji's success with Dortmund, as they are both Japanese Internationals who favor the attacking midfield position, but can be played out wide; despite this, I would say they differ in that Kiyo is a more aggressive dribbler of the ball when he's looking to damage opposition defenses, he's a very tidy dribbler with good technique and close control. While you see Kagawa look for that killer through pass more often, and from what I hear, Shinji is a bigger goal threat, but Kiyo still has a lot to offer.

I really look forward to seeing what Hiroshi and Nuremburg can do this season.

·
Administrator
52,112 Posts
Kiyo has a more powerful and deadly shot then Kagawa.

Too bad he plays for a minor club that's uninteresting to follow.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
lol brilliant goal.

That's one crazy move he does there when he jumps up and hurdles the first challenge that comes in and manages to stay on his feet.

If Messi or Ronaldo had done that of course it would be headline news everywhere.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
crazy goal.

this guy has looked good whenever I have seen him. Someone to keep an eye on. Japanese football continues to produce high quality players at the moment.

·
Registered
42,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bundesliga Assist Leaders

1 Thomas Müller Bayern Munich 10
2 Franck Ribéry Bayern Munich 9
Philipp Lahm Bayern Munich 9
Szabolcs Huszti Hannover 96 9
Marco Reus Borussia Dortmund 9
Hiroshi Kiyotake Nurnberg 9

He's scored 4 goals but even in the J-League he wasn't a prolific scorer. His set-up work seems to be his specialty - he's deadly from dead ball situations and is an excellent crosser of the ball, very accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts