Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all my years of watching Juventus, this has been the most unusual season I have ever watched.

Even when Juve were in their hay day, on paper, they never appeared to be head and shoulders above their Milan or even Roman rivals - but they had quality world class players and were very consistent and won titles.

Now, it would seem that Juve is even more inferior on paper at least compared to their Milan rivals but are only within 3 points of top spot half way through the season. However, here is the thing that really gets me:

I have never seen so many young or ex-primavera players being used in the first team. At the start of the season, if you told me that the following players would get regular or any playing time:

Ariaudo, De Ceglie, Marchisio, Giovinco - I would have thought you were joking. In fact, who knows, maybe Ekdal will start playing soon.

This is very encouraging longer term as we may not need to invest so much in order to become a world force again. If we can go far in either one of the 3 competitions this year, then I think that in 1 or 2 years time, our team will be truly world class. Are we becoming the Arsenal or Ajax of Italy or Europe for that matter.

Under current trends it seems that we have a very strong preference to buy very young players (somewhat different to the past). You would have to assume that Nedved and Del Piero may hang up their boots very soon and you could see Trezeguet and Camoranesi becoming bench players in the next few years. The average age of our team could be very young indeed. Not to mention the fact that such a high percentage of our players are actually Italian.

The future definately looks bright even if we are not prepared to spend as much as we had in the past.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
what do Juve fans think of Criscito?...i have watched him in Genoa...looks pretty good, but haven't seen anything special...

Would you guys rather upgrade Araiudo to the senior team or bring back Criscito and let Ariaudo continue his development in the youth ranks?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Criscito is a good technical player but unfortunately he's soooooo lightweight, loses so many balls because of his physique.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Juve back then seemed to use the same squad players year after year, and they wernt bad. I think aside from level and age, managing these players is the key.
Juve is a very lovable club, so that can make it easier as well.

·
va' fancul
1,906 Posts
The youth movement only works when you get results. Right now everything looks rosy because Amuari is the most dangerous striker in Italy (and some extent Europe) right now. With the defense being somewhat efficient and Amauri scoring goals consistently, it doesn't matter if you have a team composed of 5 year old's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts