Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here give a toss about Hibs? ;) They're doing fairly well this season, pity they were knocked out of the Cup at the weekend. Just thinking about Hibbies with the derby coming up tomorrow, come on lads beat the Jambos! :D

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
romansky said:
Anyone here give a toss about Hibs? ;) They're doing fairly well this season, pity they were knocked out of the Cup at the weekend. Just thinking about Hibbies with the derby coming up tomorrow, come on lads beat the Jambos! :D
Sure, i don't mind the Hibees.

They've played the most entertaining football in the SPL by far this season, although they've lost their bottle on the big occasion a few times as well - most recently in the Scottish Cup semi-final.

Remarkably similar to Tommy Burns' Celtic teams, which Mowbray was a part of, a few years ago infact.

Hope they cuff the Jambos though, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Yeh i'll be a hibbee when they take on the jambos especially after last sunday's disgrace.

Hopefully Riordan will bag a few to make them pay ;)

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hearts 1-2 Hibs

Yay Hibbees!! Two second half goals to complete the comeback! :thmbup:

Take that Jam Tarts! :D

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why do you follow Hibs? I assume you're a West Ham fan from your Avatar. Is Hibs just a random choice?

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Angle_eyes said:
If you don't mind me asking, why do you follow Hibs? I assume you're a West Ham fan from your Avatar. Is Hibs just a random choice?
You're right I'm a Hammers fan. I wouldn't say I follow Hibs, just have a sporadic interest & really started this thread when I noticed there wasn't one in the Scottish forum. Or if there was before I didn't bother to search for it too deeply in the back pages ;)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Nah, you're right, there isn't one. Something i've been meaning to do is start a joint thread for the smaller clubs.

I'm led to believe West Ham fans have some sort of connection with Rangers fans. I know a Rangers fan that went down to Wigan to support West Ham the other week. I just think these people are mad :googly:.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know I've heard that before, I grew up down in Kent & started to go see West Ham with our neighbours who were mad Hammers fans. But the father also supported Rangers, I remember he said he was at the Old Firm derby at Hampden in 1980(?) when they had the massive pitch invasion ;)

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch! Livi embarrass Hibees 0-3 at Easter Road, wtf happened lads? :hangover:

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bhoys 1-3 Hibs

A bit late but I would be remiss not to mention this fabulous result at Parkhead, Gers should be thanking Hibees for the lifeline ;) Mind that Hartson's pisspoor finishing didn't help.

Also congrats to Tony Mowbray for winning the Scottish Football Writers' Association manager of the year award!

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Well done Hibs.

You deserved the win, we were shite.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I have mixed feelings about this result, still would rather have Celts win the title. Hopefully this just delayed the inevitable ;)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Nah, you're right, there isn't one. Something i've been meaning to do is start a joint thread for the smaller clubs.

I'm led to believe West Ham fans have some sort of connection with Rangers fans. I know a Rangers fan that went down to Wigan to support West Ham the other week. I just think these people are mad :googly:.
Angle, heard that a few times myself. However.

If you look on e-bay or just have a look at the badge sellers on matchdays the amount of Rangers & "Enter English Club" friendship badges is unbelievable.

I don't think Rangers as a club, or a united support have a link to any one English club. The closest you'll find is probably Chelsea followed by Manchseter City and we also used to play regular friendlies with Arsenal in the more distant past and many a Ger took a liking to them. We're a broad church who have many fans around the world drawn from different backgrounds, different countries and different clubs.

Regarding WHU, I'm sure it was their casuals who got together with the ASC a few years back to "take on" the so called Rangers fans. :thmbdown:

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hibs manage to hold onto the UEFA Cup place but only on goal differential, of course the Jambos did nothing to help other than not conceding 4 goals to A'deen, but it was enough. The month of May won't be memorable for Hibees but still the lads should be proud, pity they couldn't do a favour for Celts though...

1 - 20 of 521 Posts