Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has nothing to do with the incident last night. And I am not asking for a ban anywhere and to anyone. It was the 20th anniversary of Heysel that got me into thinking this. I was about to post this when the incident at Milan happened.

Twenty years ago, they banned all English clubs from playing in Europe. I am wondering in today's world of money football, will UEFA or FIFA ban any country(a ban on all teams - no a single team -- from the same league)from playing in Europe?

It will be financial setback for most major clubs if one of the big four leagues got banned from Europe. The clubs in Europe will put political pressure against a big ban. I am talking a ban liked the one after Heysel. I am not talking a few games in empty stadium or a year long ban on one particilar club.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Italian clubs as a whole won't get banned for this, however I can see Inter being forced to play behind closed doors for a year.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Depends. If anything happens tonight I think Italy might be screwed.
Well, one Liverpool fan has already been attacked, suffering minor head injuries. If I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't have gone, or if I went I wouldn't have worn colours (in fact I'd even wear some black and white)/spoke a word.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
But would it not be fairly easy to distinguish between a scouser and a Juve fan? If your a Liverpool fan, it would have been best to go with a supporters club. Going alone, or buying tickets from touts is asking for trouble.

The most worrying thing about this, which also highlights how awful Italian safety regulations are, is that anyone is capable of buying tickets for this match in any part of the ground,home or away, with no questions asks. Italian football needs to change the way it does things.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Russell said:
But would it not be fairly easy to distinguish between a scouser and a Juve fan?
course the 70s perm and tache is a dead giveaway. :shades:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Russell said:
But would it not be fairly easy to distinguish between a scouser and a Juve fan?
Depends. Not wearing colours, even wearing black and white, you could pass as a Juventus fan anyway because, as I understand it, there are a lot of Juventus fans who travel from the surrounding countries (ie. Switzerland, Slovenia etc) to their games, and obviously people from those countries don't exactly "look Italian".

If it were me I wouldn't have gone.

·
Registered
46,429 Posts
Russell said:
Yes, too easy. Yesterday I easily recognized some even if they had nothing red. :tongue:
BTW I don't think that the ultras of Juventus can distinguish between a supporter of Liverpool and an Anglosaxon not interested in football. Nor I think they care...

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Depends. Not wearing colours, even wearing black and white, you could pass as a Juventus fan anyway because, as I understand it, there are a lot of Juventus fans who travel from the surrounding countries (ie. Switzerland, Slovenia etc) to their games, and obviously people from those countries don't exactly "look Italian".

the Scousers should have just worn Ireland tops which they would pass for with no problems, we all know that the Oirish green turns even the most hostile people around and they would have just made loads of friends along the way. ;)

to be serious though, i fear it will go off bigtime, i hope i am wrong, the Scousers certainly won't be shy in retaliating. :frownani:

·
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
bah, i've got relatives who look exactly like that and they're more Italian than Enzo Ferrari :stuckup: ;)
yeah but all Scousers look like that, even the babies, it's like a perm army entering Turin tonight. :pp

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
obviously people from those countries don't exactly "look Italian".

"look Italian" indeed. Daniele De Rossi is enough of an albino to pass for a Swede, let alone an Englishmen, and he's not even a northerner like Ambro :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
the Scousers should have just worn Ireland tops which they would pass for with no problems, we all know that the Oirish green turns even the most hostile people around and they would have just made loads of friends along the way. ;)
And like the Oirish, you can't understand a word Scousers say ;)

to be serious though, i fear it will go off bigtime, i hope i am wrong, the Scousers certainly won't be shy in retaliating. :frownani:
Same, I hope it doesn't kick off but I think it will. What I'm scared of is a repeat of what happened to us in Copenhagen.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
"look Italian" indeed. Daniele De Rossi is enough of an albino to pass for a Swede, let alone an Englishmen, and he's not even a northerner like Ambro :D
When you say "look Italian" to someone in Australia you get the image of kappa tracksuit, lots of gel in the hair and a turbo-charged Japanese car playing dance music ;) :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
When you say "look Italian" to someone in Australia you get the image of kappa tracksuit, lots of gel in the hair and a turbo-charged Japanese car playing dance music ;) :D
Greeks, Macedonians and Lebanese maybe, but we're way more refined than that :nono:

vaseline and Italian cars only for us :stuckup: :D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts