Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is great to see jan add all these cool new forums. i expect all the south american fans show up here and talk.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
ok as you are called Argentina I was wondering about your feelings towards this tournament. I mean at the leat one you did not put in a full strength squad so does this mean that it means little?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, not really...last year, so many players were exhausted from playing in the leagues and some injured. that was dissapointing, but that gave a chance for the younger players to come and play. requelme was there, samuel was there also and some other guys like palermo, so it isnt who shows up for us because we usually have a great team playing there. even though players like batigol, veron, crespo, etc. didnt play, we have backups that are good enough to win it for us.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Speaking of Martin Palermo - I think no one will be able to forget the COPA America when he missed three penalties in one game. That is quite some achievment ;) hehe

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
palermo is a hell of a striker...he reminds me of vieri. he is going to be in a huge club and kick ass!

labas, i dont care about the 3 penalties. he is awesome!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Can someone tell me why Uruguay has such a hard time fielding a full strength national team? Brazil, Argentina, Chile etc.. all must deal with European based players, but only Uruguay seems to have such huge problems getting them for the national squad. Why?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hey! Chill Argentina! I never said anything about Palermo not being great! In fact he is one of my all time favorite strikers, behind Raul, Amoroso and Morientes. I love the guy and hope he makes a quick transfer to Europe, where it really matters... :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
proabbly because their FA is not strong
today Uruguya do not hold the power they had...
I f Brazil and Argenitna complain to FIFA something they wil be attended, cause if we boycott any tournament it will be a HUGE loss!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I know that this is a tad early but who do you guys think will win the next Copa America. Hopefully Saviola will be playing then (I have only seen him play 3 times :() for Argentina and Real Madrid :)

[This message has been edited by pool_till_I_die (edited 03-06-2000).]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Well, Brazil should win it again, we've won it the last 2 tournaments with no sweat. In 97 the players did not even train, they were just playing foot-volley in the training sessions, and Romario faked an injury to not play the final in the altitude:) In 99, we played bad, and still won it:)
Also, by the time the next Copa America comes by, we should already be qualified to the WC, then the Copa America should be just a training tournament of tactical variations and new team line up, and then get the team almost in shape to win the 2002 WC.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My best memory from Copa America was a game I saw in 1991 I think between Brazil and Argentina. I watched Screen Sport here in Norway in the middle of the night and Argentina won eventually 3-2, but there were at least 5 red cards in the game and lots of drama.

That was the game I discovered Batistuta for the first time. I think he was pretty unknown at that time. And my other favourite Argentina player Dario Franco. What happened to him anyway??

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Enough about those Bosteros! River has much more talent and they will always be on top. Por que a Boca le dicen "clavo sin cabeza"? Porque nunca se ve en la tabla!!!!ha ha ha ha!!!

Grande Enzo! Grande Chileno!

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
The way Brazil is playing right now, they won't be seeing Japan anytime soon. If it wasnt for the mafia in SA we would've see another MARACANAZO after 50 years.

Hang Luxemburgo, that cocky [email protected]$%&#*&! who said,(before even playing one game) he had the top spot wrapped up.

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 16-07-2000 at 20:37]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts