Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone doing in those difficult times?

Firdy, red, Nacka et all

Hope you're healthy and ok

Personally I left my job so have an awful lot of free time, mostly at home of course. With no live football I am watching countless highlights on YouTube, mainly of Inter games before my time as a fan to educate myself further. That and watching movies with the Mrs.

Cheers and Forza Inter, sempre.

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Hi, Ahmed. Thanks for asking. We were one of the first countries to be impacted by the virus but we've done quite well to bring things under some sort of control as things stand.

I'm trying to avoid going out as much as possible, especially since I have a pre-existing condition that gives the virus better odds against me on paper than most. While it's far from ideal, I'm able to do quite a lot from home. Contrary to the advice from the government and medical practitioners, my sister tells me to go out and get fresh air though...who needs enemies, amirite? I'm going to stay away as she'll probably tell me to take up wingsuit flying next.

Looks like you chose the best possible time to leave your job. Please stay safe. If the risk of contagion where you are is anywhere near what it's like in most countries, please use a mask and minimise contact with third parties.

What games have you been watching? I'm guessing Herrera's Inter is included?

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear that you're fine. You can stay home and get fresh air from the balcony or windows, apparently you should open windows every now and then.

I go out but very rarely (mainly to buy food but sometimes I order in) haven't seen my parents in weeks. In Egypt it's not as bad as Europe, China or USA but one has to be wary still. The government imposed a curfew in the evenings to limit gatherings and restaurants, cinemas etc are shut.

I spray perfume like crazy on shoes, clothes etc. Finished a whole bottle already.

I watched the whole first half of the 1964 European Cup final, there are plenty of full games on YouTube but I have mostly watched highlights, from various eras, 70s, 80s, 90s etc..

Most recently I watched highlights of the 8-2 win v Padova in 95-96 (I started following football around 1998 so 95-96 was before my time), great stuff from Branca, JZ, Ganz.. also watched highlights from the same season, namely the 4-0 win v Napoli when Roberto Carlos made 2 assists, also highlights from 85-86 when we drew with Napoli in Milano (Maradona scored and then Brady equalized from a soft pen), highlights from late 70s (78-79) when we won at Ascoli thanks to goals of Pasinato and Muraro, highlights from our 2-0 loss at Villa Park in the first leg of the 90-91 UEFA cup second round (had not for Zenga and the bar that would have finished 5-0, we were bad) etc..

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
Thanks for asking N4L. Good to hear that you're doing alright.

I'm doing just fine here, fortunately family and friends who are more at risk have also avoided getting infected so far.

I'm just trying to stay away from crowds as much as possible. Workwise I haven't had to change all that much since I'm sort of in control of when and where I work anyway. I've been avoiding the gym and opted to train at home or go cross country skiing on the lake instead.

I'm going to go to the store late tonight, when it's less crowded, to buy groceries for a friend with mild symptoms that might be Covid-19.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
All good here in Ireland - I still live in Berlin but got trapped here while visiting my folks and my employer.

I work as a developer these days so this makes no difference to my work routine.

Luckily the Irish took action about 7-10 days earlier than the Brits, so we will hopefully avoid the avalanche of cases they are experiencing.

Ahmed mentioned some great games there. I remember watching the highlights of that Padova game (did Ince score a bicycle kick?).

Actually don't remember that 4-0 against Napoli at all.... must check it out. I was a big fan of Benny Carbone back in those days. Talented player but rarely turned it on. If anyhting he probably played his best football at Sheffield Wed.

Guys if you find cool highlights/full matches maybe post them here?

Stay healthy gents.

Adios,

A

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Just watched those 8-2 Padova highlights.

I forgot that Rai used to use camera footage that looks like it was taken by a 4-year old that stole his parents' iPhone and then ran around the stadium looking for cookies

I have fond memories of this game:

Line-ups:

Inter: Pagliuca, Pistone, Festa, M. Paganin, Roberto Carlos, J. Zanetti, B. Carbone, Ince, Berti (82’ D. Fontolan), Branca (88’ Orlandini), Ganz (72’ Dell’Anno). Allenatore: Ardemagni - Hodgson

Roma: Cervone, Aldair, Petruzzi, Lanna, Cappioli (83’ Delvecchio), Statuto (68’ Di Biagio), Giannini (62’ Totti), Thern, Carboni, Fonseca, Balbo. Allenatore: Mazzone

__

Roma really should have scored 4 or 5. But we held on and scored 2 thanks to 2 great moments of magic - 1 from Zanetti, 1 from Carbone.

Totti came on as a sub aged 19 :)

Roma played a much smarter game and tried to isolate our CBs (who were absolutely awful - we have never had a worse combo than Festa-Paganin in my time supporting Inter).

Our subs - Fontolan, Dell'Anno and Orlandini - were also abysmal players.

No squad depth except maybe in attack (Ganz, Branca, Carbone)

That was my 2nd season as an Inter fan <3

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Great video @red

Best part for me is Ince getting up and laughing at the Roma player getting himself sent off for the challenge on him. True boss. That's why he's the Guv'nor.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We actually had a good attack back then indeed, I checked and both Branca and Ganz scored double digit figures in Serie A so yeah must be the defence that cost us to finish 7th.

Speaking of Branca, he scored a derby winning goal (Milan failed to win both derbies that season but ended up winning the Scudetto)

Powerful finish

Conte scored a goal against us in Milano - good finish - but there was a foul from jugovic imo. Ince unlucky to hit the goalframe and Paul also missed a good chance.

We won our first away game in Serie A that season in February lol (Torino away, 0-1 Branca)

Crazy bad.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nezzza:D LOL

u just put a huge smile on my face now:D and already won the prize for most elegant XTimer:D
Has nothing to do with elegance tbh :) 100% Corona-influenced.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All good here in Ireland - I still live in Berlin but got trapped here while visiting my folks and my employer.

I work as a developer these days so this makes no difference to my work routine.

Luckily the Irish took action about 7-10 days earlier than the Brits, so we will hopefully avoid the avalanche of cases they are experiencing.

Ahmed mentioned some great games there. I remember watching the highlights of that Padova game (did Ince score a bicycle kick?).

Actually don't remember that 4-0 against Napoli at all.... must check it out. I was a big fan of Benny Carbone back in those days. Talented player but rarely turned it on. If anyhting he probably played his best football at Sheffield Wed.

Guys if you find cool highlights/full matches maybe post them here?

Stay healthy gents.

Adios,

A
Ince AND Branca with acrobatic goals in that 8-2 Padova game

Crazy to see 2 goals like that in the same game

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Padova actually won against us in Padova that season, Croatian striker Vlaovic their hero then along with shitty refereeing.. we were denied 2 penalties

But the 2 Padova goals were legit and show that we couldn't defend. Avoidable goals.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hope it's not chanel, that will cost him a max.:)
Hehe no, it's Adidas and I got it as a gift from my dad. He got it for me because it had the CL logo on the bottle and he knows I am football-mad. I honestly never buy perfumes, always receive them as gifts generally.

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
I remember that match. Thrilled with the win but Milan was way off that day...well, that season too. Baggio though...he had scored that even before the ball reached him. Made it look so effortless.

Love to see those players though...from both teams. Nostalgia overload. Okay...maybe not so much for the Inter defenders.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
Watching those clips is a reminder of how insanely good Zanetti was. Two decades of almost flawless performances.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Watching those clips is a reminder of how insanely good Zanetti was. Two decades of almost flawless performances. View attachment 70242
Check out that JZ assist in the UEFA cup v Guingamp in 96-97

15 years later a JZ assist in the CL from a run against another French club (Lille)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts