Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hamstrung Heskey to miss derby
Emile Heskey will miss Saturday's Merseyside derby with Everton after being ruled out for up to three weeks with a hamstring injury.

The England striker came off at half-time in the 2-1 FA Cup fourth round victory over Newcastle on Saturday and as well as being a doubt for Premiership matches against Bolton and Manchester City he could also miss the friendly international in Portugal on February 18.

'Emile suffered a slight pull to his hamstring and will miss the derby,' said Houllier.

'I think he will be out for two to three weeks at least. We'll just have to see how he responds to treatment.'

Heskey's injury is a blow to Houllier as his options up front are limited as Michael Owen is still finding his way back to fitness after a six weeks out while Milan Baros, out since August with a broken leg, only makes his comeback bid in the reserves this week.

Young Frenchman Florent Sinama-Pongolle has a groin injury, Vladimir Smicer is struggling with an Achilles problem while El-Hadji Diouf is on international duty at the African Nations Cup with Senegal.

---------------------------

Just a piece of news which may be important....

D

·
0 Posts
Simple answer, play Le Tallec behind Owen. Baros must be nearly ready for a spot on the bench.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Is there no end to our injuries????:confused:

Get well soon DJ

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I was hoping Houllier would go with the same team that finished against the Geordies for the Derby, i.e.

Le Tallec------------Cheyrou------------Kewell

----------------------Owen------------------------

In front of Gerrard and Hamann and the last defence.

Now it looks almost nailed on, still damaging to lose Heskey though.

BOSH, it certainly looks that way, huh? :mad:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi guys..

Well I hope he gets well soon.. and I do feel really sorry for both Heskey and us.. just when he was finally starting to build his confidence and form again.. he's out injured.. 3 weeks with what.. 5 games in them? Well with Baros returning.. and ALT might be given a chance in this new formation.. Heskey might find it difficult to come back in..

Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery...

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
The reserve match against Bolton has been called off so Milan will have to wait to get back into it.Houllier has ruled him out of the Derby.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
Yasir said:
Hi guys..

Well I hope he gets well soon.. and I do feel really sorry for both Heskey and us.. just when he was finally starting to build his confidence and form again.. he's out injured.. 3 weeks with what.. 5 games in them? Well with Baros returning.. and ALT might be given a chance in this new formation.. Heskey might find it difficult to come back in..

Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery...
i agree, i hope he gets well soon, but seeing how he doesn't add a whole lot to our side when attacking, i don't see why he should be played as much. i don't think his style of play agrees with our stomaches.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Ah...a piece of good news to Liverpool after quite some time!:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts