Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
While watching the Evrton match in the comfort of my own home I noticed the rough treatment that seemed to come Heskeys way. Naturally bemused I started yelling at the t.v for the ref to take some action. Indeed Houllier himslef said that Xavier was rough with Heskey.
Imagine my horror when I saw Heskey go flying after going for a header. He landed full pelt on his bad back and also seemed to twist at the wrong moment. I don't blame anyone for this but I am furious that Everton fans insisted on booing him. So close after the antics they carried out on Izzet I thought they may be reasonable. how wrong was I. Heskey was done and hurt badly, everyone must have known yet they then booed him throughout the game. what for?
I don't know who to blame. The Everton fans surely realised that he was injured but this didn't matter to them. Who I blame the most though is John Gregory. Before he oppened his big mouth Heskey was not accused of diving and there was a reason for it. He didn't dive, but since that quote it seems that everyone sees Heskey as a play actor. He has to go through a lot and centre halfs will try and bring the 'big boy' down to size thus fouling him a lot (Xavier).
But I'm confused why JG is taken so seriously and his views questioned without merit (Andy Gray is one example).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Liverpool are becoming a team again and as per usual everyone dislikes a winner. The booing of Heskey is just an attack at Liverpool. He has managed to get (because of Gregory, Man U's braindead gloring hunting [email protected] and anti LFC fans in general) a reputation for diving even though he is officially the most fouled player in the Premiership. This will continue so we should get used to it cause all fans will use it against us. Remember that before he scored his goals they said he couldn't score. Just sit back and watch Heskey scilence them. It'll be a different matter when he plays for England ofcourse.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There's never been an anti-Pool movement over the years. When LFC were dominating everything they were respected for the dignity of the players and management, in contrast to that crowd down the road. During that time it should be noted that Everton never signed black players and were well known for it. When LFC signed John Barnes they threw bananas at the guy and sang "We are white, We are white" etc. No surprise to me Heskey got booed by them to be honest.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Everton club and fans alike are thugs - why do you think they sign Mark Hughes?

And John Gregory is an a**hole.

------------------
Lestor Wong
http://lfc-net.com

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Same reason they got Gough I suppose - experience. It was a strange move for me, surely Jevons should be given a chance full time.

X

·
0 Posts
it's kinda weird ...
that the pool and everton fans are so different....

maybe they're just jealous we got heskey when they got hughes..

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I've always liked Evertonians, that is until they booed Heskey and were tossers to Izzet. I never thought that they would be like they are.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
They've always been the sme, when we first signed Barnes in the 80's they through bannana's at him, so I kind of expected it from them with Heskey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts