Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta feel sorry for the guy, we still live in a world where football players are abused for their colour on a national stage.(Its bad enough on any stage, but this reminds me of a certain man with a small moustache at a certain Olympic games) These people seriously need more aid to improve their education system, and the sooner the better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm saying there is no place in society for racism especially in Sport. Last night in the England under 21's Heskey was abused for being black. Haven't we learn't anything since Hitler hosted the Olympic games?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh right - I see what you are getting at sorry. The tossers shouting the abuse need educating, quickly.

M

·
0 Posts
You're right M that is a disgrace.I'm Yugoslav and now I know why nobody wants to play us because our supporters are brainless morones.Heskey is a great young talent and good luck to him.

M

·
0 Posts
We're in the year 2000 and still racism in football is very much alive. It really is very sad. There are far too many yobs, bigots and tossers allowed into the stadiums.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
sometimes i don't understand, what is the basic theory of the tossers, bigot, or whatever about the racism they have done...
do they have brain in their head or what?

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
i've just got this from the net;

LONDON, March 30 (Reuters)(DS) - The English FA has vowed to combat racism after striker Emile Heskey was spat at, subjected to racial abuse and constantly fouled in an under-21 match against Yugoslavia in Barcelona .
"We are not going to sit idly by and let this sort off thing go on, wherever we are in the world," the FA's executive director David Davies told BBC radio.
"There was a stream of racist abuse addressed at Emile Heskey particularly and this went on and on. He was a great credit to himself in the way that he put up with it."
The England side defeated Yugoslavia 3-0 in the European championship playoff.
Heskey was the target of racist chants from a section of the Yugoslav supporters and the player said he was spat at and brutally challenged by some of the Yugoslav players.
"I was aware of what was going on in the stands. It's not something you come across in the premiership," he said.
"There was a bit of everything going on out there. I was spat at one time but the manager had said this is something I might come across."
Coach Howard Wilkinson said Heskey had "a torrid time and was subject to unreasonable behaviour. "But I thought he came out of it in a professional manner. He showed a lot of dignity and took it all in his stride."

-------
that's liverpool player... i'm proud of heskey :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
check out the Yugoslav footy forum if you wanna see what those guys think. Pretty sad really. Although its a good character builder for Heskey and he passed with flying colours. Fair play to the big man.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
And this is from U-21 team. These kids need spanking, apparently their behaviour need to be corrected, the sad thing is, nobody will correct them, not their coach and their fans, because what they did is acceptable. That's it, if this continue, this team is out! I don't care if the player play for England (which is my least fav football nation). This is untolerable!
ciao!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts