Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as we all love Billy, and he is in great form now, I think it is fair to say that Simic should have been the no. 2 behind Cafu for most of the season.

-------------

Dario Simic is on his way out of Milan after launching a stinging attack on boss Carlo Ancelotti.

“I’m certain, very certain that the time has arrived for a change of environment,” he told Sportske Novosti.

The defender is ready to turn his back on the hugely successful Rossoneri after regularly being overlooked by the tactician this term.

Simic has appeared in 13 League games, four in the Coppa Italia and twice in the Champions League, but he insists he deserved more of a chance and at least an explanation from the Coach.

“I’m disappointed and angry, especially with the coldness of Ancelotti,” continued the former Inter player.

“Despite my performances during games, the work I do in training and my professional comportment, that hasn’t been enough for the Coach to give me a reason for my lack of use.

“I think I deserve more respect than that currently shown.”

Simic did have a few injury problems earlier this term, yet he insists that he’s back to his best physically.

“This situation really makes no sense to me,” he noted. “I demonstrated that I was up to the job after my operation.

“However, the fact that I don’t even enter the Coach’s thoughts as an alternative to Jaap Stam clearly shows that he has no faith in me.”

Simic was already close to leaving the San Siro last season, but was convinced to stay by Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Billy is still so much better than Simic ever will be (or has been), so no, he has no point, he is just not good enough for more appearances.

And of course, if Cafu aint fit and Costacurta neither, there is still a certain Jaap Stam ahead in the picking order.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Simic showed great form when appointed
However, it wasn't enough

I could see why he is pissed, but then again he doesn't accept his place in the food chain

farewell dario and thanks for everything

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cacìni said:
Has Milan lost with Billy playing yet?
No, but the majority of his appearances were at centre back, not right back. At one stage in the season we had Stam at right back unable to go forward, and forgetting he was supposed to take the throw-ins. He was obviously not recovered from his injury and was rushed back into the squad, now he is out again for the semis.

Simic had some very good form for a while, then was left out in the cold.

Now we have 3 right backs leaving at the end of the season. I'm glad Billy signed for another year, let's hope he can do a full season.

If I am being critical, it is only of Carletto's reluctance to make better use of the finest bench in world football. Forza Milan.

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
pcpc said:
If I am being critical, it is only of Carletto's reluctance to make better use of the finest bench in world football. Forza Milan.
hows that?

Simic ahead of who?

Why would he be ahead of Billy?

as i see it Dario's less than spectacular performance against Reggina where he was subbed consigned him to be where he is right now,unfortunate for him,but i'd play Billy ahead of him anytime.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yohy said:
Why would he be ahead of Billy?
At right back? Because he is better equipped than Billy to defend the flanks against pace. That's not a criticism of Billy, but it's not that hard to see.

Did you see Barcelona's goal against Benfica? Do you know who likes to hang out on the left for Barca?

Simic is right. Gilardino has done nothing in CL but has started almost all the way up to the 1st leg QF, yet our 2 greatest nights so far have been thanks to Pippo. Think about it.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
pcpc said:
Think about it.
I did, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that Billy is a footballing legend who put in a worldclass performance as right back against Fiorentina, while Simic is only known for being signed from Inter.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
pcpc said:
Simic is right. Gilardino has done nothing in CL but has started almost all the way up to the 1st leg QF, yet our 2 greatest nights so far have been thanks to Pippo. Think about it.
So presumably Ancelotti made the right decisons for those games, you'd say?

Anyway I don't want to start another Gila argument so I'll shut up :neutral:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cacìni said:
I did, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that Billy is a footballing legend who put in a worldclass performance as right back against Fiorentina, while Simic is only known for being signed from Inter.
I tell you what, why don't you think about it again in 2 weeks time, when Barca go down the left with Eto'o and Ronaldinho. It's not about experience or pedigree, it's about mobility. And that goes double at Camp Nou.

Believe me, I'd be more than happy to see Billy roll back the years one more time , but with all due respect we wouldn't be playing him there if we weren't desperate.

Grow up, poster boys.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Regards Dario Simic, I don't think these 'latest' comments change much. He would likely have been leaving in the summer anyway along with Stam and maybe Cafu if rumours are to be believed, so the club was always going to have some work to do in the right back department.

A first choice will be signed (perhaps a second too) with Billy as a capable back up if needed (plus Jankulovski and Maldini can also play there, though perhaps not ideally). I'd give Simic's squad place to Marzoratti probably, as he's been in the squad quite often this season :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
pcpc said:
Ancelotti has only played him in our away matches and in Milan’s away matches, there is a huge gap between midfield and attack. Gilardino is quite useless without the midfield’s support. I believe that’s why he’s been so quiet in the Champions League.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Cacìni said:
Simic is only known for being signed from Inter.
That is a little unfair IMHO. He has shown himself to be capable at times. He was excellent in our 2002-03 CL run for example, has been good at times since.

Though the first part of your post is spot on :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chevanton said:
Ancelotti has only played him in our away matches and in Milan’s away matches, there is a huge gap between midfield and attack. Gilardino is quite useless without the midfield’s support. I believe that’s why he’s been so quiet in the Champions League.
Yes, Carlo started Vieri in our home matches, the ones that got us in deep trouble. If that doesn't reinforce Simic's point, nothing does: most of Milan's starting spots are earned on reputation, not form.

Gila is useless without the midfield because he is unable to beat his man. Goal, layoff or nothing.

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
Billy has covered the right back position with more ability,agility,style,class and endevour the Dario.

You worry about the away leg with Billy there,but i feel that should Stam recover from his injury he'd be on the right looking after Ronnie or maybe,hopefully Cafu which would make Ronnie more responsible with his defencive duties,something he doesn't cope to well with,his go is to stay our wideleft and come at speed,if either Marcos or Jaap couldn't make it,Billy has enough guile to look after him,moreso than Dario,IMO.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Billy will step up no doubt, but I feel that if Simic had been given more confidence, he would have been in contention for a spot as well.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Simic has a right to be asked to be transferred if he is 5th choise in a position (Cafu, Stam, Costacurta and Maldini have been played ahead of him as RB). He was loyal while being 2nd choise and deserves some respect for it :stuckup:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
pcpc said:
At right back? Because he is better equipped than Billy to defend the flanks against pace. That's not a criticism of Billy, but it's not that hard to see.
:howler: That is the funniest statement I've ever red! Did you see his performance against Lyon in the last 20 minutes when we were pressing. Did you see his intervention against Lyon player preventing him from passing what would have been Lyon's 2nd goal? Even the commentator praised him saying "Experience won over youth and speed" :proud:

Did you see his assist against Fiorentina?

With all due espect to Simic, Costacurta has become better RB, as simple as that :stuckup: I can understand Simic's furstration, but he ain't RB either, he is a CD, and compared to Billy, either at RB or CD, Billy will take him anytime.

Nevertheless, I can't say but thank you Simic for you input during the past 4 years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts