Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
71,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the Lukaku to Inter thread in 2019, might as well do it for 2022.

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

Blue Product Human World Organism

Good luck to Rom. He certainly was desperate to come back. May he win more with us.

·
Registered
71,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I can watch and listen to Mastrangelo singing 'Lukaku is magic' everytime Lukaku scores 😀

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
What will happen to the Bosnian?
You guys are stacked upfront and surely someone will go.

·
Registered
48,934 Posts
Thread title doesn't need to point out his race/skin colour, mang.

Anyway, whatever happens, what Lukaku did here is huge. He did everything to make the return happen. Both Chelsea and Inter didn't see this as a real thing before he started on them. Very, very special thing in football and we have to recognise it. Dude basically launched the redemption arc single-handedly.

Reactions: TTM, red and Primo

·
Administrator
53,890 Posts

Krajnina guy is in fetal position as we speak.

Don't think I see you trolling/triggering him with the title Nera, I'm watching you hiwan.

• Haha
Reactions: red and Firdaus

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
You guys are stacked upfront and surely someone will go.
Dzeko being linked to valencia and juve on a free.

Likely he will leave along with sanchez. With dybala also coming in.
Sanchez contract to be rescinded and then he will join a spanish team it seems.

·
Registered
529 Posts
so... Barella... any truth to the Liverpool speculation?

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,773 Posts
Not a big fan of a pure loan deal tbh. Makes us look like plebs.

But I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that we're broke and a feeder club now. 😞

On the other hand a cost of around 25-30 million for one season isn't exactly chump change, so what's the dealio here? 🤔

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
35,978 Posts
Chr

But I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that we're broke and a feeder club now. 😞

On the other hand a cost of around 25-30 million for one season isn't exactly chump change, so what's the dealio here? 🤔
Chelsea had fairly recently paid Inter 4-5 times that and didn't want to look like complete fools?

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,937 Posts
This has got to be the best transfer deal ever. Sell a player for 110 million, get him to underperform and express love for his previous club, make him become so loathed at his new club that they want to get rid of him for only 10 million and get the player to agree to a salary discount too! This is so diabolically clever, such a conniving brilliant scheme, sneaky yet brutally effective.... it can only have been orchestrated by N4L himself!

·
Registered
6,789 Posts

We loaned crespo and veron from chelsea with no buying options back in the day. Eventually got them for free when chelsea rescinded the contracts.
Don't see how this deal makes us look like plebs. In the above cases chelsea were also paying all the wages.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,773 Posts
We loaned crespo and veron from chelsea with no buying options back in the day. Eventually got them for free when chelsea rescinded the contracts.
Don't see how this deal makes us look like plebs. In the above cases chelsea were also paying all the wages.
I can't really see an upside for Inter.

A one season cost of 25-30 million. If Lukaku has a good season it will increase Lukaku's value and Inter won't be able to afford buying him. And if he sucks, well he sucks and we wasted 25-30 million.

I assume Inter will be paying Lukaku's net salary of 8 million.

Edit: I suppose Lukaku could pull a Cannavaro and force a discounted transfer to Inter after the loan ends. But that feels a bit dirty.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I can't really see an upside for Inter.

A one season cost of 25-30 million. If Lukaku has a good season it will increase Lukaku's value and Inter won't be able to afford buying him. And if he sucks, well he sucks and we wasted 25-30 million.

I assume Inter will be paying Lukaku's net salary of 8 million.

Edit: I suppose Lukaku could pull a Cannavaro and force a discounted transfer to Inter after the loan ends. But that feels a bit dirty.
Yeah Inter are paying €8mil net. Reason it had to be done by end of June has to do with qualifying for the growth degree tax break. He did lower his wages from €12 mil to €8mil to make the move possible.

For me loan gets renewed after this season. Then after that season we see what can be worked out regarding the transfer.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
doesn't the sum go up to 30mil only with performance bonuses? otherwise stays at 18mil?
Not sure about those numbers.
The numbers I have read is it's fixed €8 million to Chelsea, there are €4 million in bonuses but those are all tied to team results not rom.
Rom's salary is €8 mil net at Inter.

·
Registered
19,208 Posts
Not sure about those numbers.
The numbers I have read is it's fixed €8 million to Chelsea, there are €4 million in bonuses but those are all tied to team results not rom.
Rom's salary is €8 mil net at Inter.
Rom is the only player that has been at Leao's level in the past few years, as in a genuine game breaker in every game. So it's worth it if you really want the scudetto.

Little fairy feet won't get you a scudetto like Rom...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts