Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hertha Berlin hooligans went on a violent rampage after their side remained rooted to the bottom of the Bundesliga table after losing 2-1 at home to Nuernberg on Saturday. According to Goal.com Germany, around 100 fans stormed the pitch, some of them armed, as they attempted to attack players, and coach Friedhelm Funkel. Players in fear for their lives fled the scene as the thugs trashed the dugouts before police intervened to restore some order.

Rock-bottom Hertha succumbed to their 12th game at home without a win. Theofanis Gekas scored, before Albert Bunjaku pulled Nuernberg level. Angelos Charisteas struck the killer blow in stoppage time, prompting the chaotic scenes. After the game Nuernberg coach Dieter Hecking called for urgent action following the security breach as fans continued to roam the pitch. "It's very serious what happens in German stadiums, and we must ensure football does not degenerate. I don't understand why these idiots ran onto the pitch," he told the press.

[tub]HgTo0XQTovU&feature=[/tub]

·
Registered
16,002 Posts
I felt like doing that after watching Hertha last season. I paid money to see them beat Hamburg 2-1 last season in one of the dullest and overall worst performances I've ever seen in person

1 - 4 of 4 Posts