Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A controversial move to St. Mary's after leaving arch rivals Pompey on acriminous terms. Is he the man to revitalise Soton or did he make a faux pas just to annoy Pompey?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I don't like the guy. The amount of bull and lies he fed to Portsmouth fans is just unforgivable.

But of course he's a top manager.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
What bull and lies has he fed, although he never stated it the appointment of Zajec above him showed that the chairman has no faith in Harry. Jim Smith as much confirrmed this, Harry felt he couldn't work with a DoF so he resigned. He was free, took a time out but found he couldn't stay away from football after watching the soccer saturday program. Southampton approached him and he accepted. No harm in that.

Pompey fans should be kissing the guy's backside, without him they would be dreaming of promotion to the championship.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Interista said:
What bull and lies has he fed
Try these. The man is a liar.

Harry Redknapp, press conference: "I'm not gonna sit here and lie to you. It was totally my decision. I'm leaving because I need a break." :rollani:

Anatomy Of A Resignation
November 10
"I think those things are forgotten and we are now going together in the same direction" – Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric reflects on the summer’s wrangling with Harry Redknapp.

November 13
"I don't understand why all this fuss and commotion went on because Harry has known for some time that I am looking for this kind of structure. I honestly don't think there is any threat to Harry's job. I believe he's going to stay. I have no reason to believe otherwise" – Mandaric after he invited Zajec to join the club.

November 15
'Any issues that the manager had with a new appointment was pure speculation which was created in the national media. Harry Redknapp remains manager of the club which was never in doubt' – The club’s official website announces that Harry is stating.

November 16
"I have had two good meetings with the chairman and he has laid out exactly what he wants the chap (Zajec) to do. As I have said all along, I am the manager and it doesn't interfere with anything I do as a manager. I am still in total control of the football, and if I hadn't have been then obviously the whole situation would have been different" – Harry speaks to Sky Sports.

November 20
"They say on Radio Five tonight that I'm walking out. It's nonsense. I'm fed up with it. It's just people making up mischief. I just want to get on with my job. Until it's unworkable I'm here" - Harry denies he's leaving.

November 23
"I'm thinking one day about buying Bournemouth. I haven't got mega money but it is a club I could go and have some fun with. But it's down the line. I'm still here. Three clubs have been in my life: Bournemouth, West Ham and Portsmouth, but I've still a job to do where I am" - Harry sticks to his guns.

November 24
"It was my decision and something I have been thinking about for some time" – Harry Redknapp announces he has resigned as Portsmouth boss.

And finally...
"I will not go down the road to Southampton, no chance."

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like Harry, have done since he was at West Ham and I rate him as a good manager with a good eye for a bargin.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I like him as a manager, and yeah he talks the talk. Most managers will say similar things I think as not to burn bridges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts