Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having completed his 600th appearance for Manchester United in superb form today I'd thought I'd start a thread to post your favourite Giggsy moments and reminisce on the career of a legend.

I think everyone's favourite moment is going to be that goal against Arsenal. Not just because of it's quality, but because of the circumstances and the fact that Arsenal had stolen our thunder in the previous season. It epitomized everything about Giggs. But for me, the goal that signalled Gigg's emergence as a wolrd class player and indeed many of Fergie's Fledglings was the goal against Juventus in 95/96 (can't remember which). Juventus were the benchmark in Europe at the time and for me, that result started United's European presence for the past decade.

Anyone else have a Giggsy moment they'd care to share.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Giggs last minute equaliser at OT in the semi-final first leg of the Champs Lge the year we did the treble

(After the Arsenal semi goal of course)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
his most memorable moment would obviously be the goal against arsenal... but i rmeeber a few seasons back (i think 2001) against charlton, he took a shot from the half way line, it sailed through the air, crashed off the up-right, and then ole calmy drilled the rebound home..

that kind of summed him up for me... always been spectacular, but often unlucky

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
That great goal vs Arsenal in that memorableF.A cup semi final and a brilliant solo effort against Chelsea some years back at stamford bridge. ;)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
his worst moment was wen he missed the open net i 4get wat match it was . Has he ever been sent off

·
International
9,526 Posts
United to grant Giggs's wish
by Mark Kendall - created on 6 Feb 2005 (Sky Sports Website)

Manchester United are reported to be ready to offer Ryan Giggs a new two-year deal that will almost certainly see the winger end his career at the club.

Giggs and United have been in dispute over his contractual situation, with 18 months left on his current deal.

The Welsh star has been seeking a two-year extension, but the club were only prepared to offer him a 12-month deal because of his age.

However, such has been Giggs's form this term, United's board seem ready to relent and hand the 31-year-old the further two years he desires.

The wideman has produced a series of scintillating displays this season, and was a crucial factor in the stunning 4-2 win over Arsenal at Highbury last Tuesday.

If he is granted the two-year extension, as expected, it will take him to within a few months of his 34th birthday, and seems likely to see him hang up his boots at the club where he has spent his entire career.

He was linked with a move away from Old Trafford after news of the disagreement on the length of his new contract, with both Bolton Wanderers and Real Madrid mooted as potential suitors.

However, such talk now seems dead in the water for a player who has already spent over 14 years with The Red Devils.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Giggs will always be remembered for the wonder goal against Arsenal, that will be the fans lasting memory in 10, even 20 years.

I've always been of the opinion that if Giggs plays well, the rest of the team usually does.

His form this season is the best I can remember for a few years now, I hope he can keep it up for another 2-3 seasons :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Rekindled memories of the old Giggsy, I just hope he continues playing this well after he signs that contract.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Giggs touch me , plz me ! :scared:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just give him the 2 year contract for god sake. Its just getting stupid now. He's been our best player in the past 2 months, and not to mention a faithfull servant for more than 12 years now.

That Arsenal goal in 99 and the Champion league goal against Juve remain his proudest moments, but there still life in the old bugger yet, and i wouldn't be surprised if he went and topped those 2.

Ryan Giggs' agent has dismissed talk of a new deal at Manchester United, saying the player has still not agreed a fresh contract at Old Trafford.

The 31-year-old's United future is being put in doubt by a wrangle with the club's paymasters about the length of any extension to his contract.

Giggs' current deal expires at the end of next season, and he has been linked with numerous moves away from The Red Devils after the two parties could not agree on a new contract.

The Welsh winger wants a two-year extension while United are keen to offer players of his age just one-year deals.

Reports on Sunday had suggested that United had relented after Giggs' sparkling recent form, and offered him a two-year deal, but with him taking a cut in wages.
However, Giggs' representative Harry Swales says that he has received just one offer from United, with that being the original one-year deal Giggs has refused - and there have been no fresh talks.

"It is all a load of rubbish," Swales told the Manchester Evening News.
"We have still not spoken to United for a second time."

Giggs has been a shining light in Sir Alex Ferguson's triumphant reign at United, but he may be forced out of the club should he not be offered the deal he desires.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
It would be the biggest mistake that Fergie would make while at United, if he let Giggsy go now. After being such a superb servant for him, and showing to fergie week in, week out, for the last 2 months (and the most crucial for us, because his form has helped us get back in the title race) that he still is a great player, not offering him a 2 year contract would be a crime. And it is not like other players in the team are not happy with Giggsy, because most of them have come out in the last 4 months (Keano, Rio, Brown, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholesy, etc), saying that no-one wants to see Giggsy go.
Just hopefully Fergie stops being such a hardass like he sometimes is, and changes his policy of offering 1 year contracts, and offers the guy a 2 year extension.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Still no talks about a new deal :nono: :frustrat: . Now, the reports that United have offered him to Barcelona might be true, after Keano yesterday was talking about them and some other teams wanting to sign Giggsy :fero: :eek: but that he does not want him to go
OFFER HIM A 2 YEAR CONTRACT

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I seriously cannot see Giggsy leaving, especially on form like this. He will get his deal sooner or later.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Brilliant servent to your club and has been rejuvinated this year, hopefully next season, along with Scholes and Keane, he will start playing wank like at the start of the season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts