Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VILLA KEEN ON ALEXANDERSSON

Aston Villa are leading the chase to sign Sheffield Wednesday star Niclas Alexandersson.
Coventry and Everton are also tracking the Swedish Euro 2000 star, although John Gregory appears to have made the first move.

The Villa boss is understood to have made a £3.5million bid for Alexandersson, who moved to Hillsborough from Gothenburg for £750,000 in December 1997.

But the 28-year-old, Wednesday's player of the year last season, has said he would prefer a move to Coventry to link up with fellow Swede Magnus Hedman.

Alexandersson leave Hillsborough in the summer, but the player will choose where he goes. A Wednesday spokesman said: "We are talking figures with three clubs, but have yet to agree a fee with either.

"At the end of the day it will be up to the player to choose which club he wants to join."

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Who is Alexandersson ? We have Hadji and Chippo :D

No seriously, thanks for the info :)
I would love to see him in a Sky Blue jersey next season but if Villa pays that money we shouldn't try to bid more then them. Otherwise we are going to pay too much for him (for our norms)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ideal headline on Monday will be:
"Villa go on a shopping spree and sign Raul, Davids, Zindane, Hadji and Chippo" :D
Not very likely I don;t think! :(

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hehe, if that comes out i'll swim to England and bring them personally to you :D

It's nice to have dreams sometimes :) But with Englands press you'll never know ;)

J

·
0 Posts
It's funny that anything the press have said about transfers haven't come off this summer. It just shows you how much they make up. eg.

Sutton to Middlesbrough £6m
Southgate to Chelsea £6m - well not yet anyway
Gomes to Villa £8m
Merson to Fulham £3m
Ginola to Villa £3m
Figo to Villa £34m - I made that up by the way!!

Up the Villa

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JLloyd if that last one was even just a rumour, I'd be happy! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts