Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
We can't sell these two. thier like the backbone of this club and selling them means we have to build a new team.
Vicente will be much harder and more expensive to sell but if his injuries keep on happening i think it won't be a surprise if Valencia sold him real big. I know when fit he is the best player for us by far but the guy has two serious injuries in both ankles. Also because we don't have to worry about the left wing since we D. Silva and Gavilan( both under 20 Spain NT players) on loan as well as Reguierro.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
This is easy. Don't sell them. They won't pay the buyout clause.
We don't need to pay the buy-out clause.

You really think Valencia would say no to €30M for Vicente or Aimar, if the players wanted to move? Both seem to be injury prone anyway, despite their quality.

Especially Aimar, he only has two years left on his contract.

Just signing one of them would be great.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
L-Pheno said:
We don't need to pay the buy-out clause.

You really think Valencia would say no to €30M for Vicente or Aimar, if the players wanted to move? Both seem to be injury prone anyway, despite their quality.

Especially Aimar, he only has two years left on his contract.

Just signing one of them would be great.
Valencia said "no" to 60M for Mendieta. Of course, they'd say no for 30M for their 2 stars. Valencia showed in the last years that they're not sellers. And don't forget the fact that they're anti-madridistas, the president can't "sell" that supposed operation to his fans.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
valenciaholic said:
Why do you think every one wants to move to your club? Valencia is a much better club to bet the next couple of years, instead of that sinking ship of yours.

Besides Valencia doesn't need twenty or thirty million nowadays.
I never said every one wants to move to Madrid, but money talks nowadays and let's face it, almost every player is a mercenary.

Besides, Madrid is still a huge club despite the current problems.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
L-Pheno said:
I never said every one wants to move to Madrid, but money talks nowadays and let's face it, almost every player is a mercenary.

Besides, Madrid is still a huge club despite the current problems.
No, but you said no one could stop them if they didn't want to stay. Where did you get that information? Vicente was on the market a couple years ago for 15 million to any one who offerred . But he said he couldn't see himself with a team other than Valencia. Why do you think he renewed his contract until 2011.

As for Aimar, He almost always expresses his love for Valencia in every interview.

Yes, Madrid is historically the biggest team. But football wise now a days they are far from the best. Why do you think big stars like Vierra, Emerson, and Gerrard to name a few, didn't want to sign for you?

Yes money talks but these players are already highly payed at the Mestalla and selling them will not even benifit Valencia financially.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
valenciaholic said:
No, but you said no one could stop them if they didn't want to stay. Where did you get that information? Vicente was on the market a couple years ago for 15 million to any one who offerred . But he said he couldn't see himself with a team other than Valencia. Why do you think he renewed his contract until 2011.
Yes, nobody can really stop them if they want to leave, but in this case, Vicente wanted to stay.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Young07 said:
Vicente has already rejected a move to Manchester United so why would he sign for Real Madrid?
Because Real are a much bigger club and are based in Spain.

Anyways, I never said he wanted to leave.

·
Registered
394 Posts
come on guys. Valencia is a selling club. With the quality they have sold in the past you could build 2 top la liga teams. OK, they have so far managed to keep hold of Ayala, Vicente and Aimar, but how long will that last.

Mendieta was sold without his buy-out-clause even being met so that means nada.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
djferros said:
come on guys. Valencia is a selling club. With the quality they have sold in the past you could build 2 top la liga teams. OK, they have so far managed to keep hold of Ayala, Vicente and Aimar, but how long will that last.

Mendieta was sold without his buy-out-clause even being met so that means nada.
Since when Valencia didn't sell an important player? Years and years. I can only remember Mendieta, who actually forced his departure... and he was very very well sold. In fact, Valencia didn't want to sell. Real Madrid offered 60M € (can you believe it?), Mendieta said "I want to play in Madrid", Valencia said "no, you don't go to Madrid". The Valencia fans started an "I hate Judas-Mendieta". Valencia realized that Mendieta couldn't continue. Lazio appeared offering a great offer for Valencia and Lazio and he left.

I wouldn't say that this is a "seller". Also Makelele forced his exit in this way and Madrid is not a seller.

Claudio López, also for a really high price, out of the market; the same goes for Gerard. Years before, Mijatovic paid his buyout clause. I can't recall Valencia selling important players since many years ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts