Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another young African star in the Slovakian league, following in the footsteps of Dubnica's Seye.

21-year old Cameroonian, plays for Dunajska Streda and is the leading goalscorer of the Corgon Liga so far, 1/3 into the season, with 7 goals in 11 matches.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
21-yrs old striker od DAC Leonard Kweuke heading to 6-months loan to Eintracht Frankfurt.

So he´s gone.

·
皇帝
933 Posts
21-yrs old striker od DAC Leonard Kweuke heading to 6-months loan to Eintracht Frankfurt.

So he´s gone.
No surprise, if you ask me. Everytime some player start shining his team will do everything to sell him. We are just selling good players to foreign leagues and aren´t buying anything - and than we are shocked how´s possible that in our history we were only twice in Champions League. Only Žilina showed some progressive work, but that´s it.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
I´m not really surprised with his departure tbh.

Quality of foreign players in Slovakia keeps increasing. Some 10 years ago we had only few true footballers from abroad. Apart from legend Fabio Nigro (Slovan), hungarian Telek in Kosice and Fall in Trnava all foreign players in Slovakia were garbage. And I don´t remeber anyone jumping to bigger league.

Now it´s Kweuke to Frankfurt, Matič to Middlesborough, last summer Vršiť to Timisoara. Next big thing may be Milinkovič from Košice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts