Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wankers

Barça tira Ronaldinho da Copa das Confederações, diz revista

Berlim (Alemanha) - Um acordo entre o Barcelona e a Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (CBF) deve tirar o astro Ronaldinho Gaúcho da seleção brasileira na disputa da Copa das Confederações, em junho, na Alemanha. A informação é da revista alemã Der Spiegel.
Segundo a publicação, os dirigentes do clube catalão argumentaram junto à CBF que a presença do jogador brasileiro na excursão que o Barcelona fará à Ásia em junho seria fundamental: caso Ronaldinho não atuasse, o Barça perderia cerca de US$ 3 milhões (R$ 9 milhões).

A Copa das Confederações é considerada um 'aquecimento' para a Copa do Mundo de 2006, que também será realizada na Alemanha. O torneio será disputado entre 15 e 27 de junho, enquanto a excursão do Barcelona acontece entre os dias 10 e 15 do mesmo mês.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It's a good tourney to test new options though. And considering as to how Ronaldinho has been performing for the national team, I won't mind really...

PS: But on 2nd thoughts: if you consider that Parreira is trying to change the formation (as seen in the last qualifyings match), it would be interesting to have the full squad so they can get used to it.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
To the hell with all the clubs that do this. :ass:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think its a chance for other players to shine , Ronaldinho is great and doesn't need to be called up to the selecao to prove it .
Its very tiring for Brazilian players to take the trip to South America and then go back to europe in 2 days , and clubs DO pay them increadible salaries so we have to be kinda fair and say that both the country and club have rights to the player .

My opinion is that its a great chance to call up new players and give them the chance , I think Marcelinho Paraiba is a great attacking midfielder , Lincoln of Schalke is doing a great job , Fellype Gabriel is said to be the player of the future ...... etc the good thing about Brazil is that we have increadible amounts of players !

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
so only Robinho, Kaka, Adriano, and Ronaldo to choose from? :( Did I miss anyone?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sorry but I am Angry of Inglaterra over this. Do not bother getting tickets for any 'Brazil' game because it won't be 'Brazil'. I am getting seriously pissed off about taking a mixture of front liners and never to been again to tournaments. We have a situation here where we are playing a tournament a year before the Copa in a country where the Copa is being held! An ideal situartion (you have have thought) for players to take the opportunity to take in the conditions they will face for the big onre in 2006. Yet, we will get over the next few weeks 'tired player' scenarios. For Deus sake, Ronaldo has missed 3 top years of his career in the Brazil shirt due to bad injuries. Would you not have thought that he would take every opportunity to play? Yes, he has won it all before but you just have to see a player like Romario not knowing when to retire to see that players do miss playing in their early-mid thirties. He )and others) should take every opportunty to play while they are at their peak.

Get used to it: World Cups apart, you will NEVER see the real Brazil play in tournament play EVER again (the last time we took a top team to a tournament was in the 1999 Copa America).

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...how about this: CAP rings Ronaldo (and others): "Hello Ronaldo (niceties follow), we propose to name you in Os 23 for the Confed Cup. Ronalo to CAP: Oh. professora, great MAS I am so tired after a long season in La Liga. I really need a rest. CAP: OK, do you want a rest in June 2006? Ronaldo: I can't wait ti play i the Confed Cup, Boss. Look forward to meeting up with you in Germany......."

·
Administrator
30,933 Posts
But then, Ronaldo and many are really tired or dont you remember the freench team falling into pieces in 2002 ?
That is the part of diplomacy - the clubs and National Teams must find a point of agreement and frankly, the Confederation Cup is such point right now.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I like the scenario Rei Volante described, the conversation between Parreira and R9. :D :embarass: Does that make me a bad person? :devil:

BTW, this week Parreira mentioned that he plans to take Ronaldo to the Confed Cup. Let's wait and see how that goes.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In interviews he WILL say that. The reality will be something else. Thanks for agreeing with me - I might be right after all as I rate your judgment so highly. I ma having battles here and elsewhere re all this.

·
Administrator
30,933 Posts
I am sure you will notice that if players do not get the vacation the process of physicall exaustion will happen, because it is accumulative. Confederations Cup, as it is, FIFA pointinga date just because she wants that have no conformity with a bigger calendary that cares about the classificatory and the player's rest is just it, a useless tournament who allows a good climated and tests.
It is much more important to worry about Copa America than Confederations Cup, for Copa America we should get full power without destroying our players with stress.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
JCamilo said:
I am sure you will notice that if players do not get the vacation the process of physicall exaustion will happen, because it is accumulative. Confederations Cup, as it is, FIFA pointinga date just because she wants that have no conformity with a bigger calendary that cares about the classificatory and the player's rest is just it, a useless tournament who allows a good climated and tests.
It is much more important to worry about Copa America than Confederations Cup, for Copa America we should get full power without destroying our players with stress.
That's probably because the Copa America is an ACTUAL tournament that people care about and that deserves respect. The Confed Cup is FIFA money grabbing bullshit, and you can't blame players for not being interested. Although I'm glad to see the typical over-reacting in blaming clubs. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the only reason CAP should call up Ronaldo is to make sure he doesn't get fatter anymore !!!
Ronaldo really needs to lose some weight and be a little professional .

NO offense to the phenomenon ...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The thing is, Brasil's large amount of good players doesn't change the fact that we need to prepare the FIRST team, the specific group that will play in Germany next year. It's all fine and good to list ALL the truckloads of quality alternatives, but at one point the testing needs to stop so we can focus on polishing important details such as tactics and positioning.

That need for training time becomes even worse since we don't have any real time to train the team for the Qualifiers – the guys arrive one day, have one session of training on the second day, play the third day, then they're gone. So a tournament like the Confed Cup, worthless as it may seem, could be a golden opportunity to have a couple of weeks training with the whole team. But apparently that's not going to happen. So we'll test a bunch of players, most of whom with only marginal chances of going to the WC, and maybe this group that never played together before will even manage to do well in this lightning tournament... and if they DON'T, we'll just be eliminated before even actually building a team, after gathering an assortment of whatever players were available for the manager. What's the point of this?

Is it an official tournament? Yes. So FIFA supposedly should guarantee that Brasil can have any and all players we want, because other teams will be taking their first teams. It's not a matter of saying "oh, Adriano and Robinho are still better than the other team's players" because NOBODY CARES about this Confed Cup, we just want to prepare the FIRST TEAM for the friggin' WC. Forget about all the dozens of players we have, we can't take all those dozens of players to the WC!! So we need to practice with the squad that we intend to take to the 2006 WC. Building yet another "assemblage of good/available players" team at this point, one year before the WC, is just a terrible waste of time. :(

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sir Garrincha - you is a god

Yes, we have very little time to train for WCQs, and, guess what, the players are the first to complain about it. So, when they get a chance to have some time together they should take it not complain about tired limbs.

Alos, when was the last time we played really well when it mattered? I fear outr chances next year. We will be an old team in terms of average age.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts