Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about this. If Weah and Zola are on their way out, that leaves Flo and Hasselbank as the recognized starters up top. But a quality third striker is needed. So why not keep Sutton? Yes, he had a terrible season with Chelsea, but he is a quality player, no doubt. Remember the SAS back at Blackburn? So why not keep him? IF Vialli can convince him to accept that he will not be first choice, but play a sort of Ole Gunnar Solskajer role, it could really pay off. And what if he finally does figure out how to play in Chelsea's system. Then you have a great player. To sell Sutton, Chelsea would receive no more than 5 million, and to buy a proper third striker would probably cost 10 million. So why not just keep Sutton? I am sure that with some good coaching he can regain his confidence and start scoring again.
Comments, anyone?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't think that this will get a lot of backing in here but I see what you are saying. My view is that Sutton is not a Chelsea player pure and simple. in the same way Duncan Ferguson would not be a Chelsea player, this does not mean that he is a bad player but not suited to their style.

D

·
0 Posts
I agree sort of with both of you.
Should Vialli want only 3 strikers, than I rather keep Zola, then Weah, then Sutton.

Fenerbache are the only club so far who have shown interest in Zola, but not a single thing has happened.

Sutton should be sold, he was a flop, maybe give him until the winter-break or something.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remember how everyone called Henry and Stam flops at the beginning? And now they are two of the best foreigners in the league. Maybe it has just taken Sutton a really long time, and maybe he will start to play well. If he doesn't, then fine, sell him during the season to Spurs.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
labas: Casiaraghi retired because he couldn't recover from his serious knee injury.

And I don't think we should keep Sutton at all costs, I'd rather have a young English striker instead.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sutton should be given a last chance and if he doesn't preform then should be sold. Personally I don't think his full potential will come out playing at Chelsea.

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts