Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 763 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Henry's signing is slowly sliding into Overmars/Petit territory.

We need to get a better feeder club than Arsenal. Their players just aren't cutting it for us.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Dare I say that Henry reminded me of Kluivert today. He had so many opportunities today and didn't make any of those into a shot on goal. Terrible game by him today.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
1. Henry is near 31 now
2. He was the focul point of Arsenal
3. Barcelona play too slow for him

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
1. Henry is near 31 now
2. He was the focul point of Arsenal
3. Barcelona play too slow for him
1. What does that have to do with his technique or his finishing.
2. What does that have to do with his technique or his finishing.
3. What does that have to do with, anything really. France aren't Arsenal either regardless of the frequent puns, he seems to do alright with them.

·
Registered
671 Posts
3. What does that have to do with, anything really. France aren't Arsenal either regardless of the frequent puns, he seems to do alright with them.
I agree with you on Points 1,2 and 3... I just don't understand how come he is playing so shite more often than not :(

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Just give him time and respect.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
i like this "give him respect" stuff :)

he has respect, and fame, and fortune

someone said Barca's game is too slow for him.... it has now become my greatest fear to see what Henry will do if Barca speed the game up. Yesterday he couldnt control the simplest slowest of balls to his feet.

he's reduced to a great finisher now... he should sit his ass in the box and await service

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I am just suggesint some reasons why he is not performing to his Arsenal standard.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Just give him time and respect.
I hate this type of comments. What does that mean? That we shouldn't criticize him for shocking lack of simple ball control? Or for his lackadaisical play of yesterday?

If he plays like crap, and worse, shows no effort, then he should be criticized. Plain and simple.

And for Barcelona may not be playing as fast as they used to, but one of the slowest is Henry himself. Shocking lack of speed.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Why does he punt the ball a ways in front when he just can't get back to it? The defender just mops it up or clears it for a corner every time. Am I the only that's bothered by this.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Why does he punt the ball a ways in front when he just can't get back to it? The defender just mops it up or clears it for a corner every time. Am I the only that's bothered by this.
If you've watched him in Arsenal, that's how he used to beat defenders. Saddly for him, defenders in spain are not willing to play a foot race with , rather play smartly and have another defender go collect the ball.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've you've watched him in Arsenal, that's how he used to beat defenders. Saddly for him, defenders in spain are not willing to play a foot race with , rather play smartly and have another defender go collect the ball.
Ironically I was alluding to when he does it versus one defender and loses the footrace.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Typical EPL crap. Like all the shites in that hit and run league.

1 - 20 of 763 Posts