Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i know most of u think he is the real deal

but i think he is great, only not when it comes to the big games....has he ever delivered on the grand stage....
he melted in the wc and was pathetic last nite....jsut like the 1st le

gimme a vieri or a sheva or ronaldo or raul over henry anyday

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Lav,
You're truly pathetic kid...:groan::rollani:

For all those so called non-sense theories that he chokes in the big tournament, for your info, since you seem too young to remember it, he was voted by UEFA MVP of the Euro 2000. 2002 was a collective failure, so that is more the fault of the whole team and organisation of France's Team and federation to blame for.

I'll tell you what kiddo, make sure to watch the games at the Euro. You might be surprised at the Henry that you will see, like you've rarely seen him...;)

Btw, what has Vieri done at the so called big stage other than a good tournament in 98?...Mr. either-injured-most-of-the-time-or he is fit, he's too tired as he's been too busy with the prostitutes in Milano...:eek: :howler:

Sheva I agree is the real deal, but along Titi, they are the 2 most deadliest and complete strikers there is in the world. If you can't se that, then I'm sorry, but you don't understand football....:eek:

ALLEZ TITI!!!!:star::cool:
FAIS-LES TAIRE A TOUS CES CONS ET MONTRE-LEUR QUE TU ES LE MEILLEUR!!!!:stuckup::proud: :fero:

Cheers.;)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Henry is class...sure tonight he didn't do much but...he was very unlucky maybe the pressure got to him...who knows...he missed a few excellent chances in the game...what I would except him to convert 95 out of 100...but shit happens and he will be back to fight another day. :)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Henry was injured tonight and still was desperate to play,it is the first time EVER in a game that wasn't won that he was subbed,he was terrible and even though he was that bad most fans were gutted he was subbed,that shows how much we appreciate him.

anyone that doesn't rate him is a plum,yes Lav that's you my weird friend :tongue: :D

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Henry is a CHOKER!!! The most over-hyped player on earth!!!!

Injured my :ass: His shots were pretty fast ... only that they were inaccurate!!! His jumping in the air was pretty decent. His running was decent!!! And yet he missed two chances!!! Was not doing much!!!

He doesn't have MENTAL STRENGTH!!!! MENTALLY he is a big wuss!!! Doesn't have the temperament to handle the big stage at all! World Class CHOKER!!!!!

He will always fail in the big knock-out game!!!! Just see him burn some weak side in the EPL.

When it is Pressure Point Henry is the finest bet to CHOKE!!!! :howler:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Lav,
Re-reading your post again with a calmer head, I see you saying "give me a Raul" and after reading this, tell me what has Raul done in the big crunches of the big international tournaments? Always failed miserably and crumbled under the heavy pressure for his weak shoulders...More likely. He's doing or rather, used to be awesome for Real, but nowadays, for the past 2 seasons or so, he's been a shadow of the great, chevelresque player he was. At times he looks absent, as if disinterested in what's going on the field.

Raul is not a leader and that's what is preventing him from getting the true recognition he could get had been more of an influential player. A player that can take his team up, cheer them up, motivate them, if needed, yell at a teammate to wake them up and then, carry the team on his shoulders. Raul the few times he did that was with Real a couple of years ago. With Spain, in the big games, I have yet seen him to do that...:eek: Dno't get me wrong: Raul is one of the playesr I respect the most, but for the past 2 years, he's been a lacklustre shadow of his true self and thus, cannot be compared to the current Sheva nor Henry.

Vieri? Let's talk about him. He's a beast, a force of nature. Unstoppable when on form and healthy scoring like a madman. However, the bad side about him is that he just waits for the ball, barely creates his own chances. Relies heavily on the supply he gets from his teammates. And even with the teammates, his team spirit is not among the best of his attributes, as he spends most of his time swearing at his own teammates!:eekani: His selfish side along his injury-proness doesn't make him too reliable either....:eek:

Titi, has now matured into a full grown world class player and leader. Just watch him with France and you'll see a totally different player. He's truly become the 2nd leader of the team after Yazhid. He's the most dangerous player in the team with :star: Zizou le Magicien :star:.

Sure, tonight, wasn't his best performance, and I'm quite convinced that at the Euro, we will witness the real Titi, the one that can destroy any defence at any given moment. The one who could light up the whole tournament by his out of this world class, talent and greatness. :star::proud:

Haroon,
He was not at his best tonight otherwise, his shot would have been in...;) And please refrain from talking about things you have absolutely no clue whatsoever when you talk about him not having the "winning mentality" or other things like that as it's totally and completely bogus and doesn't and cannot be applied to Titi. Why? Simply because he is blessed with a tremendous self confidence, a great winning mentality that he has cultivated all these years with some of the best managers around: Wenger and Tigana at Monaco and now again for Wenger; Jacquet with France and now Santini. Plus, he's got around him some truly born winners in the likes of Deschamps, Blanc, Desailly, Zidane in the NT who are born winners and know a thing or two about winning the big ones. So please talk only about things you are familiar with and refrain from making a fool of yourself and talking about things you're completely clueless my good Baboon friend. :howler::howler:

ALLEZ TITI!!!!:star::cool:

Cheers.;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
come on Haroon,i'm waiting for this :D

i reckon you might be losing bottle and not appearing in the "big" debates :D

is Haroon only great under little pressure when he's posting in the Cookery forum ? :howler:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
Hey nobody disrespects Dagoods agent (Cocoon) and gets away with it!

Next Debate should be a Tag-Team Match:

DAGOODS and Cocoon vs San Zero and Germ Lizardpiss

Il Fenomeno vs Henry the TWAT!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Sure henry messed up against chelsea but there isnt any player that hasnt a bad match,
This year and last year he has been superb and only a blind or a very biased poster will deny that. He has created lost of chances for others from the left, thus he was the highest assister in the epl last year, and he has scored many superb goals. And stop talking about choking, because he has scored against most of the big teams he has played against.

the only downside to henry is his heading, and sometimes rarely the simple finishes.,,,,,and i personally dont like his celebrations like last week taking reyess hand off his back, after reyes went to celebrate with him....but other than that.....he is truly amazing player and arsenal are lucky to have such a player at their club

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Henry is absolutely brilliant. He just needs to be a little less selfish and be more involved in the area and he'll be the best in the world. I don't like his style of play generally (too arrogant, too pretentious, too selfish) but he is an absolutely fantastic striker.

Up there with the best, obviously.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Henry hasnt delivered in the past 3 big games
2 vs Chelsea and he did come on as a sub in the FA cup match.

Great player yes but he needs to deliver on the big stage to really be the undisputed best.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I dont want to say that Xt fans are morons, but they is an annoying trand among most of them.

Lots of dudes here single out 1 game to make a decisive judgement of player or coach. Henry killed Inter at San Siro in a Very important game, he also scored a wonderfull goal against man utd the other week.

All of the sudden he is a choker, just like Zac is the greatest coach in the world because he beat juventus Twice :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
for those who think he doesn't play well in the big matches, just have a look at the final in euro 2000, he was the best player on the pitch.
well he maybe play bad yesterday (i haven't seen he match) but he surely isn't a choker.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
jack goff said:
I dont want to say that Xt fans are morons, but they is an annoying trand among most of them.

Lots of dudes here single out 1 game to make a decisive judgement of player or coach. Henry killed Inter at San Siro in a Very important game, he also scored a wonderfull goal against man utd the other week.

All of the sudden he is a choker, just like Zac is the greatest coach in the world because he beat juventus Twice :D
I totally agree. This is a ridiculous post.

So when he does play well in big games as this DOES happen, what is he? A selective memory always helps someone to get their argument across.

D

·
0 Posts
Lav said:
now i know most of u think he is the real deal

but i think he is great, only not when it comes to the big games....has he ever delivered on the grand stage....
he melted in the wc and was pathetic last nite....jsut like the 1st le

gimme a vieri or a sheva or ronaldo or raul over henry anyday
Henry was injured in the world cup, and was injured last night.

Henry is the best player in the world at the moment. Vieri?? please, at his best he's not close to Henry. Sheva is the only one that comes close.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Please enlighten us all as to where Henry has performed in a big match!!

He was only good in France or made to look good because of the following:

1. Zidane
2. Deschamps
3. Desailly
4. Thuram
5. Blanc
6. Lizarazu
7. Petit

Now that these guys weren't with him together in WC 2002 he flopped. He doesn't win the big tournament or even performs in the latter stages of it (UCL) because he doesn't have those players in Arsenal.

He is NOT a leader. He is a follower!!

Arsenal's team this season was perhaps one of their best ever sides. Expected to do well in every competition. If Arsenal fans are happy with their 2nd QF elimination then it is sad! They lost an FA Cup semi to a much weaker side that had much more determination and grit and mental strength!

Excuses that he was injured are plain shite! He had two shots and both went off target but had good enough force!! He just freezes in these type of games!! Where was he in the first leg??? Taking a nap perhaps!

Euro 2000 .... where was he against Espana? Where was he against Portugal except for that streaky goal and where was he against Italia??? A player of his class who simply burns Fulham or a Blackburn should surely be able to play in a crunch game. I don't call him a choker because of yesterday's performance!! I've been calling him that for half a decade now!!!

He surely is a class act!! Wasn't he amazing in the WC 2002??? Zidane is out injured and the Arsenal lot is given the responsibility to string together ONE goal. TIT, Pires, WilTOAD, Vieira!!! WOW!!! 4 players from ONE club. Bummer!!! Not even a single goal!!! :cool:

Leaders and great players deliver when it matters most!!! Henry is the best player to have playing a weaker side. But when it comes to a side who is on par or better then it is better to not have him in the team sheet let alone the starting 11!! :D

And if Henry wasn't a choker then there wouldn't be so many accusations flying around for him.

Regarding that Inter pummelling I have one thing to say. Arsenal lost to a CUPER side (very decent record in Europe) and then raped Zaccheroni's side (very pathetic record in Europe).

Inter had just changed coach. And Arsenal scored in the last 15 mins. I would be anything that if Cuper was coaching Inter you can forget Arsenal scoring 5 past them!! His team's are extremely well organized in defence and it is rare to see his team getting pummelled like that and self-destruct!

Henry just cannot perform in a big match!!! He lets his team down far too often!!! Best player of the Euro final my :ass: Some damage he did!!! LOL

If that was his best performance then France didn't play well till injury time!!!

He is over-rated and treated like a Big Kahuna. He is such a good bet to fail when it matters most!!! :cool: PRESSURE MAN written all over him! :howler: :star:

D

·
0 Posts
Haroon said:
Henry is a CHOKER!!! The most over-hyped player on earth!!!!

Injured my :ass: His shots were pretty fast ... only that they were inaccurate!!! His jumping in the air was pretty decent. His running was decent!!! And yet he missed two chances!!! Was not doing much!!!

He doesn't have MENTAL STRENGTH!!!! MENTALLY he is a big wuss!!! Doesn't have the temperament to handle the big stage at all! World Class CHOKER!!!!!

He will always fail in the big knock-out game!!!! Just see him burn some weak side in the EPL.

When it is Pressure Point Henry is the finest bet to CHOKE!!!! :howler:
worst post in months, truly terrible.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts