Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World class performances season after season whilst at Arsenal and yet people were claiming he's not really a legend because apparently he "chokes" a lot. Personally I would pick him at his prime over pretty much all other strikers I've seen playing (except pre-injury R9 perhaps).

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Thierry is a brilliant player, and yes is probably one of the most underrated. But there is no denying that in SOME big games he chokes. But he did well in the final 2006, and in the prem seemed to excel against the likes of United, Liverpool and Chelsea. Theres also that run and goal at the Bernabeu that sent Arsenal through- all massive games where he shone rather then choked

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I agree with Rob.and i add He has been the best player this decade no one comes near him.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Even though Barcelona do not enjoy the best Henry ever, I think Guardiola's trust in him has given him the confidence he needed to realize that he can still play an important role in Barcelona.

He has been able to turn the booes into "Henry Henry" chants in the Camp Nou, as it happened the day he scored the hat-trick against Valencia. The self-confidence will be important for him and for Barcelona and, yesterday, he showed up to score the winning goal in Villarreal in a very difficult game for us.

I hope he can be the Larsson we had a couple of years ago. As I said, he is not Arsenal's Henry, but he has recovered his trust in himself. He has scored 8 goals in 13 games (10 as starter), which is a great record, and I have no doubts that he is essential in the good development of the season so far.

I admire his unexpected (at least, for me) humble attitude. He currently plays as fake winger, where Ronaldinho usually roamed, and he defends as a lion as he also shows his talent in attack. He needed his time to adapt, but he's doing very well lately. Besides, the kids of the youth team adore him, because he likes to take care of them and help them, so I'm glad he notices that these kids have an idol in him and an example to follow.

Now I wish he could help us in the Champions League too in order to challenge for a possible 3rd CL for Barcelona. If we also could give him the crown he deserves and never was able to win, much better for him and the club.

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
best epl player ever......not legend for world football
Best EPL player ever yes, and certainly a legend of the "modern" era. The only fowards that can be seriously considered better than Henry are legends like Gerd Muller, Ronaldo, Romario, Van Basten.

Fans' minds can often be fickle and forget things. Even when I see Henry for Barca it's hard to remember how incredible he was for several seasons. Not only as a goalscorer but as a team-player (check his assists). Is he underrated though? Well here in England the plaudits he consistently received in his prime make me say no. I'd say he's rated quite fairly. And he doesnt choke a lot.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
He's rated just about right. I followed Arsenal and Henry since about 2000, maybe earlier(cant recall), I havent forgotten what he was. Neither do I think others have, at least not in England. His first season in Spain was really poor though, but this season he has stepped up his game a lot. Still in the shadow of players like Eto'o, Xavi, Messi, but he has proven useful to Barcelona.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
He's regarded as the best player ever to grace the premiership, hardly underrated.
Just to clarify, when you say best player ever to grace the Premiership do you mean the best ever to grace the English league or the best player to grace the English league since '92?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Personally I would pick him at his prime over pretty much all other strikers I've seen playing (except pre-injury R9 perhaps).
His prime, you mean During his time with Arsenal ?

btw,.. he isnt underrated, the league difference is there. Liga is more difficult.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
His prime, you mean During his time with Arsenal ?

btw,.. he isnt underrated, the league difference is there. Liga is more difficult.
I wouldn't say it's more difficult just different. Some players suit the Premier League more and some players suit La Liga more.

Take Forlan and Kanoute for example.

But I have to say that that wouldn't have really mattered to Henry because the Henry of 2002-2005 would have been as brilliant in Spain as he was in England.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Since 92 obviously...
Well, if it was obvious I wouldn't ask the question.

I wasn't being a smart arse, I was merely asking you to give me a little clarity on your statement.:)

Kunt.:thumbsup:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Raul Gonzalez > Henry

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts